Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Billy Boat Exhaust & kooks 1 7/8 catted headers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84560)

jayC1974 05-20-2010 09:49 AM

Billy Boat Exhaust & kooks 1 7/8 catted headers
 
Has anyone on here had a set up with Billy Boat's sport exhaust with Kooks 1 7/8 headers with Cats?

My question is this. How did you hook the Billy Boats exhaust, which is 3" with a 2 1/2 reducer to connect to factory Cats, to the Kooks headers? Because now the Cats on the Kooks are 2 1/2 and in a different location too the factory Cats.

Do they sale the Kooks cats with 3" outlets?
Did you have to cut the Billy Boats exhaust pipe?

Just how was it done?

Thanks for all to reply.

Fishdadddy 05-20-2010 10:04 AM

Kooks has cats with 3 inch outlets

jayC1974 05-20-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishdadddy (Post 1881161)
Kooks has cats with 3 inch outlets

I was told the only way to get thoes were to buy the complete Kooks 3" system, which I don't want. Did I receive wrong information on this? I went to there web site and the only cats they on there are the 3 x 2 1/2???

Fishdadddy 05-20-2010 10:11 AM

Doesn't sound right to me. Why would they only sell them with their exhaust?

jayC1974 05-20-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishdadddy (Post 1881192)
Doesn't sound right to me. Why would they only sell them with their exhaust?

Thats what I was thinking lol

Fishdadddy 05-20-2010 10:20 AM

Call Brandon at Maryland Speed. i hear they have the best prices on the Kooks stuff. I will be calling him soon myself for a price.

jayC1974 05-20-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishdadddy (Post 1881232)
Call Brandon at Maryland Speed. i hear they have the best prices on the Kooks stuff. I will be calling him soon myself for a price.

I just got off the phone with Kooks and they do make a cat that has a 3" outlet on both ends. Part# 6513-OMEC-3. Hes said this is new and you just have to specify what you want when you order. So that solves that question.

But I would still like to hear from anyone with this set up, and how they connected it. And of course what they think, and any sound clips with this set up would be great.

gmag21 05-20-2010 11:45 AM

I have Billy Boat Sport exhaust with american racing 1 7/8 catted long-tube headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyxatCnnE8

Its the best sounding exhaust IMO

edit: **sorry didnt notice u were looking for 1 7/2 headers; I overread that

jayC1974 05-20-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmag21 (Post 1881561)
I have Billy Boat Sport exhaust with american racing 1 7/8 catted long-tube headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyxatCnnE8

Its the best sounding exhaust IMO

edit: **sorry didnt notice u were looking for 1 7/2 headers; I overread that

That was a typo, I changed it I’m getting 1 7/8 headers lol. Yeah your vid was one of the considering factors I used to make my decision....Thanks.... Do you happen to have the vid with out the music in the back ground? When you are driving and accelerated all I hear is enter sandman lol and I want to hear the car.

Also, your ARH's did they have a prob hooking them up to the cats? I don't know much about ARH, did they have a 2 1/2 connection on the cats? Did they have to cut pipe on the exhaust?

trudawg660 05-20-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmag21 (Post 1881561)
I have Billy Boat Sport exhaust with american racing 1 7/8 catted long-tube headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyxatCnnE8

Its the best sounding exhaust IMO

edit: **sorry didnt notice u were looking for 1 7/2 headers; I overread that

your dyno number seem a little low for a person with longtubes

gmag21 05-20-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudawg660 (Post 1881802)
your dyno number seem a little low for a person with longtubes

I put down a 12.5 at the track with a 1.9 sixty foot time. Its also L99

gmag21 05-20-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayC1974 (Post 1881766)
That was a typo, I changed it I’m getting 1 7/8 headers lol. Yeah your vid was one of the considering factors I used to make my decision....Thanks.... Do you happen to have the vid with out the music in the back ground? When you are driving and accelerated all I hear is enter sandman lol and I want to hear the car.

Also, your ARH's did they have a prob hooking them up to the cats? I don't know much about ARH, did they have a 2 1/2 connection on the cats? Did they have to cut pipe on the exhaust?

Ill make you a video today of me driving around so you can get a good feel of what it sounds like. Ill post by tonight ;)

I had ragin racin do all of my installs and they did not have problems hooking my exaust up. But as far as the other details you were concerned about, I will have to ask them about that

jayC1974 05-20-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmag21 (Post 1881949)
Ill make you a video today of me driving around so you can get a good feel of what it sounds like. Ill post by tonight ;)

I had ragin racin do all of my installs and they did not have problems hooking my exaust up. But as far as the other details you were concerned about, I will have to ask them about that

That would be great if you could do that. Thanks

trudawg660 05-20-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmag21 (Post 1881945)
I put down a 12.5 at the track with a 1.9 sixty foot time. Its also L99

i have seen people (with l99) around 370 at the wheels with CAI, Exhaust, long tubes with high-flow cats, and tune. i know u dont have a CAI but its not like their getting 20hp from just their CAI

here you go check this out.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49703


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.