Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Beware XM/Sirius Radio (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104128)

d69chris 09-04-2010 10:45 AM

Beware XM/Sirius Radio

I know this is probably something everyone knows, but just wanted to repeat.

I am pretty good about checking my credit card bill every month, hope you are too.

I broke the phone sales person down to the $19.99 rate for 5 months. Was told that it would automatically renew every five months. First bill came through at $23 and change. I figures taxes & fees made up the difference.

Five months later (Last month) the bill came through at $28 and change. Somehow I missed this one. Close enough, I must have passed it over.:iono:

This month (1 month later) I got a bill for 44.79!:confused0068: They must have figured I let the $28 slip by and would try for more.

Needless to say, I am on hold and cancelling my account.:mad0260:

jrc1122 09-04-2010 10:57 AM

Yep, never give them access to your accounts. I always negotiate my 1 year price, and pay it in full with a 1 time payment, and tell them I DO NOT AUTHORIZE them to take any additional money out of my account, and I don't want AUTO renewal on my acct.

Mr_Draco 09-04-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc1122 (Post 2296381)
Yep, never give them access to your accounts. I always negotiate my 1 year price, and pay it in full with a 1 time payment, and tell them I DO NOT AUTHORIZE them to take any additional money out of my account, and I don't want AUTO renewal on my acct.

:word:

When dealing with XM or Sirius (since they are both now the same company) always tell them to send you a invoice and you will mail them a money order.

NEVER pay them via CC or check cause this crap will happen.

SuperFly03 09-04-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d69chris (Post 2296351)
I know this is probably something everyone knows, but just wanted to repeat.

I am pretty good about checking my credit card bill every month, hope you are too.

I broke the phone sales person down to the $19.99 rate for 5 months. Was told that it would automatically renew every five months. First bill came through at $23 and change. I figures taxes & fees made up the difference.

Five months later (Last month) the bill came through at $28 and change. Somehow I missed this one. Close enough, I must have passed it over.:iono:

This month (1 month later) I got a bill for 44.79!:confused0068: They must have figured I let the $28 slip by and would try for more.

Needless to say, I am on hold and cancelling my account.:mad0260:

I bet you only got that price for the first period or two then it was supposed to kick back to normal pricing.

I just pay monthly and have since XM debuted when I was in HS ('01/'02)

SuperFly03 09-04-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 2296397)
:word:

When dealing with XM or Sirius (since they are both now the same company) always tell them to send you a invoice and you will mail them a money order.

NEVER pay them via CC or check cause this crap will happen.

Wierd. I haven't had a problem with them in 8-9 years.

d69chris 09-04-2010 11:31 AM

Yep, after spending 20 minutes on hold, got it taken care of.

Any special promo price goes away after promo period and you are back to standard billing. When I signed up the girl told me it would automatically renew every 5 months at the $19.99 until I canceled.

Rep. I talked to this morning said you need to call back in 4 months and 25 days to try to get promo rate again.

Car is in shop for another month, so I canceled and will deal with it later.

I know a lot of people have signed up under this program.

Just an FYI moment.:)

WadeWilson 09-04-2010 11:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I let mine expire after the free trial period since I listen to my music on my phone 90% of the time. I had thought about renewing it but now I might not

2ndgenz28 09-04-2010 12:22 PM

Just member you can fight those charges if you did not approve them at that rate. CC companies will take your side. They will have to prove that you said it was ok to chage more then $20

Dave McFly 09-04-2010 12:50 PM

does this apply to somebody who bought a XM or Sirius in a store and installed it in a car that did not have it? I ask cause I have a XM my buddy gave me that he did not need an i saw some plans that give you everything for 17 a month (i am sure that is before taxes).

d69chris 09-04-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 (Post 2296584)
Just member you can fight those charges if you did not approve them at that rate. CC companies will take your side. They will have to prove that you said it was ok to chage more then $20

After threats on my part, they credited back everything they should.

d69chris 09-04-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McFly (Post 2296654)
does this apply to somebody who bought a XM or Sirius in a store and installed it in a car that did not have it? I ask cause I have a XM my buddy gave me that he did not need an i saw some plans that give you everything for 17 a month (i am sure that is before taxes).

$17 per month is their standard everything rate, I'm sure there should be no problem with them charging you that. Mine was a promo rate of $19 for 5 months. Once promo ran out, there was a poblem.

ckaram 09-04-2010 02:35 PM

They have a $77 annual fee + the $11 royalty charge. This info floated around C5 last year. The first person I spoke to wouldn't honor re-upping at this rate since I already received a promotional discount.

Then I said I was going to let it expire. The gal says, "I'm just confirming that you're going to let the subscription expire without re-newing". I say yes, and she says to hold on and she transfers me to someone else who agrees to set me up with the same $77 promotion I had last year.

I did this last week. That's the trick...

Indpowr 09-04-2010 02:44 PM

That is a lot of coin for just music. I do like the XM but not that much.

SQUALO 09-04-2010 03:09 PM

I never renewed, after the free trial, and they kept harrassing me with phone calls & junk mail.

After, about 10months of numerous phone calls, and bashing every person I spoke to, and finally thretening them with LEGAL ACTION, they finally stopped. I hope they don't start up again, or they'll be sorry they did. I have documentation of every phone call & person I spoke to.

GM should be ashamed to be affiliated with this company...by the way I sent GM an e-mail regarding my issue too. I hope they get out of the Satelite Radio business all together, and allow individuals to pick and choose their own preferred carriers.

If anyone on this site works for this company, I have no sympathy for you, just do the right thing...GET A REAL JOB WITH A REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY!