Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   V6 Owners Is it just me? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163410)

Ir0nM4n 08-06-2011 10:14 AM

V6 Owners Is it just me?

Is it me or does this really happen. Most the negative comments come from people who own an SS. What is there deal here. They leave negative or flamming comments in a V6 Bolt on Post. Why do they waste our and there time in doing so? Do the moderators really care about this?

Maybe I should take a week off from reading this forum. I appologize in advance for posting this in the bolt on forum. I just dont think the general populas would get it.

PoorMansCamaro 08-06-2011 10:24 AM

you didn't post this in the bolt-on section...lol

edit: and i've pretty much learned to ignore them.

usa1camaro1969 08-06-2011 01:27 PM

And it's why so many have rolled over to the other forum where the v6 guys are all that's there.

Don't get me wrong, I love this site, I just could do without some guy acting like they know cr@p about cars because he's paid someone(whether it be GM or someone else) to build him one and his motor is bigger.

MMC 08-06-2011 01:48 PM

OK SS owner here, I wave to all Camaros and Vettes and the V6 owners never wave back, the Vette owners do. Goes both ways. :respekt::chevy:

OOLIE 08-06-2011 01:49 PM

Yeah, I think generally the mods do care, but probably impossible to prevent all together. Fortunately it is a small percentage of them, but does get old after awhile I agree.

dfield23 08-06-2011 02:12 PM

Amen Brother!!

Infernoo 08-06-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINI HLK (Post 3576816)
Is it me or does this really happen. Most the negative comments come from people who own an SS. What is there deal here. They leave negative or flamming comments in a V6 Bolt on Post. Why do they waste our and there time in doing so? Do the moderators really care about this?

Maybe I should take a week off from reading this forum. I appologize in advance for posting this in the bolt on forum. I just dont think the general populas would get it.

It's not just you that notices this. It's blatantly obvious.. Either the mods themselves are mostly SS owners as well or they just don't care. I have flamed/out-witted a few of them and it has always resulted in my posts getting deleted but of course a few of theirs are left behind to give them "the last word."

Their posts don't bother me so much (because truly, if they bought their car to just race their broke ass would not have bought a Camaro in the first place.) The way the posts are handled (or ignored) is what bothers me. But when someone like me raises a stink and gives them a taste of their own medicine that's when posts start to get deleted. All good, I try to stay away from those posts for the most part. :cool:

Infernoo 08-06-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 (Post 3577501)
.... because he's paid someone(whether it be GM or someone else) to build him one and his motor is bigger.

Has nothing to do with that, I paid about $5k more for mine than a 1SS. If I wanted an SS with some options I could have easily gotten one.

It's about common sense and reality.

Cyber Gray 08-06-2011 02:20 PM

Me too Infernoo. I paid a lot on my mods that really exceeds the price of the SS. But I never thought about it.

I love my V6 especially after trying the L99. I didnt really feel a big difference in the ride.

But hey SS guys are cool !! chill man

Ir0nM4n 08-06-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMC (Post 3577548)
OK SS owner here, I wave to all Camaros and Vettes and the V6 owners never wave back, the Vette owners do. Goes both ways. :respekt::chevy:

Its not when I am out in the public. It is this site and seeing the same SS owners being rude in posts. In public I understand not waving back, that is no real big deal.

I know I should chill and read the less offensive posts. So will do.

Cristoff 08-06-2011 02:43 PM

Just let it roll off your shoulders - it's no big deal.

You made the choices on the car, and unless they are making your payments they really have no valuable input on your decisions.

There is ALWAYS going to be someone that thinks they are superior for one reason or another. Let them waste their time telling you how lame you are, but don't waste your time sweating them.

If you had a Ferrari, someone with a Bugatti would think you are pretender. It's just the way the world works. If you let it get you down, then they win.

Ir0nM4n 08-06-2011 02:56 PM

Thanks, Cristoff

I think I need to figure out how to close this thread. I dont want all SS owners thinking I dont like them. It is the few that always post the most idiotic stuff that makes me want to ban them. I know I cant do that so I look the other way.

For some reason I posted this today. After today I am over it moving on to the greener side of life. laugh.

Infernoo 08-06-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINI HLK (Post 3577699)
Its not when I am out in the public. It is this site and seeing the same SS owners being rude in posts. In public I understand not waving back, that is no real big deal.

I know I should chill and read the less offensive posts. So will do.

In public I get plenty of respect from SS owners. Even on this site I do.. like you said, it's the few that have the "I'm better than you" attitude. Sad really.

All that matters is I love my Camaro. I bought the exact car that I wanted. Not the exact "Camaro" that I wanted, but the car that I wanted with every single option that I wanted. The car of my dreams is sitting in my driveway. No other car on this planet would make me happier than the badass Camaro I have sitting out front right now. :)

usa1camaro1969 08-06-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernoo (Post 3577657)
Has nothing to do with that, I paid about $5k more for mine than a 1SS. If I wanted an SS with some options I could have easily gotten one.

It's about common sense and reality.

It's exactly that. The posts in question are all about the "I have the v8 and the v6 isn't worthy". This car is my daily driver. If I want single-digit gas mileage I'll pull my '68 out and run around with my hair on fire. Just because it's my daily driver doesn't mean I can't play with it a little.

Okay, maybe more than a little...