Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My thoughts of the 2014 Camaro and the Z/28...... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286046)

Camss57 03-30-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6361165)
Thank you,Thank you Thank you, I love the 2014 SS and the Z/28 makes me feel 25+ years younger when I had lust for a Lamborghini Countach on a poster that hung on my wall. (In Farmington Hills). Fast forward to today and I just hang my "poster" as the wallpaper on my laptop. (The 2014 Z/28)

I have to admit I was not in love with the 2013 SS/1LE that I was about to order....I loved the performance numbers and available aftermarket support....but felt is was lacking something in the "gotta have it" department for me.

The 2014 update took care of that and the Recaro option is the icing on the cake! After the launch I was corresponding with Becky D and told her I want the first Z/28 from Rogers if I can afford it (wife vetoed that one....and then I came to my financial senses as well :) ) So I asked for the first 2014 SS/1LE w/Recaros she delivers. My order will be placed as soon as it is open.....

I only have one request.....Can I please have my car before Dream Cruise (week)? I am only 1.5 miles from Woodward.

Thanks,
Matt

I really want some details on the 2014 1LE!

OldScoolCamaro 03-30-2013 10:30 PM

The Z/28 with all that it brings to the table is spectactular. It's an infusion of old world thought about how to remove weight, keep a balance between model evolution design, and bring new world technology that makes us research what the heck it is exactly and how does it work...groundbreaking innovation!

Jer4251 03-30-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6361156)
I for one am glad you listen to owners... Now one request I have made since I purchased my 2010 Camaro... Please make a handling package available for the V6 models. I love my V6 I just would like a factory handling package.. Maybe go old school and call it the F-41 suspension...

Once it handles better it will need better brakes, bigger wheels, more HP... cant have everything without giving up something. In this case gas mileage. Your going to need to upgrade to an SS if you want better handling.

mtmtx 03-30-2013 10:33 PM

well put. thanks for taking the time!

RJT Impala 03-30-2013 10:35 PM

Scott--Thanks for your patience in responding so eloquently--and with restrained emotions relative to the "hits" you and the Camaro team have taken; thanks for your passion in defending the image and the ideal! While there are things in the refresh design that I may not "fully" embrace, there is nothing that would prevent me from purchasing if finances allowed. It reminds me of the '63 Impala SS coupe refresh as compared to the '62: I didn't care for some of those changes when they came out--engine changes or design--but they both are fondly remembered today for the mark they made. Thanks again for carrying the torch for us!

v6sonoma 03-30-2013 10:37 PM

Scott I just want to say thank you to you and the rest of the Camaro Team and the disciples. You try so hard to give us what we want and have pretty much delivered EVERYTHING we have asked for in one way or another. It really bothers me how some people act on the internet just because they can hide behind a screen name.

I love the 2014 Camaro and I know it will grow on others too. Thank you for listening to us and trying your best to give us the best Camaro ever.

Angrybird 12 03-30-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 6361265)
Once it handles better it will need better brakes, bigger wheels, more HP... cant have everything without giving up something. In this case gas mileage. Your going to need to upgrade to an SS if you want better handling.

You can easily overpower the stock suspension on the V6 now. A handling package does not mean you need more of everything..
I had a 76 Chevelle with a 130HP 305 V8 and the F-41 suspension option, stiffer springs, larger shocks larger tires and larger sway bars and I believe bigger brakes. It made a world of difference in the handling... It definitely wasn't near as powerful as our V6's are...

Dropspeed 03-30-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6361199)
Congrats on your '14 order, those Recaro seats Rock :headbang: sorry, off-topic, back to our regularly scheduled program.

We are talking 2014 so its not too far off-topic.....And no order as there is nothing to order yet. My fear is the Recaro option cost as I need to order the car 2 months before pricing is available for the 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camss57 (Post 6361259)
I really want some details on the 2014 1LE!

As do I, but my understanding is the 1LE option is carrying over for 2014? If not, I have 3 days between 2014 order guide availability (4/15) and last day to order a 2013 to make a quick decision.

Anyone with insight on this thread care to provide 2014 1LE info? Hint Hint FBODFATHER wink wink!!!!

-Matt

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-30-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePick06 (Post 6361012)
I totally understood the Z/28 before Scott's post and am happy to see it back and with the true track prowess it should possess. Great post and insight for those who didn't understand before. If I was to buy a Camaro next year, I would still choose the ZL1 for what my purpose is, daily driver, weekend canyon carver and occasional trackday/drag strip fun :biggrin:

The ZL1 already destroyed nearly every car they threw it up against at last year's VIR Lighting Lap, and I can't wait to see what the Z/28 does! :headbang5thgen:

It'll destroy every other car -3 secs from the ZL1's time. :nod:

cbass 03-30-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

We are talking 2014 so its not too far off-topic.....And no order as there is nothing to order yet. My fear is the Recaro option cost as I need to order the car 2 months before pricing is available for the 2014
On the mustang the recaro's are a $1500 option. So expect something along those lines. I can't imagine it being that much more expensive than a mustang.

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-30-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6361131)
SilverSurfer - I'm not sure if I know you or not - but let me respond to your thoughts.

We're about the same age. Your opinion is that the Camaro got uglier and uglier through the years. I don't agree with you and I don't think a whole bunch of Camaro Enthusiasts would agree. True, it's always been an internal struggle between design, engineering, manufacturing, and finance. That's the nature of the beast. I don't know of another automotive manufacturer where this doesn't happen to one extent or another. If it's true that you were an engineer for GM for 30 years, I wonder how loudly you protested when something was proposed that didn't make sense. I'm not saying you don't but I've sat in meetings where a lot of people sit there like bumps on a log during a very "spirited" discussion - and others of us spoke up and argued. We didn't always win - that's impossible But these very same bumps on logs would then leave the meeting -and suddenly find their voice and complain after the fact........... I hope that wasn't you.

"The Emperor Wears No Clothes" I think, does not apply on this website or any other - and the proof is the many posts that precipitated this post as a way of explaining WHY things were done. I've been on this site from the very beginning - and in fact I was on many sites when it was not 'blessed' by GM to do so. I'm here to tell you that the people on this site have no problems telling me exactly what they think. HOW they say it goes a long way. (...such as using fowl language-- and when people behave badly, I tend to sometimes discount their comments....)

As you are a retired GM Employee, I really wish you'd not use words like "Suck" as I don't think it's befitting the position you held and I don't think it reflects well on your fellow GM Employees and Retirees.

The LED Tail Lamps come with the RS package. The regular tail lamps are incandescent. There are reasons - one is cost. Another is that not everyone loves LEDs. Further, we listened to our enthusiasts who told us that there should be greater differentiation between an RS and a Non-RS. Yes, we listened to our customers and we will continue to do so. So we have two different types of tail-lamps on the 2014.

You may not like the tail lamps - but if you go back and read what I wrote at the beginning of this thread, I explained that a lot of people hated the current lights as well - but they evidently got used to them.

As to 'real' people input, I can't think of another car in this industry that takes more input from their enthusiasts.

Once again, a reply was not warranted but you did it anyway. Would other car manufacturers employees get this connected with there enthusiasts is the question you should have asked.

Scott, if there is anything you need aboard MCB Quantico, let me know.

Dropspeed 03-30-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbass (Post 6361373)
On the mustang the recaro's are a $1500 option. So expect something along those lines. I can't imagine it being that much more expensive than a mustang.

I agree they should be in the $1500 range at most.....I fear that they were a $2800 option on the CTS (non V), albeit those were 14 way adjustable, heated/cooled, could fetch the paper and pour you a drink. I hope the Camaro offerings are more budget friendly.

-Matt

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-30-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6361411)
I agree they should be in the $1500 range at most.....I fear that they were a $2800 option on the CTS (non V), albeit those were 14 way adjustable, heated/cooled, could fetch the paper and pour you a drink. I hope the Camaro offerings are more budget friendly.

-Matt

$1500 would be nice. I wonder how friendly they would be to install.

Red Jewel RS 03-30-2013 11:08 PM

Thanks Scott for the historical write-up. My current favorite read is "Camaro, A Legend Reborn". The time and talent that goes into making the Camaro is amazing. There sure is a "reason that the team made the car the way it is" and reading your post and also this book I can appreciate all your hard work. I love the "refresh" and the "pure" Z/28.

Today I spent most of the day polishing my 10 SS and tomorrow will be the wax. Having a 5th Gen for 3 years now, I still love the body style and the design talent that went into making this car. Your team needs to be applauded! I am certainly not the only one on here who means this.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Proud Camaro owner!