Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   USB issues - fixed? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136974)

cmore 03-25-2011 08:13 AM

USB issues - fixed?

My 2011, 2SS was manufactured in Aug 2010 and have had issues with the USB not working consistently. Some times after starting car, the usb thumb drive would not be recognized as inserted and others it would find it and start playing where it left off when shut down. I would have to remove and reinsert the drive, for it to be recognized. Most of the time it worked correctly.

Last Monday I went by dealer and asked them to see if their were any updates. They found and installed one and the USB (knock on wood) has worked correctly since.

It took like an hour to do. I would have thought it would have been a lot quicker. I watched, from a distance, and the teck had to do a lot of screen settings even to get to the point. After which it seemed to be a automatic but kinda slow process.

2ndtimess 03-25-2011 12:20 PM

Have 2010 2SS, Had problems with my USB not recognizing stick. Then It quit working altogether. Still could use CD player, radio etc, but the indash sytem would not even recognize there was auxillary input. Went back to dealer and after 4 days they found a pin on the connector had not seated correctly at factory and actually worked its way out. All is well now, since the one trip to dealer.

ihaveacamaro 03-25-2011 12:23 PM

same problems with mine.

I got a new PDIM module under warranty, I just have to take it in and get the labor done.

slick rick 03-25-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmore (Post 3008270)
My 2011, 2SS was manufactured in Aug 2010 and have had issues with the USB not working consistently. Some times after starting car, the usb thumb drive would not be recognized as inserted and others it would find it and start playing where it left off when shut down. I would have to remove and reinsert the drive, for it to be recognized. Most of the time it worked correctly.

Last Monday I went by dealer and asked them to see if their were any updates. They found and installed one and the USB (knock on wood) has worked correctly since.

It took like an hour to do. I would have thought it would have been a lot quicker. I watched, from a distance, and the teck had to do a lot of screen settings even to get to the point. After which it seemed to be a automatic but kinda slow process.

What hardware/software version is your PDIM?

To find out: Plug in a USB device, press and hold the Menu button, the hardware/software version will be displayed on the radio LCD

04Ram2500Hemi 03-25-2011 12:30 PM

Mine acted up for the 1st time last weekend. I'm assuming it's a fluke for now, but if not I'll take it in when I get time

mikel441 03-25-2011 01:54 PM

The only issue with the USB I have had was the blank screen when the radio sticks on a file name. Now when I add mp3s I always look at the file proeprties for any "wierdness" and the USB works fine.

cmore 03-25-2011 04:53 PM

What hardware/software version is your PDIM?

Holding the Menu/Select button causes
HW ID: CC
SW ID: CE
to be displayed.

cmore 04-05-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 3009234)
same problems with mine.

I got a new PDIM module under warranty, I just have to take it in and get the labor done.

Just wondering what are your hardware and software codes?

To find out: Plug in a USB device, press and hold the Menu button, the hardware/software version will be displayed on the radio LCD

cmore 05-02-2011 03:22 PM

I thought my issues were fixed. Not as many issues but still sometimes have intermittent ones.

Such as:
After turning off engine, wouldn't start playing at all after restarting.

Won't recognize that a USB device is plugged in. Even after removing and replugging it in. Sometimes using another device will let me use the one it didn't recognize and some times that doesn't work either.

Goes through the "Indexing" after being shutdown and restarted. Even tho it had finished indexing before being shut down.

Doesn't do this every time but a lot of it.

Am keeping a log to try and pin the symptoms down.

So I guess the car will be back to dealer, again.

fastfreddie 05-02-2011 03:56 PM

Mine "Indexes" every time I turn the car off and back on. I just thought this was normal operation, it's not?

FF

cmore 05-02-2011 07:19 PM

I don't think so as some times mine doesn't run the index step at least with the same usb plugged in.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-04-2011 09:58 AM

cmore, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your USB system. How many times have you been into your dealership for this issue? Also, have you ever spoken to our Customer Assistance team on this issue as well? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

cmore 05-04-2011 10:21 AM

Just once, so far. They updated the software. And that helped some. Am now keeping a log on what happens as the issues seem to be intermittent. Since it is, hopping the log will help with is determination of the problem.

No. Thought I would work through the dealer first. But if that is not the way to go, would be glad contact the Customer Assistance team. Assume they are the ones mentioned in the owners manual.

xXSilencerXx 05-05-2011 11:01 PM

Does the Music need to be in the root directory for it to work? My Usb hasn't work since the day I got it.....nor does it work correctly with my Zune.