Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   '10 Camaro SS vs. '17 Ford F250 Diesel (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510450)

deano1989 10-11-2017 02:22 PM

'10 Camaro SS vs. '17 Ford F250 Diesel

My brother just a bought a 2017 F250 diesel and was showing it off on Facebook last night (he lives in another state). I was talking to him and he said it's all stock right now but he is going to put a performance chip in it then have the truck dyno'd.

He thinks that this chip he's installing is going to get him another 200 horsepower, which would put his diesel well over 600 hp. I'm not familiar with diesel trucks but I'm very skeptical that a performance chip for any vehicle will put out 200 hp. :sm0: Anyways, he said when he's in town next time he wants to race me at the local strip. He claims it will be a close race and the way he was talking, he thinks he has a good shot at beating me.

Let's say this magical performance chip really does add 200 hp to his truck, I still think he's going to be disappointed at the strip because I don't think he took into consideration stuff like the weight of the truck.

Just wondering what everyone's input is on here...

sherob 10-11-2017 02:38 PM

It's TQ on those diesel's that get them moving... HP, not so much... but that TQ will surprise you. Don't be surprised if he hands you an ass whooping. :eyebulge:

Look here...

https://www.alligatorperformance.com...7l-powerstroke

Tyrant Diesel Custom "race only" tunes for the 6.4 & 6.7 Powerstroke using SCT 7015 and 5015 Devices (device not supplied)
*Tune Packs come with 4 custom tunes ( Tow, street, Performance, Extreme)*
*Tunes are emailed so please make sure you have a valid email address*
6.4 tune levels
No power
400hp tow
450hp tow
500hp street
550hp performance
600hp extreme <==== :eyebulge:
All numbers are final rear wheel numbers on 6.4's <==== :eyebulge:

deano1989 10-11-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherob (Post 9936459)
It's TQ on those diesel's that get them moving... HP, not so much... but that TQ will surprise you. Don't be surprised if he hands you an ass whooping. :eyebulge:

Look here...

https://www.alligatorperformance.com...7l-powerstroke

Tyrant Diesel Custom "race only" tunes for the 6.4 & 6.7 Powerstroke using SCT 7015 and 5015 Devices (device not supplied)
*Tune Packs come with 4 custom tunes ( Tow, street, Performance, Extreme)*
*Tunes are emailed so please make sure you have a valid email address*
6.4 tune levels
No power
400hp tow
450hp tow
500hp street
550hp performance
600hp extreme <==== :eyebulge:
All numbers are final rear wheel numbers on 6.4's <==== :eyebulge:

Hmmm, why can't they make these tunes for us Camaro guys haha. Anyways, I was looking up average quarter mile times the 250 has and all stock was averaging mid 15's. I'm not having much luck finding any times for modded trucks that is similar to what he is going to have. It sounds like it may be a closer race than what I thought.

sherob 10-11-2017 03:20 PM

I'm seeing mid to low 13's...

deano1989 10-11-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherob (Post 9936506)
I'm seeing mid to low 13's...

Similar times to what a stock '10 Camaro has...interesting. Hopefully I can get my LTs and TB installed before we race haha.

sherob 10-11-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano1989 (Post 9936512)
Similar times to what a stock '10 Camaro has...interesting. Hopefully I can get my LTs and TB installed before we race haha.

Sneaky. :smoking:

camarosspower 10-11-2017 04:02 PM

So your car is stock? I had guys tell me the same thing with deisel trucks saying that they would beat me because they seen it on a magazine. Lol. He found out the hard way. But you should never sleep on a deisel. The can be extremely fast.

2010reddevil 10-11-2017 10:49 PM

If anything, he'll pull you off the line, but you should be catching him by the 1/8th and come around him.

deano1989 10-12-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarosspower (Post 9936562)
So your car is stock? I had guys tell me the same thing with deisel trucks saying that they would beat me because they seen it on a magazine. Lol. He found out the hard way. But you should never sleep on a deisel. The can be extremely fast.

I installed a CAI and axle back exhausts, not too far from being stock. I have LTs and a TB, I just need to find the time to put them on and get a performance tune done. I've seen some pretty fast diesels around where I live. I've witnessed them blow people out of the water a couple of times haha.

Fred 6528 10-12-2017 02:15 PM

check you tube for video

seven_kittens 10-13-2017 12:34 AM

Sure. Those diesels are extremely receptive to power tuners. I’m sure your bro would have no problems reaching those numbers. And then he’ll be chatting with you on how much a new tranny costs. They’re a lot of weight to be moving fast off the line.

My S.S. has about 650hp. Off the line I’ll have diesels take me. But they’ll have to spool up the turbos and lock her in 4 by. After about the first hundred feet I’m already passing them

JamesMyBoy 10-13-2017 07:38 AM

I work part time at a Diesel performance shop... Depending on what he has done to the truck, he may very well blow your doors off. I've seen diesels that have the EGR delete, DPF delete and ECM/TCM tuned produce well over 1,000 HP. Incredible to drive, as the torque never stops. I have run out of nerve well before running out of power!

deano1989 10-13-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy (Post 9938391)
I work part time at a Diesel performance shop... Depending on what he has done to the truck, he may very well blow your doors off. I've seen diesels that have the EGR delete, DPF delete and ECM/TCM tuned produce well over 1,000 HP. Incredible to drive, as the torque never stops. I have run out of nerve well before running out of power!

All he said he's going to do is put the chip in and have it dyno'd. I'd love to drive a truck that has over 1,000 hp, I'm sure that's one hell of a rush haha.

Carpetguy 10-14-2017 06:56 AM

Dont be suprised when you play catch up .I have had a few Duramaxes all with efi tuning and some extras I can keep up with most
Camaro charger and mustang With my dually I have now
But I beat alot Ford's and dodges with chips all the time.
Have a few buddies running 10 and 11 seconds in 1/4 mile crazy fast
We have diesel drags at byron drag strip in Illinois check it out on you tube
One thing is if if puts the chip in Doubt he will have enough fuel to beat you .Especially with out a lift pump
Show us a video cause I always love too see Ford's lose