Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BLACK RALLY STRIPES - The verdict is in... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19684)

CanadianCamaro 04-23-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 427858)
Seriously, I think you should consider buying a set of gloss black from Txturbo since your window sticker will say black rally stripes. Everyone will think they are stock, especially if GM decides to offer the black rally stripes in a finish that more people will want in 2011.

I'll consider that. Are his short like stock or long? In the purest sense it will be easy for someone to know they aren't stock. But I guess the vinyl will be closer to stock than painted. Hmmmm... decisions....

Hylton 04-23-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro (Post 427876)
I'll consider that. Are his short like stock or long? In the purest sense it will be easy for someone to know they aren't stock. But I guess the vinyl will be closer to stock than painted. Hmmmm... decisions....

He is going to make them EXACTLY the same size, shape and quality. Not sure if he plans on offering the longer one's.

CamaroSkooter 04-23-2009 03:57 PM

Think about it this way, if the black stripes are, in fact, of the flat variety, you won't have to worry about seeing any orange peel in the vinyl. :)

Hebe4 04-23-2009 04:00 PM

As per Fbod, I have a feeling they might be Semi gloss. Subject to interpretation of course.

Supermans 04-23-2009 04:02 PM

At least from the pictures the cyber grey stripes look glossy?? Can anyone confirm if they are?

Hylton 04-23-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebe4 (Post 427903)
As per Fbod, I have a feeling they might be Semi gloss. Subject to interpretation of course.

That is the most "got all the bases covered" comment I have ever read on this site......:iono:

Hylton 04-23-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 427911)
At least from the pictures the cyber grey stripes look glossy?? Can anyone confirm if they are?

I can and yes they are. So are the white. Seen them both up close.

DZbob 04-23-2009 04:06 PM

Stripes

I just cancelled my stripes after talking to the local paint shop. I am going to have them painted on.....gloss black

19K3SS 04-23-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 427911)

saw the cyber gray on an IOM 2SS at the Austin Auto Show, the Cyber Gray rallys were glossy.

saw the black hockey/hood stripes at the dealership in Michigan, they were in fact a very flat black.

duffmobile 04-23-2009 04:07 PM

I saw a yellow 2SS at my dealership today with the black stripes installed. It'd definitely a flat black but they look like they have some metallic in them up close. Definitely look good on the car.

dkc5205 04-23-2009 04:15 PM

I ordered CGM stripes on my RJT, that should look good don't you think?

Hebe4 04-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 427912)
That is the most "got all the bases covered" comment I have ever read on this site......:iono:

Not really, Gloss=65-90 units, Semi-gloss=30-65 units. Flat is way down to 5 units or less. Then you have the satins and mattes......
I used to work in a test lab and have tested many paints and vinyls with a gloss meter.
While I have not seen the black stripes in person, I can't say for sure...just a hunch.

mlee 04-23-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZbob (Post 427924)
I just cancelled my stripes after talking to the local paint shop. I am going to have them painted on.....gloss black

I'm thinking an uninstalled set would be a great template for the body shop.

Jamie Mac 04-23-2009 04:27 PM

Holy crap why are you doing this to me GM???????? I also figured they were glossy. Was disappointed to find out they were stickers to begin with but it went through. Now I have to decide to I allow it or paint them on. Somebody get an IOM ASAP with flat black stripes and post pictures PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scott I hope somebody up there is listening before mine gets built ans shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!