Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Disciple looking for input (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204223)

Mr. Wyndham 02-21-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro99 (Post 4519960)
The price of the 2lt with no added options except lets say 2.5k for a track package would only be 1k less than a 1SS. hmm.. Still dont get it, but hey I dont get alot of things lol.. :yikes:

a 2LT would be compared with a 2SS. Which is more like 4500 difference. Or else if this particular buyer didn't care for gadgetry...he/she would be looking at a 1LT with this hypothetical "track" trim level....which, again, would be $4000 cheaper.

You need to forget about the mystical draw of the "V8"...it's a real factor for you and me...but not for others. This is about numbers on paper, the feel in the seat, gadgets & $$$

RoachDad 02-21-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro99 (Post 4519960)
The price of the 2lt with no added options except lets say 2.5k for a track package would only be 1k less than a 1SS. hmm.. Still dont get it, but hey I dont get alot of things lol.. :yikes:

Maro99, I was not buying the cost factor. I did not know for a fact because I never considered the V6 so I did not know what the cost diff. was. But I knew good and well that a 5th Gen Camaro was not cheap no matter which one you got.

However, I get people wanting a lighter version to do the twisty thing. I have no idea how much difference there is but maybe it makes sense. Don't know cause I just want to do a hundred in 3rd :thumbsup:

HumanWiki 02-21-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4519996)
You need to forget about the mystical draw of the "V8"...it's a real factor for you and me...but not for others. This is about numbers on paper, the feel in the seat, gadgets & $$$

Then a Camaro is not the car those people should be looking at. This is a Camaro. It's not a BMW. It's not a MerBenz. It's not a Hyundai. It's not a Scion.. It's not supposed to be hip, trendy, a rolling computer, a sound machine, a light machine, etc.. It's a performance coupe..

I'm not demanding that Scion turn an xB in to a 1/4 brawler and I expect that crowd not to turn our Camaro in to a tech tuner.

bandier 02-21-2012 04:20 PM

Twin turbo V6!

90503 02-21-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 4520019)
Then a Camaro is not the car those people should be looking at. This is a Camaro. It's not a BMW. It's not a MerBenz. It's not a Hyundai. It's not a Scion.. It's not supposed to be hip, trendy, a rolling computer, a sound machine, a light machine, etc.. It's a performance coupe..

I'm not demanding that Scion turn an xB in to a 1/4 brawler and I expect that crowd not to turn our Camaro in to a tech tuner.

Thank you.

(But unfortunately, with what so-called "Camaro Enthusiasts" are demanding, its a losing battle...and in the end will be just another watered-down soccer mom/yuppie-mobile)

BLACKCAMARO2SS 02-21-2012 04:47 PM

BETTER PAINT!!!!!:(:(

BRING BACK ABM COLOR

Maro99 02-21-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandier (Post 4520043)
Twin turbo V6!

:sm0: Right on schedule..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4519996)
a 2LT would be compared with a 2SS. Which is more like 4500 difference. Or else if this particular buyer didn't care for gadgetry...he/she would be looking at a 1LT with this hypothetical "track" trim level....which, again, would be $4000 cheaper.

I never really thought about the V8 having a mythical draw. Its just the performance driven model of the Camaro. If the SS was a twin turbo v6 pushing 425 HP I would be just as happy with it although there wouldnt be as many aftermarket mod options. IMO if someone is interested in high performance they should go with the "high performance model" (which in this case is the SS) rather than making something that was not supposed to be the "high performance model" into one. Anyway, you know what they say about opinions, and that is just mine. I didnt mean to take the thread off topic was just curious about all the posts asking for high performance packages for the V6.

Mr. Wyndham 02-21-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 4520019)

I'd disagree. The Camaro is the hot car right now. Very trendy. Very hip. Exceptionally technologically advanced, and beautifully "mod-able". I'd caution you against restricting the Camaro to a definition that is out-dated.

It was born to be a companion/friend to its owner. A FUN car. Buyers' definition of fun has changed dramatically in the past few decades. I don't think the performance part of the equation has lost any clout -- but there's a heck of a lot more to it, now.

It's still a Camaro. Just as a Silverado crew-cab with bagillion-zone climate control is still a truck. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 4520099)
Thank you.

(But unfortunately, with what so-called "Camaro Enthusiasts" are demanding, its a losing battle...and in the end will be just another watered-down soccer mom/yuppie-mobile)

Not sure if you're referring to me...I want the Camaro to survive going forward into the future. Unfortunately it's the market that's demanding these gizmo's...I'm willing to embrace that so the Camaro doesn't disappear, again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro99 (Post 4520192)
I never really thought about the V8 having a mythical draw. Its just the performance driven model of the Camaro. If the SS was a twin turbo v6 pushing 425 HP I would be just as happy with it although there wouldnt be as many aftermarket mod options. IMO if someone is interested in high performance they should go with the "high performance model" (which in this case is the SS) rather than making something that was not supposed to be the "high performance model" into one. Anyway, you know what they say about opinions, and that is just mine. I didnt mean to take the thread off topic was just curious about all the posts asking for high performance packages for the V6.

The Camaro V6 took that portion of the segment to brand new heights. It could be argued that the LT Camaro killed that old stigma about a "V6 pony car", and replaced it with a sporty one, instead. This proposal would support that change.

If the market demands (and would support) a handling/performance package as the other cars it competes against do...I'm all for it. It's certainly not taking anything away from the upper-level Camaros. :thumbsup:

But you're right -- we're off-topic. And here I was supposed to be keeping things on track. I'm sorry! :facepalm:

Back to suggestions, then!! :chevy:

GroundhogSS 02-21-2012 05:17 PM

All the mention about memory seats got me thinking. When my wife got an '02 Trailblazer, the two key remotes not only controlled the seat location, but it would also remember the setting on the outside mirrors and which FM band and radio station each key was last set to (or CD). Her '08 Envoy doesn't have this, and it's a Denali. I would like something like that, since I'm 6 feet and she's 5'2. Plus, she turns on country and I like rock. :laugh:

I like the mail slot, or maybe some vents like on the Leno concept, plus the functional air slots for the rear brakes.

Maro99 02-21-2012 05:41 PM

Back on topic.. ;)

One thing im sure we would all like to see is the jay leno bumper, hood, and ground effects being an option. Im sure they would sell like hot cakes and would be alot better than the current transformer package. I have seen tons of threads about people wanting that exact look. Real brake ducts like on the Leno Camaro would also be a welcome addition.

GLBL WMR 02-21-2012 05:44 PM

Thank you for listening. Exercises like this is what made the 5th gen so epic.

1. In-dash navigation option.

2. Better sound system option.

3. Keep the overall aggressive look (shoulders, chop, width/height ratio, etc.)

4. Gas door release on inside

5. Manual that prevents you from downshifting into a gear that will put you over redline. I am baffled by this. CAGS will prevent me from going 1-2, but there's nothing to protect me from accidentally going back into first after I've wound out second gear? I caught myself doing exactly this once, thankfully my left foot is quick. The lack of such a feature and such a close-gated 6 speed is a problem.

6. Push button start.

7. Rear gear options (3.73s would be nice)

8. The quality of the paint must be addressed. This is my only material complaint with my car. The number of chips on my gills and front end are extraordinary. Aside from better paint and prep work, consider comprehensive solutions that include factory 3M film options.

7. Lowering the weight needs to be higher on the priority list. This is an old complaint, but it is so fundamental in so many ways. I understand safety and everything that drives it up, but I know the engineers can do SOMETHING to improve this.

8. A big displacement V8 needs to exist, at least as an option.

Keep the spirit of the current car.. do that and you're 90% there.

Out4it 02-21-2012 06:37 PM

Better nav system. Better brakes for the V6. Why not use the same suspension as the ss'? More limited edition colors!! Should offer at least 2 limited edition colors every year. Also a bit more color to the interiors.

2SS BUMBLBE 02-21-2012 06:43 PM

Nav system (OnStar does not count) and a radio display that is from this century.
Factory tinted windows.
AFM/DOD delete (or at least opt out with a button).
More aggressive factory exhaust.
Stronger/more durable paint.
Back up camera.

RECOUPED 02-21-2012 06:57 PM

What the Z/28 should be

I think the next Z/28 should be on the new smaller platform with the Jay L Leno version Twin Turbo 6.