Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   baby/car seat question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32627)

Cojaflow 07-18-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRVFAN (Post 687212)
My Momma always told me "Where there's a will, there's a way" .... you'll figure it out when the time comes.

I somehow convinced my wife to let buy a 2000 Camaro, and we have a 2 y/o son with another due next month. It works great for the prego wife with our 2 y/o since he's able to climb right into the car and then right into his booster seat without her needing to lift him... but I'm not sure how the baby carrier will be. I thought about taking the seat bottom out since it's attached by a screw and maybe fabricating something to hold the base in securely.

Note: I tried the normal bulky front facing seat first, and my little one turned my seat into a massage chair from hell. So I bought a booster seats. He can barely touch me with my seat all the way back and looks cooler than daddy with his shades on.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1d&id=49103140 Little Levi in the Camaro

kellertxgen5 07-18-2009 10:37 PM

Can't see the pic cojaflow

Cojaflow 07-19-2009 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Having a little trouble getting it to show so I put made it my Avatar. It's also in my gallery so you can get a larger pics by clicking on my user name.

Updated this post. I figured out how to posts pics from another thread.

Cojaflow 07-19-2009 01:05 PM

We taught him to say "T-tops, yay!"

mutant chicken 07-23-2009 01:04 AM

We have a full size car seat in the back seat for our son, it fits just fine. We can still fit all four of us in the car!!! YEAH !

tmactj23 06-05-2011 10:59 AM

I'll jump on this thread since this was a big concern for my wife and I when we were purchasing the Camaro, and I was a reader of this thread before my purchase two weeks ago. We too bought an SUV as the "family" car, but still wanted the little man to be able to ride in the Camaro just as easy. He is 5 months old, and sits in a rear facing Peg-Perego latching car seat. I will say it fits just fine. The passenger seat is pushed forward a bit, but can recline comfortably. I sat in it last night, and at 6'1 my knees did not hit the dash. So anyone who is questioning if the Camaro can be a family car...go for it! :chevy:

CliffjumperRS 06-09-2011 12:07 AM

is your peg-perego an infant seat or a convertible one? my wife is due in four months (gulp) and the camaro isn't going anywhere. our second car is an suv, but i'll need something for daddy-daughter time. I think you're the only one that has actually called out a brand by name that works. Earlier in the thread someone said a britax-marathon would work, and those things are gigantic. We're hopefully looking for a convertible model for the camaro, since these things are so freakin expensive. but thanks for the tip tmac, either way...

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 06-09-2011 12:24 AM

Go with the Britax. I'm a certified car seat installer and those are the BEST. I don't have kids but all of my nieces and nephews are sitting in Britax seats. Be sure to get it installed by a certified tech cause more than likely you'll install it wrong. Most police and fire stations will install it for free and show you how to correctly do it.

Any ?'s, PM me.

Jason7 06-09-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 (Post 685317)
Yeah still rear facing. She's 2 weeks and 2 days old so we'll be in the rear facing stage for a while.

My little girl is 8 weeks old now but she was rolling around with me when she was about 4 weeks in her rear facing Chicco car seat and my wife was still able to ride up front with me. My wife is like 5'9" too... Your fine and if you havent researched there are car seat anchors located in the rear seat.

JASON

:reposthorse:

nikitis 10-26-2014 10:40 AM

Reviving an extremely old thread. Apologies. But I thought the law is that if there is a back seat the child seat must go there. If you have 2 in the back (Cause most only have two seat belts), then 3rd one can go in the front.

Now I think if air bag cannot be disabled in passenger side, the one that goes in the front must be front facing as it's safer with air bag. If air bag can be disabled and they are still rear facing, to face them rear but sitting in the front.

The law allows for like trucks with only a front seat, or vans that are full in the back and need one more seat.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to know for sure, but I think this is the case.

Edit* I also find it easier to put my kid in the carseat in this car than I did my hyundai sonata.

Ryanbabz71 10-26-2014 10:49 AM

I think it varies by state? Indiana has specific laws for booster seats and children up to age 8 have to ride in one

Ryan

Caswell239 10-26-2014 11:09 AM

I had a rear facing car seat in mine once and the kids mom (my cousin) in the front seat. They fit ok.

CamaroCracka 10-26-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikitis (Post 8029651)
Reviving an extremely old thread. Apologies. But I thought the law is that if there is a back seat the child seat must go there. If you have 2 in the back (Cause most only have two seat belts), then 3rd one can go in the front.

Now I think if air bag cannot be disabled in passenger side, the one that goes in the front must be front facing as it's safer with air bag. If air bag can be disabled and they are still rear facing, to face them rear but sitting in the front.

The law allows for like trucks with only a front seat, or vans that are full in the back and need one more seat.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to know for sure, but I think this is the case.

Edit* I also find it easier to put my kid in the carseat in this car than I did my hyundai sonata.

You bored today Nikitis, this is the second one you dug up and you said in the other you were an older guy. Planning on having kids?

Gee 10-26-2014 04:55 PM

havent read the rest of the posts. but please!!! dont put your baby in the front seat! airbag can do some serious damage to any infant in a front seat if there were an impact to set off the airbag.