Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Men are hunters, and the car is the bait..." (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89150)

Indpowr 06-12-2010 06:42 PM

If you need a nice car to get a girl...Someone is trying to compensate for something else. :sm0:

I always had nice cars for me and me alone. "Those" type of women are not who I would want anyhow.

2010 SSRS 06-12-2010 06:46 PM

I have owned Camaro's since I started driving and I do love the attention they get.

thebighar 06-12-2010 06:53 PM

Is this a joke topic, girls, lol. I have had 95 percent men ask me about this car and drool over it, not women. I have a girlfriend after getting divorced and ordered the car with her by my side, never did i think or expect i would get women by buying the car, pretty shallow imo. Maybe if your "playing for the other team" it may work out that way.......

mfr1950 06-12-2010 06:56 PM

I'll be 60 in a few weeks, I didn't buy this car to attract women,i bought this car because I've owned 5 previous f-bodies and wanted another. Any young woman getting intrested when seeing the Camaro will get turned off quickly when she has a good look at the old fart thats driving!!!:yikes:

BackinBlackSS/RS 06-12-2010 06:58 PM

Well, there is a ****load of people with Camaros up here that are married including myself.
So for all of us I think it is safe to say that it didn't matter if other woman liked the car. If I was single, I guess it would just be an added bonus. ;)

RichieRich 06-12-2010 07:08 PM

My wife and I bought it together and we're not swingers, lol.

007s 'Vert 06-12-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 1977006)
If you need a nice car to get a girl...Someone is trying to compensate for something else. :sm0:

I always had nice cars for me and me alone. "Those" type of women are not who I would want anyhow.

Well put brother, well put

Eric's Blue 06-12-2010 07:17 PM

Some young woman at the gas station today.. Im guessing about 18 or 19 said "I want your car." I told her Id sell it to her so I could buy a more expensive one. She said "No, I want to live with you, you pay my bills, and I ll let you drive it sometimes." I laughed. I did have to appreciate that bluntness of the plan though.

007s 'Vert 06-12-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric's Blue (Post 1977090)
Some young woman at the gas station today.. Im guessing about 18 or 19 said "I want your car." I told her Id sell it to her so I could buy a more expensive one. She said "No, I want to live with you, you pay my bills, and I ll let you drive it sometimes." I laughed. I did have to appreciate that bluntness of the plan though.

Thats when I would be hard pressed to tell them to get their own Camaro

kpwalls06 06-12-2010 09:39 PM

I have to agree with most on here. I've been in love with Camaro's since I saw my first drag between a red '69 and a yellow '84 t-top in my hometown, and I bought my rig because I've always wanted one and I could finally afford it!! But I will say that the attention the car gets doesn't bother me either.:D Were I a single man, the car might prove more fruitful in that fashion, but for now I'll settle with going fast and scaring my girlfriend!

And that Chappelle stand-up is some of his funniest work!

mulehead7 06-12-2010 09:54 PM

People (men and women) are always eyeballing the Camaro and its drivers. I've got a great wife and I'm not interested in anyone else. Besides, I can't afford a wife and a lawyer.

FalconFXR 06-12-2010 10:11 PM

Well yes, I got mine because of a woman. My X always wanted one, ever since the concept came out. Well, while I was deployed she moved out/in with an old high school chum of hers so with the money from the deployment and after a year and the 5 stages of grief I ordered my 2SS! Its not to get her back, she took the Grand Am with the Ram Air Hood, CAI, Competition Spoiler, and AR Rims. Man, I really miss that car!

BLACK10 06-12-2010 10:18 PM

i bought it to make smoke shows:word:

camaroluver 06-12-2010 10:20 PM

BS! I'm a girl and I got my car because it is bada$$ and since the day I sold my 99 SS I have wanted another Camaro! Definitely not trying to pick up any ladies or men in it....I have the best husband ever, I mean after all he is the one who bought me the car!