Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 01-17-2010 10:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK OK OK...

:laugh:

Somehow I gotta get this back on track.... ;)

I'm thinking I'm almost certain that these will probably most likely be the wheels with the best chance of possibly being the ones I may choose.... Per se.....

:facepalm:

I think........ :help:

Mr Twisty 01-18-2010 08:11 AM

Looks good :thumbsup:

Number 3 01-18-2010 10:47 AM

I vote no. Stock wheels look better than those, IMO...............for whatever that is worth.

I like the CCW SP18 wheel you showed a few pages back.

But heyyyyyyy, it's your car. You do whatever you want.:rolleyes:

Actually other than the teddy bear wheels....................I'm not sure you can go wrong.

CamaroSpike23 01-18-2010 12:54 PM

I'm with N3 on this. the "twisted" look around the center of the wheel just doesnt look good IMO.

GTAHVIT 01-18-2010 01:09 PM

That is exactly why I like it.... different than the traditional 5 spoke..... I gues there is a reason why 5 spokes are so popular...

Tom Henry Racing 01-18-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1392097)
That is exactly why I like it.... different than the traditional 5 spoke..... I gues there is a reason why 5 spokes are so popular...

I don't like the twisted either, the straight looks more traditional, but thats why there is so many flavors of ice cream.

Number 3 01-18-2010 02:48 PM

Wait....what.......many flavors of ice cream? I thought there was chocolate chip cookie dough and like one other flavor......... Well maybe three, chocolate, vanilla and one other I can't remember.

The thing I don't like about non symetrical wheels is they can look drastically different on one side than the other.

But I think that is just me. I have never heard anyone else complain

CamaroSpike23 01-18-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1392097)

who said I like 5 spokes? ;) check ur pm's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1392274)
I don't like the twisted either, the straight looks more traditional, but thats why there is so many flavors of ice cream.

full bullet blank wheels!!! like knight rider!!! (the mustang one...lmao)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1392375)
Wait....what.......many flavors of ice cream? I thought there was chocolate chip cookie dough and like one other flavor......... Well maybe three, chocolate, vanilla and one other I can't remember.

The thing I don't like about non symetrical wheels is they can look drastically different on one side than the other.

But I think that is just me. I have never heard anyone else complain

if they made them so they "swayed" in the same direction in relation to the car, that would be one thing. thats one thing I hated with the 4th gen "salad shooters" they'd look halfway decent on one side and like junk on the other. same goes for brake rotors and the interior air guides. more efficient on one side and less on the other. but its a lot easier and cheaper to make them all go one way in relation to each other over making a left and right set.

Tom Henry Racing 01-18-2010 03:04 PM

Well, when it gets here I will put 4 compact spares on it and solve the issue.

Number 3 01-18-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1392427)

LOL I was really looking forward to GTA getting his THR.........not do sure now

but now that I think about it that could be a pretty good delivery prank

Mr Twisty 01-19-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1392488)
LOL I was really looking forward to GTA getting his THR.........not do sure now

but now that I think about it that could be a pretty good delivery prank

Block of wood under the gas pedal is the one I like... Imagine his posts after he got it... "WTF why won't my superduper hotrod run faster than 40mph???"

Wheels are about the most personal appearance mod you can make, even tho I reallllly like the stockers, other than the weight, you'll just hafta decide what you want and tell the rest of us to sit-n-spin :D

CamaroSpike23 01-19-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1392427)

didnt think compact spares would fit over the brakes....lol

personally, I like the look of the blacked out ZR1 wheels,

altho.... as far as five spokes go... I like these

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0360_large.jpg

Mr Twisty 01-19-2010 03:05 PM

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ack_center.jpg

supercwf 01-19-2010 03:22 PM

Looking great man! keep it up!

-chris