Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quick question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535676)

Sinister10 08-05-2018 05:07 PM

Quick question

Does MGW give any discounts to Camaro5 members? I’m ready to pull the trigger on a new MGW shifter.

I tried the to search and also looked in the sponsors section and didn’t find what I was looking for.

Thanks

J Rod 08-06-2018 07:51 AM

Sub'ed! I need one too, I hate the factory shifter.

carfansince73 08-06-2018 11:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find any, but I didn't look real hard either. From what I saw, they have no problem selling every one they make so why discount them.

BTW, I LOVE my new MGW shifter. It's almost like driving a new car.

Yeah, it was very difficult getting my car to lie on its side for these pictures. Seriously though, they were right side up on my PC. Oh well..:frusty::hitcomputer:

Sinister10 08-06-2018 08:21 PM

@ carfansince73... I was just curious if members get discounts. Why pay full price if I don’t have too:D...would you be willing to take a couple more pics of your shifter, that’s the one that I want and would like to see how it looks installed, mabey a little farther back so I can see it in contrast with the rest of the interior . Did you do the install? If so, how difficult was it. I’m not new to modding and wrenching on my cars, but know almost nothing about the 5th gens. Thanks.

LETHAL2SS 08-07-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister10 (Post 10274468)
@ carfansince73... I was just curious if members get discounts. Why pay full price if I don’t have too:D...would you be willing to take a couple more pics of your shifter, that’s the one that I want and would like to see how it looks installed, mabey a little farther back so I can see it in contrast with the rest of the interior . Did you do the install? If so, how difficult was it. I’m not new to modding and wrenching on my cars, but know almost nothing about the 5th gens. Thanks.

MGW offers a really in depth installation video, when i installed mine on my last car, the clips took me way longer than the entire install did. they are in a really inconvenient place and there's little you can do to make it easier on yourself, get on their website and look at the installation video

Sinister10 08-07-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS (Post 10274808)
MGW offers a really in depth installation video, when i installed mine on my last car, the clips took me way longer than the entire install did. they are in a really inconvenient place and there's little you can do to make it easier on yourself, get on their website and look at the installation video

I have, many times. I’m just wanting feedback from someone who has installed one themselves. I’ve heard the clips are pretty difficult, in the video, they show you on a trans that’s out of the car.

xc_SS/RS 08-07-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Install is a little tedious on jack stands... It's hard getting the two locating pins removed that hold the shifter arms to the trans housing. Other than that the install is fairly straight forward

If it wasn't cold and raining when I did my install it would've gone faster. Took 3-4 hours total

carfansince73 08-07-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

I hear you on saving $$ (I use the McDs app to say a couple bucks if I can). I just didn't find any deals at any of the C5 vendors.

I can take a few more pics, no problem.

I didn't do the install because as some have said, it can be a little more difficult on jack stands. The shop that did the install also changed the rear diff fluid while it was in the air. I did install my S/C, but that's by far the biggest job I've ever done with my car, so I'd like to think I could have done this install, eventually.

Sinister10 08-07-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS (Post 10274984)
Install is a little tedious on jack stands... It's hard getting the two locating pins removed that hold the shifter arms to the trans housing. Other than that the install is fairly straight forward

If it wasn't cold and raining when I did my install it would've gone faster. Took 3-4 hours total

Awesome. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfansince73 (Post 10275065)
I hear you on saving $$ (I use the McDs app to say a couple bucks if I can). I just didn't find any deals at any of the C5 vendors.

I can take a few more pics, no problem.

I didn't do the install because as some have said, it can be a little more difficult on jack stands. The shop that did the install also changed the rear diff fluid while it was in the air. I did install my S/C, but that's by far the biggest job I've ever done with my car, so I'd like to think I could have done this install, eventually.

I appreciate it.

My neighbors uncle has a big garage with a lift so I’ll be able to use that instead of jackstands. I wish the wife would have let me build the garage that I wanted to build, then I’d have a lift of my own. She put the breaks on HARD when she saw the prints and price...60x80 14ft ceilings, water, sewer, electric. So I had to settle for a 24x24, which is better than no garage and it’s my space. She tries all the time to let her “store” stuff in there. I just tell her that there isn’t enough room and if she would have let me build the garage I was planning on there would be more than enough room..

sscamaro 08-07-2018 12:44 PM

Hurst Billet short throw shifter is easier to install. You don't have to remove as many parts.

carfansince73 08-09-2018 03:32 PM

added some pics to my previous post.

Sinister10 08-09-2018 04:12 PM

Thank you! I love it...ordered it on Monday, black flat stick with black ball....they called me on Tuesday saying the ball is on back order and will not be available for two weeks grrrr.

carfansince73 08-13-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister10 (Post 10277808)
Thank you! I love it...ordered it on Monday, black flat stick with black ball....they called me on Tuesday saying the ball is on back order and will not be available for two weeks grrrr.

Nice!! I had to wait for mine too, about 3 weeks. I got the white shift ball because I didn't want to cook my hand on the black one living here in Florida.

Sinister10 08-13-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfansince73 (Post 10281276)
Nice!! I had to wait for mine too, about 3 weeks. I got the white shift ball because I didn't want to cook my hand on the black one living here in Florida.

They had the white one in stock and I thought about switching to that. But since I don’t have any white on the car, I figured I’d just wait for the black one.