Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Disciple looking for input (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204223)

Janet 02-20-2012 12:59 PM

Camaro Disciple looking for input

The Camaro Disciples will be meeting in a few weeks & I would like your input.

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet

ShnOmac 02-20-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 4513016)

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet

Z/28

;)

blazzin1 02-20-2012 01:03 PM

A street-legal version of the COPO!!! That's what I would like to see! The original COPO's were street-legal, why not this one? Who the heck can afford to buy a track only car?!?!?

90503 02-20-2012 01:04 PM

An aftermarket supercharger that doesn't void the warranty...

jesserayjames 02-20-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 4513033)
A street-legal version of the COPO!!! That's what I would like to see! The original COPO's were street-legal, why not this one? Who the heck can afford to buy a track only car?!?!?

X's Two.............................................. :thumbsup:

Also, they should adapt the look of MPD1 rear exhaust panel, really makes the car look like it should.......... JMHO............. JRJ :thumbsup:

90503 02-20-2012 01:09 PM

Old school cragar wheels...

Rangore 02-20-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Janet

Is this an ask of how to improve the Camaro for future production?

ctk1 02-20-2012 01:10 PM

More affordably priced wheel options. 5K for the 21"s is a bit much.

TheHorse13 02-20-2012 01:12 PM

1) Get rid of that horrible mail slot on the SS model.
2) Make badging improvements. The current ones are horrible. Look at the gen 1 Camaros for design cues.

Fightinfire921 02-20-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 4513030)
Z/28

;)

:word:
:whatz28:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHorse13 (Post 4513077)
Get rid of that horrible mail slot on the SS model.

:word:

Wakemaker89 02-20-2012 01:17 PM

Old style gills behind the front wheels like on 60's vettes!

Russell James 02-20-2012 01:18 PM

Sun visors that block the sun, front and full length side. Should slide out and extend full length of the side window. Just like an Equinox or C/K.

Harmon Kardon or similar top quality sound system.

V8 auto trans with no AFM.

Keep the retro theme going, make it even more like a '69 Z28.... hideaway headlights, hounds tooth,

A little smaller, a little lighter.... but a hair more side window height, less roof chop. This will make using an ATM possible, and still look like a '69 Z.

Factory tint on the rear windows.

A couple real sweet blues like IBM and ABM.

Fascia suppliers that can match the front fascia to body color perfectly or have the plant paint the whole car. 2 cars in row for me, front fascias not even close to matching the body color. Yes, an old issue, but unless addressed will be a new issue.

Dirt nib free paint.

fourmz 02-20-2012 01:19 PM

Mail slot delete for SS.hash mark stripe option.

Darth_Emma 02-20-2012 01:21 PM

The SS Camaros should come with a "sport suspension" option that includes solid subframe bushings, a lower stance (drop springs), beefier sway bars, and stronger trailing arms.

It should be possible to turn off AFM on the automatic cars and skip shift on the manual cars.

Nav system option.

HumanWiki 02-20-2012 01:22 PM

All my thoughts and additions are old or listed above...

but.. I will reiterate this one..

Lighter, lighter, lighter, lighter......... please... make it lighter...

oh.. and... ditch the 20s for something more useful.. maybe 18s that don't look out of place.

JoshBobGuptaMarley 02-20-2012 01:24 PM

T2-T3 ports should be standard. Make a deal with alpine to offer their nav as a factory upgrade. Same suspension should be on all models. I'm calling for the FE4 suspension across all models. It would be nice to see a bare bones SS made strictly in the name of weight loss and performance.

meissen 02-20-2012 01:24 PM

Lighter is going to be off the table until the 6th generation / Alpha.

I like the comments above about full length sunvisor, factory rear tinted windows... those are things that are easy and cost effective. More improvements to the DIC - theoretically if the DIC is tied into the same electrical system as all the sensors, with the right programming it could display all the items to make it compete with that news a little while back about the Ford Mustang being able to see a ton of diagnostic info in its DIC.

For the love of god, though, do not make the T2-T3 standard as said above... :yuck:

HumanWiki 02-20-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 4513161)
Lighter is going to be off the table until the 6th generation / Alpha.

I'm not expecting that this gathering is for any serious changes to the 5th gen.

meissen 02-20-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 4513168)
I'm not expecting that this gathering is for any serious changes to the 5th gen.

Touche - now would be good time for alpha discussions.

HumanWiki 02-20-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 4513173)
Touche - now would be good time for alpha discussions.

:respekt:

InfernoOrangeSS 02-20-2012 01:31 PM

Option to have the LS3 on the automatics.

:iono:

TBone 02-20-2012 01:34 PM

Sport seats. Like a recaro option.

T.

Russell James 02-20-2012 01:36 PM

A sweet candy apple red 50th anniv edition. Similar to the Vette's 50th.

RubyCamaro 02-20-2012 01:37 PM

A real navigation system & improved infotainment center (ala Metra).

meissen 02-20-2012 01:40 PM

Cadillac User Experience integrated into the Camaro.

Janet 02-20-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangore (Post 4513060)
Is this an ask of how to improve the Camaro for future production?

Yes, that is part of what we do.

Janet

NoSyT 02-20-2012 01:44 PM

Why don't we ahve a V6 performance package similar to the "Mayhem" performance package for the V6 Mustang? Their package includes:

• 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
• Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
• Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
• Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
• Unique 19-inch wheels
• Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
• Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
• Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
• Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
• Unique badging

In my Camaro V6 performance package, I personally start with:

1. Better brake calipers and disks. The SS Brakes look so much better. They don't need to be as big, but they don't need to look like they are from a Civic either.
2. A 3.55 or 3.73 gear available for our V6? V6 guys like performance too. If our SS brothers can beat GTs, shouldn't we be able to beat a Mustang v6?
3. A 19" wheel/tire combo that provides the grip of the 20" and looks better that the stock 19" wheels.

Thank you for your interest Janet.

motorhead 02-20-2012 01:47 PM

You already made my wishes and dreams come true when you decided to build the ZL1.

Thanks!

meissen 02-20-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSyT (Post 4513296)
Why don't we ahve a V6 performance package similar to the "Mayhem" performance package for the V6 Mustang? Their package includes:

• 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
• Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
• Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
• Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
• Unique 19-inch wheels
• Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
• Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
• Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
• Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
• Unique badging

In my Camaro V6 performance package, I personally start with:

1. Better brake calipers and disks. The SS Brakes look so much better. They don't need to be as big, but they don't need to look like they are from a Civic either.
2. A 3.55 or 3.73 gear available for our V6? V6 guys like performance too. If our SS brothers can beat GTs, shouldn't we be able to beat a Mustang v6?
3. A 19" wheel/tire combo that provides the grip of the 20" and looks better that the stock 19" wheels.

Thank you for your interest Janet.

If they did come out with the 1LE package for v6 and v8, that would cover it. Just a thought.

mlee 02-20-2012 01:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's pretty much a given that a Blue color has to surface again...

Jetstream Blue gets my vote..

and the OPTION to add Navigation like the Vette's

Powhusku 02-20-2012 01:56 PM

1LE package that can be installed on previous Camaros (2010-2012). I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Maybe a way to change the interior lighting color (HUD, Radio, Guages, Screens, Door Light Tubes), similar to what they had in previous mustangs (not sure if they had that option on the american version). If these are old subjects, then please disreguard:D

pyr0b0y 02-20-2012 02:03 PM

NAVIGATION! I don't like OnStar directions!!

fbodfather 02-20-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 4513030)
Z/28

;)

:whatz28: .................... :whatz28:

WHAT Z28?????

........................:whatz28:

:whatz28: ....................... :whatz28:

................... :whatz28: .......... :whatz28:

............................. :whatz28:

:whatz28: ............ :whatz28:

:whatz28: .................. :whatz28:

:whatz28:

Mr. Wyndham 02-20-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Janet

Janet, thanks for seeking input!! This is a prime example of why I'm very proud to be a Camaro enthusiast.

They can do whatever they want, as far as I'm concerned as long as it stays a CAMARO in spirit. The micro-managing of how they get there is up to the designers and engineers. :)

I'm humbled to provide my wishes, however:

In terms of design -- the 5th gen rolls around with one of the strongest presences on the road, easy. Please don't lose that!! Compromises that some people complain about like the rear-visibility or the "tank-like" windows....these are the things that make the car GREAT, imo. They remind you of the kind of car you're driving...it's not a boring A-B mobile. And frankly....it's not suffering in sales much, now is it? So these characteristics are things worth keeping, imo.

I love the deep shoulders out back, the quad taillights, halo headlights, and bold fascia, too. (No other car save Aston Martin has rear body panels like that. So striking!!)

Mechanicals? It's a Camaro -- so I'd like to see the team do what they can to keep the V8 as affordable as possible...however, I'd also like to see them try and appeal to a wider audience with a T4 base engine, or what have you.

Chevy revealed a 2+2 compact RWD coupe at 2012 NAIAS; Code 130R. I think team Camaro can cater the base model Camaro to appeal to the niche market that concept car would appeal to. Thus strengthening the Camaro's viability within the brand. :)

That said...Let's keep the mid and high-performing models alive and well. Supercar performance on a budget. ;)

Thanks again, Janet -- and ALL the disciples!! :clap:

Phantom.5SS 02-20-2012 02:06 PM

Vette Nav is a real pleaser......even a central command touch screen for the basic functions similar to whats offered after market now by Metra and others.

A new Blue (Lemans Blue or Marina Bay Blue), a retro GOLD or Champagne, and some more wheel options.

Some interior color options...like White or Tan (full Tan not combined with black) or Blue!

LS3 on the auto with Corvette/ ZL-1 variable exhaust.

Janet 02-20-2012 02:07 PM

Thanks everyone, great input. I've noted everything & will present to the Camaro Team. They never stop improving the Camaro and always want your input. I'll continue to add from this thread.

Janet

fbodfather 02-20-2012 02:09 PM

OK - just between us 'camaro comrades' -

Here's a picture of me with a BRAND NEW Z28 - first year of the Generation..........

wait for it.........

http://photos.imageevent.com/fbodfat...uckscounty.png

30 years ago.....

..........and 95 less pounds ago.........

...............and a whole lot more hair ago........

My second "CTF" of the 3rd Generation.....

Phantom.5SS 02-20-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 4513406)
Thanks everyone, great input. I've noted everything & will present to the Camaro Team. They never stop improving the Camaro and always want your input. I'll continue to add from this thread.

Janet

Thank YOU all for actually taking the time to hear our wants and wishes...
Its why I continue to buy Chevys...especially CAMAROS!

OMG F-Bod...we could have been twins LOL!!

motorhead 02-20-2012 02:13 PM

If there was one thing, it would be more interior color choices like all red or all white. Not just accents of color but the entire interior like the good old days. Black, Grey and Tan is getting old.

fbodfather 02-20-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 4513406)

Janet

All - Miss Janet is one of our "12 Disciples of which there are 15" -- she's our "Voice of Corvette" - but has a brand new ZL1 sitting at Oshawa -

The intent of having Disciples is to gather information from the enthusiast community. Each Disciple is known within the community - either as a Webmaster, a Moderator, a Club officer, etc. They're 'out and about' and this is one reason they were selected.

8 men, 7 women -

From around the U.S. and Canada -

All generations of Camaro represented

Firebirds represented

All age groups

-- and I could not be prouder of our Disciples - they are extremely dedicated and represent you very well.