Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Velocity Channel is going down hill fast! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503853)

SS Performance 08-03-2017 07:53 PM

Velocity Channel is going down hill fast!

Well I recently watched Velocity's newest shows, Auto Firm and RMD Garage.

Show that have cars in them but ARE NOT car shows. These are shows that have as much to do with cars as Real Housewives has to do with being a housewife.

I found RMD Garage just strange. Fake drama with raising the car by crane. Any real crane operator would have his own spotters and riggers and wouldn't listen to and possibly punch some yahoo trying to tell him how to do his job.

Auto Firm seems more interested in talking about all the athletes he knows than cars. The athletes are new rich spoiled children that don't appreciate what their money can buy. Yeah I know it's their car they can do what they want with it, but wheels, wraps, and paint don't make a car custom. Pretty much same as what Unique Whips does. I don't watch that show either.

Not sure what Velocity is trying to become but its not a channel for car guys.

Just my .02

What do you guys think?

DenverTaco07 08-03-2017 08:30 PM

never seen it, i have like 6 channels.

km9v 08-03-2017 09:10 PM

A lot of those shows like to inject faux drama for some odd reason. Perhaps that's what they think viewers want to see. I watch a few shows really just for the cars & the technical aspect. They can keep the drama.

DGthe3 08-03-2017 09:10 PM

They're trying to appeal to the widest possible audience. Most people do not care about a team of professionals spending a month doing a proper restoration or custom job. As authentic and as interesting to gearheads as that may be, its boring to everybody else.

So they go with shop work at a much more frantic pace, one that makes mistake (because that generates free drama), and likes to clown around. Or they bring in celebrities to make it that much easier to draw people in who wouldn't otherwise watch a show about that kind of thing.

Ace0751 08-03-2017 10:18 PM

Morning is more for the car guys as the show revolves around the technical side of cars and trucks. Towards the evening is where it turns with drama, nothing really peeks my interest but it's better than watching espn or any sports channel with there crap. Rather watch some funny shop drama than sport political bs. Just my take.

SSmoothie 08-03-2017 10:40 PM

Yeah they sucked.

SSJ455 08-04-2017 08:24 AM

Those show suck. I do like Phantom Works. Less drama and more cars.

Mr Twisty 08-04-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Discovery Communications is spinning off Velocity into a new joint venture with TEN: The Enthusiast Network, coupling the TV network with the digital and live-event businesses of TEN’s 20-plus automotive brands including Motor Trend and Hot Rod.
Roadkill fans are concerned. As am I... can see big guns coming in and destroying a pure car vlog. If they start with the voice overlay and, "You won't believe what happens next! Right after these messages" crap, they'll lose me.

samman11 08-14-2017 12:29 PM

Phantom Works is the best one.

KJZ28 08-14-2017 01:07 PM

They destroyed Wheeler Dealers. There use to be legitimate tech on that show, now its more drama. Carspotting is good though.

ssrs2lt 08-14-2017 01:39 PM

Not a lot of other options..just glad I have velocity..

alrock 08-14-2017 02:34 PM

Yeah, I've already tuned away from those two shows. I agree, they just aren't interesting. A lot of the car shows are stiff in the first few episodes and then they get better, but these two lack any substance.

JLSuperfly 08-14-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJZ28 (Post 9865466)
They destroyed Wheeler Dealers. There use to be legitimate tech on that show, now its more drama. Carspotting is good though.

My favorite is Wheeler Dealers. It remains to be seen how it will continue on without the world's tallest mechanic, Edd China.
For entertainment value, I also like Misfit Garage and Classic Car Rescue.
I also watch Garage Squad and All Girls Garage because Heather Stormand Cristy Lee are both hot.

Not_Dave 08-14-2017 05:56 PM

All the shows are scripted but only a few I like. Like others I liked Wheeler Dealers but concerned it's not going to be as good without Edd. I do like Garage Squad and though I like the end product Dave Kindig produces I can't stand to watch the show, the comedy they inject and the popup balloons with "tweets" or whatever they are. Very annoying. Most Velocity shows are best watched without sound.