Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PDIM Hardware and Software Available! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097)

SDCamaro10 10-09-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 2424475)
So what info do you want? Are you going to sift through all these pages or do you want short, sweet cliff notes?

Majority of the people are having the same types of issues, BUT if people want to PM me with whatever issues they are having with their PDIM, SWC, USB.. i'll include their issues in my email. i've gone through all the different threads on the PDIM issue already and have a pretty good idea what the problems are, but if theres something else that hasnt been mentioned, and is related, i'll include it as well.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 10-10-2010 12:54 AM

What happened to codeman71???

According to his profile:

Last Activity: 10-05-2010 06:29 PM

He should be able to answer these questions..

2010SSRSM6 10-10-2010 07:00 AM

Latest issue for me is the first song that plays info will not leave my display.

TIE FIGHTR 10-12-2010 03:39 PM

The digital crackle and pop since my iTouch upgraded to os4 is extremely annoying.

I called to schedule an oil/fluids change for Friday and also asked for the PDIM upgrade. I told the service rep that I was having issues with digital noise/crackle when playing the iPod. She said she'd have it researched and answered for me when I get there on Friday.

So is there anything else I need to say/do to get the PDIM update under warranty?

I forgot to mention to her the 2,500 vs 10,000 issue.

I have version CC/CE.

trm0002 10-12-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR (Post 2433873)
The digital crackle and pop since my iTouch upgraded to os4 is extremely annoying.

I called to schedule an oil/fluids change for Friday and also asked for the PDIM upgrade. I told the service rep that I was having issues with digital noise/crackle when playing the iPod. She said she'd have it researched and answered for me when I get there on Friday.

So is there anything else I need to say/do to get the PDIM update under warranty?

I forgot to mention to her the 2,500 vs 10,000 issue.

I have version CC/CE.

Can you bluetooth streaming music since the upgrade? Gmusic connect or whatever it is doesn't show up on my 3GS anymore. Didn't use it anyways- always plugged in through the USB port so I can charge and listen at the same time... Just saying that if you can no longer see that connection either, that in and of itself will probably get you upgraded.

TIE FIGHTR 10-12-2010 04:10 PM

I've never tried to stream via bluetooth with my iPod Touch (no 3GS, only wi-fi) and my company issued Blackberry blocks streaming media...

KeepItGreasey 10-12-2010 05:06 PM

this is a good thread. i've been battling PDIM issues since day-one. i've taken it as far as i can take it on my own, even talked to a GM software tech on the phone several weeks ago and was fed the line "It's operating as designed." i'm currently running on CC/CE. i will be taking my Camaro in tomorrow for an oil change, and let them look at all this documentation and potential "fixes" for problems i've had and have been complaining about since i took delivery.

SDCamaro10 10-12-2010 08:45 PM

I used to see the GM music connect, and used it for a few days, hasnt worked since, with my 3GS. Dont know.. I sent some emails, hoping to hear back soon.

trm0002 10-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2435046)
I used to see the GM music connect, and used it for a few days, hasnt worked since, with my 3GS. Dont know.. I sent some emails, hoping to hear back soon.

Let me know here or via PM (actually make sure it's here either way for everyone to see) if you can get “GMusicConnect” to show up again. I'm going to unpair my iPhone and do what I can to effectively reset the system to default(s) and start back up from scratch. If neither of us can get "GMC" to show up again, I'll get my car in for the latest upgrades based on that and report back here on the end result(s). FWIW, last time I requested they look at the upgrade, they gave me this line of crap about a TSB saying the iPhone should be used in "airplane" mode and that I should try that for a while first to see if that remedies my problem. So... I'm supposed to disable my phone (airplane mode) to be able to listen to music as an iPod? WTF kind of BS reasoning is that? Anyways, needless to say, it didn't make a damn bit of difference wrt my problems...

I was going to take the car in to get the oil changed again and have them change out the rear diff fluid while it's there anyways, so I may as well get the PDIM crap taken care of too while it's there. Almost time to put him away for the winter and that way he'll be ready to go in the spring.

2010SSRSM6 10-13-2010 03:25 AM

I also have CC CE. This was my "upgrade" today. Not sure what they actually did, but the reflash fixed all the problems. (well, they didn't come up in the 2 hours I was running around today.) :emoticon14:

jdenotter 10-13-2010 04:10 AM

I have CB CC and have no issues at all. Just a thought..even though someone said it was older version. But where do u find out what's the lastest is my question. No one seems to know what upgrade is the most recent..even GM lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SDCamaro10 10-18-2010 01:24 AM

I emailed Cheryl Pilcher, like she asked, but I havent received a response from her yet. I'll email her again tomorrow and see if she has an update for me.

UCF w00t 10-18-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 2436146)
I have CB CC and have no issues at all. Just a thought..even though someone said it was older version. But where do u find out what's the lastest is my question. No one seems to know what upgrade is the most recent..even GM lol

There's two hardware versions... CB and DA. If you have CB (most people) the latest is CE. If you have DA, I believe there's just one software version DX.

Candie 10-19-2010 06:59 AM

I have to take my 2010 in for service today. ( gas blowing out of exhaust) and would like to get my radio fixed while I am at it. Mine does some of the same things I have read here. With my ipod it will only show and play about 1/3 of the songs on it and with my iphone it will play sometimes, sometimes it will not play at all and then sometimes it will do the static thing after a few minutes. What EXACTLY do I need to tell the service guy? I read in here something about a print out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.