Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2008 Chevy Malibu revealed on accident! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420)

JustinZS 12-19-2006 01:03 AM

2008 Chevy Malibu revealed on accident!

1 Attachment(s)
Detroit Auto Show website unveilged the 2008 Chevy Malibu on accident hah!

"Apparently the folks running the 2007 North American International Auto Show website got a little confused this afternoon. They published the exact same info every other automotive news site did that was supposed to accompany a teaser shot of the 2008 Chevy Malibu's front end. Unfortunately for them, however, they published a shot of the whole car, which allows us to unceremoniously introduce to you the new mid-size sedan from Chevy that was supposed to knock our socks off in Detroit next month."

Here's the pic they accidentally posted

KILLER74Z28 12-19-2006 03:20 AM

From what I can see I think it looks good. Way to go GM...

Moose 12-19-2006 09:22 AM

I like it!!! :thumbsup:

Shasho423 12-26-2006 10:26 AM

It looks a heck of a lot like a Scion tC or an Acura TL.

Both good lookin' cars though, so I don't mind.

Dave McFly 01-08-2007 12:22 AM

I am sorry, that is NOT a malibu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rpicredone.jpg

THAT is a malibu, my 1980 V8 full frame (no unibody) coupe. the second to last year they offered the malibu in a 2 door configuration. this was my car in high school, the pic was taken after a 8 month restoration. the car is painted 78 silver anniversary corvette silver metallic. I miss that car :cry:, next to my 88 Camaro is the ONLY other car I would want one back in my driveway again.

Shasho423 01-10-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McFly (Post 4455)
I am sorry, that is NOT a malibu

THAT is a malibu, my 1980 V8 full frame (no unibody) coupe. the second to last year they offered the malibu in a 2 door configuration. this was my car in high school, the pic was taken after a 8 month restoration. the car is painted 78 silver anniversary corvette silver metallic. I miss that car :cry:, next to my 88 Camaro is the ONLY other car I would want one back in my driveway again.

Hahaha... agreed, my friend! I put a 383 in an '81 wagon a couple years ago. I miss that car almost as much as my 91 camaro. My '01 Malibu's pretty good to me, but it's just not the same. =(

TAG UR IT 01-10-2007 01:16 AM

It almost looks similar to an Acura. My opinion, way to go GM. I personally love the look. Stop w/ the bland regular old mid-size family car/rental car look and give it some pizazz to make it look a little more luxury like. Good job.

Shasho423 01-10-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 4571)
It almost looks similar to an Acura. My opinion, way to go GM. I personally love the look. Stop w/ the bland regular old mid-size family car/rental car look and give it some pizazz to make it look a little more luxury like. Good job.

They're definitely taking it in a better direction than they have been (I hate the '04 to present styling), but yeah... it's a definite improvement. I guess some of us are just wishing more cars would look to their roots in styling.

TAG UR IT 01-10-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasho423 (Post 4574)
They're definitely taking it in a better direction than they have been (I hate the '04 to present styling), but yeah... it's a definite improvement. I guess some of us are just wishing more cars would look to their roots in styling.

Hey, I can understand 100% on that one!!! Try GTO...

Again, I like the car...but don't feel they should have given it that name plate. :thumbdown: No offense to you GTO owners. You know I like'em.