Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My thoughts of the 2014 Camaro and the Z/28...... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286046)

LS1hawk 03-30-2013 04:17 PM

Nice to get a glimpse into the inner thinkings of Chevrolet as it continues to bring passion back into the automotive community. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Thrillz 03-30-2013 04:17 PM

Scott as always your a class act. Thank you for reminding myself and others what its like being in your shoes. Sometimes its easy to forget this even at my age. Please understand when some of us say we don't agree on such and such change its constructive criticism and not bashing of your hard hard work. I will be taking your advice and will see the 2014 in person to form a better opinion on the change's.

PS. I still think my tail light picture looks better :D

thejbyrd 03-30-2013 04:19 PM

Thank you Fbodfather for doing what you do with such class. The more I see the reincarnated lineup, the more I like it and get excited. I almost cried when I saw the Z/28. You listened and presented what we wanted and a lot of us are very appreciative of that. Unfortunately, it's the naysayers that stand out and throw temper tantrums like spoiled toddlers. I am looking forward to seeing what lies in the future for the Camaro.

sodapop 03-30-2013 04:28 PM

Very well said. However, I stand behind my post when I said you made the Z28 a rich man's car. Great car, yes. But, first Z priced out of range of the average guy who bought all the rest. Some don't remember, but I just turned 69 and I do. My first Chevy was a 55 power pac. Ther is a ton of guys pushing 500HP at the wheels, AT THE WHEELS, with L99's and Ls3's. I sure wish I could I afford a Z28 with air and a radio.

captaincog 03-30-2013 04:42 PM

Hello Scott,
I am glad that you spent the time to write what you did and I am very glad that the Z/28 is back. Several years ago I met you at the now defunct Route 66 Rendezvous in San Bernardino when I had my 71 RS/SS Camaro (which I still own) and I remember how enthusiastic you were at what you were doing back then. We discussed things about the 71 of mine that very few people know and I was really impressed. I really wondered if there would even be a 5th gen so when it happened I was thrilled. I finally got my 1LS a couple of months ago and love it. Someday I do hope to get a Z/28 to take out to the road course days and have some fun.
Thanks again for all that you and your team do!

Griffstar 03-30-2013 04:46 PM

Scott,
I celebrated my three years of 1LT ownership today by putting on an aftermarket exhaust. Even though, as I am sure many on this forum will be quick to point out, I have a "lowly" V6, a day does not go by that I don't have permagrin.

I truly mean I celebrated three years of ownership. Thank you to you and the Camaro team for being true to the brand and bringing this vehicle to existence. I have never enjoyed owning/driving a car this much.

I am extremely excited to see the next generation move to Lansing. I have lived here since 1968 and I can't wait. My GM friends have big shoes to fill, but will do you proud and keep the Camaro faith.

Great job and keep it up. Thank you for all you do!

Casperadub70 03-30-2013 04:46 PM

Im sorry. When i first saw the Camaro i wasnt a big fan and i said it ( not in a very bad way). However ive loved Camaros my whole life and because of that i drove up to NY to see it. Lets just say on the way home i was calling my chevy delership to find out when i could order one. Thanks for all the work you have done. Your right it is a great time for us. Once again im sorry for not waiting to see it in person. I love it and i will be the first one in Maryland to order one. Thanks again.

SnowVert 03-30-2013 05:03 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scott, you are a genius. I like the changes to the 14 (I didn't at first, but every time I look at them, they grow on me a little more). The Z/28 is an incredible car and I understand exactly what you and Chevy are thinking with this car, and I think it is an incredible vehicle.

Scott, I'd like to thank you and the others on the Camaro Team for continuing to have the courage to make the changes, wether they are considered controversial, illuminated, or even hated, to these great cars to try to keep them at the front of the pack. Great Work! I look forward to what the future holds for the Camaro. Although I freely admit that my next vehicle goal will most likely be the new Stingray, you guys are giving me plenty of reasons to reconsider that decision. Thank you for keeping cars interesting!

(lets just avoid going back to the 80's when the soul was removed from the car market...)

Cheveey57 03-30-2013 05:05 PM

Engineering is awesome but as for those hideous taillights, you say 69 Camaro? I say not at all you made them so they could be used in Europe. They are more remanisant of 200sx or a prelude or..... My point is they are not Camaro and they are ugly. Some have said see them in person and they'll grow on you. I say if they have to grow on you well then you never liked them in the first place.
I was one of the many the hated the mailslot, so much so when I order the 2010 I got an RS . Looks after all what Attracts me first to a car. Design is key. Then I look into the engineering. The b pillar was not on the original concept a and I still hate it. It could've been produced that way just like the vert.
It is interesting though to see how many people wanted to draw and quarter the design team, but will now blow smoke up your butt ans say you guys are the best I don't know you and you may very well be a nice guy, but the tail lights weren't for us they were for the ease of selling to a broader market, and they still suck. That being said if I could order a z28 with 2013 tail lights I would tomorrow.

its a syn 03-30-2013 05:18 PM

The Camaro team gets an A+ on the Z/28! The whole team should feel proud of the badass beast you have created.

CamaroBlue 03-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheveey57 (Post 6359865)
Engineering is awesome but as for those hideous taillights, you say 69 Camaro? I say not at all you made them so they could be used in Europe. They are more remanisant of 200sx or a prelude or..... My point is they are not Camaro and they are ugly. Some have said see them in person and they'll grow on you. I say if they have to grow on you well then you never liked them in the first place.
I was one of the many the hated the mailslot, so much so when I order the 2010 I got an RS . Looks after all what Attracts me first to a car. Design is key. Then I look into the engineering. The b pillar was not on the original concept a and I still hate it. It could've been produced that way just like the vert.
It is interesting though to see how many people wanted to draw and quarter the design team, but will now blow smoke up your butt ans say you guys are the best I don't know you and you may very well be a nice guy, but the tail lights weren't for us they were for the ease of selling to a broader market, and they still suck.

Someone had to start something sooner or later.....

I respect your opinion but also understand the changes as well. Thank you fbodfather for the insight and info of the Z/28. Very enlightening

Angrybird 12 03-30-2013 05:42 PM

Thanks Fbodfather for the hard work you and your fellow Camaro Comrads have done to keep the Camaro improving every year. Don't be dis hardened by the negative comments about the appearance changes. Already many are warming up to the design. I still don't see these comparisons to different Japanese cars as being very valid, as I see many many cars being made today that have resemblances to other cars.
I can especially in the non-RS tail lights a combination 69 and late 70's Camaro influence, some of the comparisons in my opinion are far fetched and unfair.
Thanks for bringing back the Z/28. I know a lot if people are dissapointed that they will not be able to purchase one of these monsters, and that reason alone is what makes most of them upset.
I have to say between 1974 and later the Z28 was not the car it was meant to be. I feel it kind of took on the role of the SS for those years. Now it's back and living up to the moniker it so rightly deserves.
Thanks again for your hard work and don't worry, most everyone will eventually accept the new design.

Steve RS/SS 03-30-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkupa10 (Post 6358886)
I completely agree! But I think much of the uproar was from the people who saw the SS refresh on TV before the official release. It looked absolutely terrible from the few pictures we got. I think you should have a long talk with whomever decided that was a good idea.

If I could afford a Z/28 let me tell you, I'd be heading to my dealer as soon as I could!

I agree !00% ...

midnighter 03-30-2013 05:52 PM

My thoughts are that GM did great with the 2010-2013 Camaro. I also feel they did very well with the refresh and the Z/28 that are coming. I am grateful to own my 2010 SS.