Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Boston Acoustics Wiring Harness X1 and X2 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488357)

s_smith95 03-20-2017 11:06 AM

Boston Acoustics Wiring Harness X1 and X2

This is my first time posing so I apologize in advance if I have done so in the wrong section. I buddy of mine has a 2012 Camaro 2SS that he purchased pre-owned. The former owner had installed an aftermarket amp and when he sold the car cut off the X1 and X2 harnesses from the amp. Is their anywhere to purchase those harnesses? The full harness from GM runs around $700 so we are looking for a more cost effective solution.

WeflyhereSS 03-20-2017 11:08 AM

gen5diy

yellowcamaro11 03-20-2017 08:27 PM

Well, that was nice of them....

What is he planning on installing? If another aftermarket I would just get the schematics off this site or search google and tie into the front left and right inputs and the remote wire... That's going to be the cheapest and likely easiest solution. No sense in replacing connectors to wires where you likely don't need most the wires...unless he is reusing the factory speaker wire; I ran new wire...but even then I would just tie directly into the wires or put some simple crimp on and/or solder connector plugs. Not sure of the value/benefit in trying to replace the (likely overpriced) factory connector...

Snoman 03-21-2017 02:42 PM

Any installer worth his salt can rebuild from scratch or splice into the current wires for 1-2hr labor charge. Depending on the length of time since purchase, the dealer is required to repair this.

VTSummit 03-29-2017 09:06 AM

you could probably get a junkyard to cut off that section from a wreck and you can splice it on in about 30 minutes with a soldering iron and heat shrink.
Personally, I'd just connect up an aftermarket amp etc and not worry about the stock amp- because the stock amp quite frankly isn't very good. Even a cheap 4 channel Class D amp from any decent manufacturer will outperform the stock amp and resolves the issue of not having the plugs anymore.

Snoman 03-29-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTSummit (Post 9641707)
you could probably get a junkyard to cut off that section from a wreck and you can splice it on in about 30 minutes with a soldering iron and heat shrink.
Personally, I'd just connect up an aftermarket amp etc and not worry about the stock amp- because the stock amp quite frankly isn't very good. Even a cheap 4 channel Class D amp from any decent manufacturer will outperform the stock amp and resolves the issue of not having the plugs anymore.

^^^ This :thumb: