Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone notice this? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28347)

Rogue Leader 06-19-2009 01:11 PM

Anyone notice this?

When I rev the engine (while stopped with the brake on) the speed goes up and the car thinks its moving so it gives me the parking brake warning. Does yours do that?

SS Mike 06-19-2009 01:12 PM

I've never seen my speed go up while stopped and revving the engine. However the parking brake light should come on any time you have the brake on, regardless of the engine speed.

Rogue Leader 06-19-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Mike (Post 600530)
I've never seen my speed go up while stopped and revving the engine. However the parking brake light should come on any time you have the brake on, regardless of the engine speed.

It is on with the parking brake on, but I get the warning in the DIC as if I had just drove away with the parking brake still engaged.

PQ 06-19-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 600524)
When I rev the engine (while stopped with the brake on) the speed goes up and the car thinks its moving so it gives me the parking brake warning. Does yours do that?

No but I did notice that doing the same thing with the car in gear my wheels do this kind of, squeel thing. :sm0:

Rogue Leader 06-19-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 600538)
No but I did notice that doing the same thing with the car in gear my wheels do this kind of, squeel thing. :sm0:

LOL I'm trying to avoid that for the 1st 500 miles.... its REALLLY HARD TO DO.

This is though out of gear just stopped rev the engine and it goes up to like 10mph and the DIC beeps at me that the brake is on.

camaro5 06-19-2009 02:21 PM

You may need a parking brake indicator switch adjustment...

Rogue Leader 06-19-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 600807)
You may need a parking brake indicator switch adjustment...

Yeah except why would the speed go up to 10mph when the car is standing still....

CWI 06-20-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 601068)
Yeah except why would the speed go up to 10mph when the car is standing still....

If it was 40 mph and car standing still, I would say it was a burn out.:facepalm:

RJT-Maro 06-20-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 600538)

hahahahahahah nice!!! :sm0: :laughabove: :headbang:

DkknightX 06-20-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 600524)

Confirmed. This does indeed happen when revving idle with the parking break engaged. Don't know why.

Gentry78 06-20-2009 01:46 AM

:iono: sounds like the speed sensor in the tranny getting a false signal

does it do it without the brake set to?

CamaroSS426 06-20-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentry78 (Post 602651)

Do you know why I pulled you over sir?
no....
You were doing 50 in a 25

I swear the speedo read 45 officer!!!:confused0068:

Rogue Leader 06-20-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentry78 (Post 602651)

I'll have to try today...

I kept feeling like the miles I put on the car was higher than I really did, later on last night i revved it with the brake on and it gave me the brake warning but the speed did not go up, maybe its something that worked itself out?

I'm going back to the dealer wednesday for them to adjust the drivers door and passenger rocker, as well and do my stripes, i'll just keep an eye on it till then, but I think it may have worked itself out....

Gameover 06-20-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader (Post 602919)
I'll have to try today...

I kept feeling like the miles I put on the car was higher than I really did, later on last night i revved it with the brake on and it gave me the brake warning but the speed did not go up, maybe its something that worked itself out?

I'm going back to the dealer wednesday for them to adjust the drivers door and passenger rocker, as well and do my stripes, i'll just keep an eye on it till then, but I think it may have worked itself out....

Have the dealer look at it while your there! Might as well, if your taking her in. :iono: