Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Garage / Tools Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Race Ramps (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262595)

bannonm 11-26-2012 07:28 PM

Go to Race Ramps website. They have a calculator that you can use to find out the size ramps you'll need. You take measurements from your car and enter them into the calc and it tells you which ramps will work. I have to go with the largest/longest ramp they make to get my car up on the trailer. I'm lowered and have a splitter than really makes it difficult.

midnightz/28 11-26-2012 09:49 PM

So is fat 12" from the bottom of the tire? It sounds life enlightenmenth room to me.

Moni 11-27-2012 06:01 PM

I have the 67" and it is just barely enough space. My car is stock height with the sinister kit. They are worth every dime!

midnightz/28 11-27-2012 06:13 PM

I am going.to get some race ramps too

ssummit camaro 11-27-2012 09:18 PM

so which size would I need to clear a 1le camaro not lowered?

SIN R G 04-20-2013 08:52 PM

I am thinking of getting a set of Race Ramps to raise the car up to make it easier to detail. Are there any vendors here that give Camaro5 a special price. I have looked on Amazon and I see you can get the RR-56 for $203.00 with free shipping. Does anyone have a better price?

TCAT 04-20-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN R G (Post 6448356)
I am thinking of getting a set of Race Ramps to raise the car up to make it easier to detail. Are there any vendors here that give Camaro5 a special price. I have looked on Amazon and I see you can get the RR-56 for $203.00 with free shipping. Does anyone have a better price?

Check JW motoring. They used to and may still have specials on race ramps. I love mine. They are safer, well constructed, light, and make life muchhhhh easier. Also, look into buying some wheel cribs by race ramps. I love them.

StephenS_84 04-20-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN R G (Post 6448356)

Adamspolishes.com sells them and they are having a 15% discount right now, and normally have a Camaro5 discount.

iaanhayden 04-23-2013 01:18 AM

The ramps are formed from a solid one piece unit made from a high density poly styrene and are then absolutely encased in a thick and robust non skid surface. Each ramp is ranked to contain 1200lbs.

SIN R G 04-24-2013 07:16 PM

I ordered a set of Race Ramps RR-56-2 on Sunday from Amazon. I took the free shipping which said 8-12 business days, so I was not expecting them till middle of next week. Went and got groceries this morning, got home and carried in the first few bags and put some of the stuff away. Went to get the rest of the groceries and there was a box inside my garage right in front of my steps. UPS had been there and delivered my Race Ramps.

I opened the box right away, they looked really nice and I am really surprised at how light they are. I did not need them to get under the car to do any work. I am disabled and I have a really hard time reaching the last 2 inches of the side of the car to clean it. I put the Camaro up on the ramps right away. WOW, I was able to see and reach some of the areas I could not see or reach before. I am now in the process of doing the clay bar, then polishing and waxing using an orbital buffer. Damn, this thing is going to shine even more than it did last year.

So, I have only had my Race Ramps for 6 hours now and I totally Love them already.

ZED SLED 04-25-2013 09:32 AM

Has anyone tried either the 56" or 67" with a ZL1? Concerned about splitter clearance.

Kunihiro1 04-25-2013 09:43 AM

I have the Roll Up ramps. Not high enough to get under for an oil change, but high enough to get a hydraulic jack underneath.

Although I no longer own my SS, the car was outfitted with the Pfadt Stage II suspension package.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...o/DSCN0066.jpg

sting808 04-30-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclark10 (Post 6467688)
Has anyone tried either the 56" or 67" with a ZL1? Concerned about splitter clearance.

Check out this page. (yardstick test)
http://www.raceramps.com/2-piece-67-...ace-ramps.aspx

If needed, Xtender ramp available. Lightweight and easy to store. Only downside would be price.

Compliment it with rollups or 2-piece cribs.

Silver-SS 05-07-2013 10:04 AM

Love my race ramps, thinking of getting the roll ups as well. I have the 67 inch two piece ones. For those thinking about saving the hundred bucks and getting the 56's I'll just say this. Have you ever, ever, had TOO MUCH room to work on a car? Spend the money its worth it.