Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Question about Magnaflow #16483 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73392)

Merlinnnn 03-26-2010 05:26 PM

Question about Magnaflow #16483

I just installed the Flowmaster 3" catback yesterday and it sounds good on the outside but just has too much resonance for me so I am selling it and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how the Magnaflow #16483 might compare as far as noise levels or resonance/drone? I have listened to sound clips of course, but there is nothing like first-hand knowledge. My car is bone stock down to the paper filter right now.

Thanks

HIGHOCTANE 03-26-2010 05:56 PM

Just put the 16483 on last week...the only drone I get is when accelerating at very low RPMs...ie 50mph in 5th or 6th..nice and quite cruising...give it a little gas and you get a little drone..normal driving I get none...I love mine.

Merlinnnn 03-26-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE (Post 1640150)
Just put the 16483 on last week...the only drone I get is when accelerating at very low RPMs...ie 50mph in 5th or 6th..nice and quite cruising...give it a little gas and you get a little drone..normal driving I get none...I love mine.

Thanks for the reply - you have any experience with Flowmaster and whether the Magnaflow would have less drone than a typical 40 series Flowmaster muffler? Sorry, I have just never had a Magnaflow system or even heard one in person that I know of for that matter.

bpoirier 03-26-2010 09:24 PM

I would go see Andy up at ADM Performance in Lewisville, TX. He sold me my 16483 magnaflow exhaust and from talking to him he installs this system alot. I love mine. It sounds great (deep throaty tone) and I don't have any complaints about drone. I have a friend with a flowmaster setup on his vette and it is way too loud for me. The drone with his exhaust is unbearable.

Icntdrv55 03-26-2010 09:28 PM

I have the flowmaster super 40's with the magnaflow Xpipe and I love the sound of it. Not much drown at all!

camaro4mybday 03-26-2010 09:28 PM

i only install magnaflows on the cars i build or do exhaust systems on, i refer to them as the gentlemans muffler, its clean and nice sounding on idle but when you go wot they sound like a beast, and at cruseing you hear them just enough to know the're there. i havent heard them on a 2010 camaro but from mild to wild on the other cars and trucks i have put them on, everyone loves them MAGNAFLOW all the way

HIGHOCTANE 03-27-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 1640529)
Thanks for the reply - you have any experience with Flowmaster and whether the Magnaflow would have less drone than a typical 40 series Flowmaster muffler? Sorry, I have just never had a Magnaflow system or even heard one in person that I know of for that matter.

My experience with "Flows" are on Mustangs...the Magnaflow system doesn't drone anything like 40 series Flows. The drone is basically non-existent.

Merlinnnn 03-27-2010 10:04 AM

Thanks for all the replies - I guess I am getting old because I never used to be as picky about the sound on the inside.

themossman 03-27-2010 10:18 AM

I had a little drone when I initially installed the MagnaFlows...but either I've stopped noticing it or they've quieted down a bit...it's likely a bit of both...

There's more info and install pics in my build thread...I'm too lazy to type it all out again...

BUMBLEB 03-27-2010 01:17 PM

Go with the magnaflow absolutly the best:)