Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 Camaro Fest (VII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Is it to Sooooon... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501823)

01pewterz28 07-18-2017 05:49 AM

Really hope they go back to moving it around a little closer to Florida would be nice, Charlotte comes to mind, Atlanta even better :chevy:

Bo White 07-18-2017 05:53 AM

Nothing competes with what Bowling Green offers.
Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice national road course
Nice autox spot
Chamber of commerce that actually works with you 100%
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

Detroit Muscle 07-18-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 9822397)
Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

True, didnt see a single cop the whole time, parked and driving....thought my detector was broken

detltu 07-18-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

That's a fact. It really is tough to beat.

Evil-Bee-NH 07-18-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

+1 I don't think there's a better place for it. It's a long drive for me but well worth it for the fun now if we can beat the heat that'd be something special.

Sapphire 07-18-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

This is so true. you had 2 restaurants within walking distance from the host hotel. it just seems to be the spot for car events.

I did find it kinda surprising they asked for a vote for it to stay at BG at the meet n greet. I completely understand why, but I've only been to Camaro Fest twice so I've never been to other tracks.
I don't know how much my 2cents is worth but I do agree with Rhino. I would be all for having it in the spring or fall. that first day of Fest was a hot one!

BAD DAB 07-18-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

Hard to argue with that. I think having it in the same location (Bowling Green) would make it a lot easier on the people who work so hard putting this event together.

DragRacerX 07-18-2017 12:55 PM

I agree with everything said here so far. Bowling Green really is a hard to beat venue. My main concern, WHEREVER CamaroFests are held in the future, is to have it when the weather is a LOT LESS HUMID & COOLER TEMPERATURES!!! This year in Bowling Green was MUCH better than the last time there in August...

RubyCamaro 07-18-2017 01:07 PM

Absolutely! It was miserably hot & humid but it truly can be a lot worse, like if it were to have been this coming weekend when heat indexes will be into triple digits every day. I nearly overheated today just watering my plants. It really could have been much worse. We have days when temps are actually triple digits & heat index off the chart. It is hard to find locations with all the amenities we need, well located to get good participation where temps in summer when most folks can attend due to school & work issues, that it is not very hot in summer. Absolutely cannot have everything or please everyone.

Ace0751 07-18-2017 01:49 PM

Everything that Bo said is true, you can't beat the location literally. Only minutes on where you want to go, hell even a dealership to trade in your camaro for a better one!!! I'm all for having it at BG every year but also try to have a second Cfest for the west coasters. Enjoy the temps, yes it was hot and humid but just think a few months it's going to get cold and we'll all be complaining how we miss cfest and the heat again lol. Again I'm all for BG and the trip down there, at least the weather has been nice to us down there.

Char1ieone 07-18-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphire (Post 9822905)
This is so true. you had 2 restaurants within walking distance from the host hotel. it just seems to be the spot for car events.

Not to mention a liquor store within walking distance as well!:lol:

Tom And Cheryl 07-18-2017 04:44 PM

Were good with BG, kind of a central location. 600 miles but worth the trip.

X-Factor 07-18-2017 04:48 PM

This Fest was an absolute blast!! I totally cant wait for the next one! :D

Mr. Wyndham 07-18-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Hotels everywhere
Food places everywhere
Nice national dragstrip
Nice autox spot
Cops that are cool
The list goes on.

Nailed it!!

We're considering a great many options...and if folks stick with us, I think you'll all agree the best is yet to come - we've got big plans! :D :D

What I can tell you with assurances...is that the Camaro Fest is alive and WILL return in 2018. Thank you all for your support, and your kind words. It's a lot of work to organize, but also a helluva lot of fun to see it all come together.