Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

SSE 4 2SS 03-20-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986212)
LOL...neither sway bar took four hours...not even two per...it's just a pain. The other 'hard' part is getting access to the mount bolts...another time where I was ribbing Chris reminding him about the cool little ratchet wrenches I have in my garage....

and at my bill rate to customers...well...let's just say you wouldn't want to pay me to install parts on your car!!! lol

I'm glad the family reached out and helped... Thats one of the things I Love about Camaro5. Thanks for stepping up..

And I only threw the billing deal out there since working in the oilfield, my rig is making about 280,000 per day, and when we go on subsea downtime, it figures out to over 10,000 dollars an hour... I hate those reports... and the phone calls, and the e-mails, and the visits from office dudes and dudettes, and visits to the blue room... etc... I just wish I was making that hourly rate... I'ld have................... something..

JusticePete 03-20-2011 12:56 PM

Today is alignment Sunday and TEST DRIVE Day!!!

Mossman -- helping out Chris, Very Cool. :clap: Staying through to the bitter end, PRICELESS. :respekt:

speedster 03-20-2011 01:46 PM

Awesome job Chris and Moss !!!

Can't wait to see THR22 in all its lowered glory... :thumbsup:

zebra 03-20-2011 01:52 PM

so... have fun pulling out of the driveway yet?
i remember Randy having so much fun in his lowered car

JusticePete 03-20-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2986505)

it is all about approach angles. Of course it is my business but I lower every thing and drive every where. If you don't rub some time you need to go lower.

themossman 03-20-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 2986296)
I'm glad the family reached out and helped... Thats one of the things I Love about Camaro5. Thanks for stepping up..

And I only threw the billing deal out there since working in the oilfield, my rig is making about 280,000 per day, and when we go on subsea downtime, it figures out to over 10,000 dollars an hour... I hate those reports... and the phone calls, and the e-mails, and the visits from office dudes and dudettes, and visits to the blue room... etc... I just wish I was making that hourly rate... I'ld have................... something..

We did some work with GSF/TO and it was recited to me how much 'down time' would cost each rig...they don't mess around when it comes to knowing exactly how much they're making an hour...and it's nuts.

And I'm looking forward to hearing about how the alignment went...and my first test ride post mods. However, I feel that ride may wind up inflicting substantial pain on my wallet.

PQ 03-20-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2986505)

:laugh: Can't wait for those stories. lol

He'll learn it, but his driveway, though not too bad, can be a pain. If he goes much lower than me, he'll have to be REALLY careful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2986567)
If you don't rub some time you need to go lower.

........:laughabove:

JusticePete 03-20-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986698)
And I'm looking forward to hearing about how the alignment went...and my first test ride post mods. However, I feel that ride may wind up inflicting substantial pain on my wallet.

If you still have a wallet you have not shown your 5th Gen enough mod love :D

zebra 03-20-2011 04:53 PM

Lou Gigliotti has some great info that you might like to see...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...oil-overs.html
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/coilover_setup.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2986821)
:laugh: Can't wait for those stories. lol

He'll learn it, but his driveway, though not too bad, can be a pain. If he goes much lower than me, he'll have to be REALLY careful.

........:laughabove:

i know, right! heck, i thought Spike's driveway would be fine... i was wrong. :facepalm:
i think Chris's might be a little steeper :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2986889)
If you still have a wallet you have not shown your 5th Gen enough mod love :D

:word:

Mr Twisty 03-20-2011 05:40 PM

Sure has been quiet in here today. I'm guessing he's driving a bit, gettiing out laughing, admiring the new look, getting in, repeat :laugh:

SSE 4 2SS 03-20-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2986698)
We did some work with GSF/TO and it was recited to me how much 'down time' would cost each rig...they don't mess around when it comes to knowing exactly how much they're making an hour...and it's nuts.

When I first came offshore I worked as a medic on a GSF project.. Then for a while I ended up working on a TO project...

Now I work for Diamond Offshore, no longer a service hand, and yes, it's universal that everybody from the newest galley hand to the Co-Reps know almost to the dollar the day rate for a rig, and how much of a percentage you loose if the soft ice cream maker goes out etc... It kills me that we have some equipment that we never ever use, but heaven help us if it gets on a report that it doesn't work, and the Co-Reps find out.... Oh Lord...

SSE 4 2SS 03-20-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2987222)
Sure has been quiet in here today. I'm guessing he's driving a bit, gettiing out laughing, admiring the new look, getting in, repeat :laugh:

lol, you think...

CynAgain 03-20-2011 07:27 PM

Geez, Revo has his install pics posted already :rolleyes:

600hp-lpe 03-20-2011 07:53 PM

I almost finished my rollcage cleanup/ whole interior rebuild before GTA installed his alignment LOL...