Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Disciple looking for input (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204223)

myold88 02-25-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZTop-leSS (Post 4542539)
Well, I haven't had a whole lot of drive time in mine since I just bought it in December and I'm waiting for nicer weather. I do have a couple suggestions that come to my mind:

While I like the styling of the wheels offered, perhaps the "boat-anchor" weight of them could be reduced a little?

Definitely could lose the weight from the gigantic, quiet mufflers. Why has Chevy always been behind when it comes to exhaust tone? I definitely don't like much about the Mustang, but if I could take one thing from it, it would be the exhaust tone. A slightly louder and throatier sound would be awesome!

Paint quality could use an improvement.

Chevrolet hasn't always been behind with their exhaust, The Corvette String Ray in the mid 60's
offered an inexpensive "off road Exhaust option". For about $20.00 as I remember.
This was not the side exhaust, but an awsome street legal mean sounding exhaust.
Some State laws my make that impossable now though.

JAD 02-26-2012 09:25 PM

First and formost, LOVE my 2012 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro. Color is kick ass. Suggestions for next generation:
Navigation
Move cup holders- useless in location
Colored lightening inside standard
Better glove box
better door compartment
Sun glasses- hidden holder
heated steering wheel
Drop the gold bow's go with RED or Black
mud/chip flaps
BETTER sound Go with BOSE
upgraded mats with logos
push button start
upgraded floor petals

Thanks for listening, GO CHEVY!

doubletap407 02-26-2012 10:23 PM

1. A smaller V-8 ( 5.3 ) . Why only 1 V-8 ?
2. A brilliant metallic blue
3. fog lights ( not just drl's )

Thank you !

CH 02-27-2012 02:54 PM

The sun shade to have extensions so it actually blocks the sun, lights for the mirrors on the sunshades, the passenger seat to have option to raise higher, and the driver seat to have memory settings, settings for driver 1 and 2.
Regardless still loving my Camaro!

jmatero 02-27-2012 05:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Biggest observations from a 2011 Mustang owner currently shopping for a Camaro:

1. Please... PLEASE do something with the parking brake. The handle itself and the trim around it look and feel TERRIBLE. It's the last thing you touch when you leave the car and before you drive away. It's also too long and requires full-erect to hold the car, even when new. See the current Mustang for a great example: short, engages securely in a just few clicks, leather handle and boot.

2. Please do something to improve the sound of the doors when they are closed. I don't know if it's the latch, or the door panel rattling, but it doesn't sound quality at all. It sounds like a collection of loose parts.

3. Please redesign the top of the door panels so we can comfortably rest our arms when windows are opened. The current design is pointed at the top and doesn't meet the lowered window line. Also, the tops of the door panels move back and forth a good 1/2 inch with the slightest touch as if they aren't secured to the doors.

4. Please redesign the auto and manual shift knobs. They are just too big and don't feel good in the hand. They are so oversized they make a driver feel "small". They simply aren't comfortable to handle. (The ZL1 manual knob appears to be greatly improved). On that note, the knobs on manuals without the Hurst option all wobble and twist in your hand. Why can't they be more firmly secured?

5. Blind Spot Indicators in the mirrors were added to the CTS Coupe this year and they could be EASILY added to the Camaro.

6. The rear parking sensors should have cross-path detection. This would help greatly when backing out of parking spaces. The biggest issue with visibility in the Camaro is backing out of parking spaces and not being able to see if a car is approaching.

7. The "sound" of the V8 in the Camaro isn't as "awesome" as both the Challenger and Mustang. Right out of the box, those cars are music to the ears. The same V8 sounds great in the Corvette. Why not the Camaro?

8. Move to a push-button start and keyless access. The Cruze has it and shares door handles with the Camaro. The main advantage, honestly, is that the low location of the ignition switch has attached keys touching the drivers right leg constantly.

9. The visors are terrible. Plain and simple. Even the latch that holds them in place looks as if it is going to break off.

10. Please add a texture to the ignition switch like Mustang. The scratches can be easily seen by the driver and passenger and look terrible. (See Mustang)

11. The Paint. Have yet to find a Camaro on the lot that doesn't have paint drips hanging above the tail lights from the fender and trunk edge
(See below)

These are all minor adjustments that would move this car towards a more quality feel.

29er 02-29-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatero (Post 4553135)
Biggest observations from a 2011 Mustang owner currently shopping for a Camaro:

1. Please... PLEASE do something with the parking brake. The handle itself and the trim around it look and feel TERRIBLE. It's the last thing you touch when you leave the car and before you drive away. It's also too long and requires full-erect to hold the car, even when new. See the current Mustang for a great example: short, engages securely in a just few clicks, leather handle and boot.

2. Please do something to improve the sound of the doors when they are closed. I don't know if it's the latch, or the door panel rattling, but it doesn't sound quality at all. It sounds like a collection of loose parts.

3. Please redesign the top of the door panels so we can comfortably rest our arms when windows are opened. The current design is pointed at the top and doesn't meet the lowered window line. Also, the tops of the door panels move back and forth a good 1/2 inch with the slightest touch as if they aren't secured to the doors.

4. Please redesign the auto and manual shift knobs. They are just too big and don't feel good in the hand. They are so oversized they make a driver feel "small". They simply aren't comfortable to handle. (The ZL1 manual knob appears to be greatly improved). On that note, the knobs on manuals without the Hurst option all wobble and twist in your hand. Why can't they be more firmly secured?

5. Blind Spot Indicators in the mirrors were added to the CTS Coupe this year and they could be EASILY added to the Camaro.

6. The rear parking sensors should have cross-path detection. This would help greatly when backing out of parking spaces. The biggest issue with visibility in the Camaro is backing out of parking spaces and not being able to see if a car is approaching.

7. The "sound" of the V8 in the Camaro isn't as "awesome" as both the Challenger and Mustang. Right out of the box, those cars are music to the ears. The same V8 sounds great in the Corvette. Why not the Camaro?

8. Move to a push-button start and keyless access. The Cruze has it and shares door handles with the Camaro. The main advantage, honestly, is that the low location of the ignition switch has attached keys touching the drivers right leg constantly.

9. The visors are terrible. Plain and simple. Even the latch that holds them in place looks as if it is going to break off.

10. Please add a texture to the ignition switch like Mustang. The scratches can be easily seen by the driver and passenger and look terrible. (See Mustang)

11. The Paint. Have yet to find a Camaro on the lot that doesn't have paint drips hanging above the tail lights from the fender and trunk edge
(See below)

These are all minor adjustments that would move this car towards a more quality feel.

+1 for the hand brake it's awful looking so cheap in plastic put some leather make a decent handle with it.

no chrome on rear taillight

better seat,recaro optional

heated also.

better brakes/more powerful

i hate the gold chevy bowtie.

put back the camaro in center steering.

some padding for the elbows on the door panels.

naviguation should be optional i don't want to pay for this+ people always drive the same route everyday why do they need this???

headup display also optional another thing that's useless and distracting.

better quality material/texture for all the interior. cabin+seats

interior colors like red,cigar tan, look at the 370z

distinctive exterior colors.
green synergyor anything that pops. -was nice why it's gone?-
blue -carlisle blue from the vette-

Thank you

Ozzie RS 02-29-2012 10:12 PM

Z28. Many GMPP options, with warranty intact. Twin Turbo for the V6. Get rid of the mail slot on V8. Selectable interior colored lighting, gauges, foot well, etc. More over all light inside the cabin. Larger sun visors. Interior release for the fuel door. Seat options, Recaro would be my choice. Performance packages for the 2LT & the 2SS, maybe call it a 2LR & 2SR package, go down a list of GMPP aftermarket options and check off al carte type build. I know I'm dreaming now.

Thanks for listening janet.

greenrail 03-01-2012 10:09 AM

I know this may be a dead horse, But doggone it. If they can do ABL across the dash like the Enclave, they should do it as intended when the original Camaro Concept car came out. This was the largest dissappointment when I bought my Rosie.

Take a look what is on GM Inside showing the Enclave ****pit for the next model coming up.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...teased-109186/

SS_MUSCLE 03-01-2012 12:24 PM

Ok here is my .02

First and foremost the powertarin warranty policy with regards to modifications. I want to start off by saying that I realize that the powertrain has its limitations in stock form and you can't expect to push 700+ HP to the stock drivetrain without risk of failure. I would never expect that type of failure to be covered. However simple bot-ons like long tube headers, CAI's, ported throttle bodies, intakes, etc have been known to void the powertrain warranty. These types of modifications are not the type that cause those types of failures. We payed good money for a performance vehicle and with a performance vehicle comes the disire to get more out of it. I think that there should be certain allowances within the warranty guidelines to that we the customer can do these basic types of modifications without fear of loosing our warranty. Which brings me to my second concern, the clutch on the SS. I know this is an OLD complaint but still worth bringing up in my oppinion. We need a better cluch system. Maybe like the ZR1 Corvette setup. I would even go as far as saying that I would gladly pay to have one put in at my cost, but then again we get into warranty issues there so its a rock and a hard place situation.

LOWDOWN 03-01-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatero (Post 4553135)

This time of year in Oshawa, those aren't paint runs, they're icicles! :thumbsup: :laugh:

KMPrenger 03-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallysport (Post 4535831)
How hard would it really be to make a decent bright metallic blue color option? Seriously. It is ridiculous that the Camaro has no blue metallic option of this type..even if it was a limited edition, retro-type color, or extra cost option...come on, GM, get with the freaking program already! ABM was not the answer...it looked dirty and dark without direct sunlight. It was an off-the shelf shade previously used on other GM vehicles that someone decided would work. It did not. Do I need to come to the art and color department and literally DRAW A PICTURE???!:facepalm:

Today it is sunny out and I have to say I just can't get over how damn good my ABM looks. I've had this car since 2009 and it still gets me...I HAVE to turn around and look at it when I walk away. People love the color.

But I will say, on a cloudy day it does look a bit "blah" ...tealish, and if it wasn't for the completely magnificent color on display on nicer days I probably wouldn't have ended up with it, but now I feel like I can never part with it.

A nice rich silver flake metallic blue that still looks blue even in dim light but pops like the ABM does in the sun would be utterly amazing. The old Stryker blue on the Pontiac G8 comes to mine, although I'm not sure if that was metallic or not.

blackswan 03-02-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan (Post 4517324)
Would love a rear seat "punch thru" for skis, etc., perhaps combined with cup holders.

How about some more (any!) cup holders for the rear :)

USB port facing rear

USB port outside of center box for front

Rear parking sensor has a blind spot when something is low and just off to the side.

Ability to fold down rear seat from inside trunk

Heated rear seats

OR SPLIT FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS.

MustangKiller 03-02-2012 11:23 PM

Camaro back on the steering wheel like the 10 an 11's or the red an blue camaro badges it really needs its own like the one on the 45th's steering wheel somewhere on the outside of the car maybe on the front quarter panels under camaro and a bigger stereo system yes louder im going def from the one i currently have

MustangKiller 03-02-2012 11:34 PM

sorry too double post an i didnt read through all the ideas everyone has and i know u said dont post anything from the forums BUT you have got too do something with this paint its crap and anyone im sure will agree. I have never in my life and as many paint chips on a vehicle!!!! i dont mean to be rude or anything just figured id bring it too your attention and ty for all your hard work