Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hudson Valley C5 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107830)

TROndrey 09-26-2010 08:16 PM

Hudson Valley C5

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW HOME AT NY5THGEN.COM

http://forums.ny5thgen.com/forumdisp...DSON-VALLEY-C5

POWERFREAK 09-26-2010 09:32 PM

:popcorn:

1969to2010 09-26-2010 09:38 PM

HUDSON VALLEY C5

NYrat77 09-26-2010 09:39 PM

Stopping by to give some HV love :wub:

1969to2010 09-28-2010 07:24 PM

Sounds great guys the nothern section is all set up on the site we are all looking toward to hearing your storys and seeing pics of your cars and events

3CamarosOnHand 09-29-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedwil (Post 2374066)
Looking to make an official branch of Ny5thGen for the Hudson Valley Region. This area is from Westchester County north to Albany. This would give those that don't know of ny5thGen, a chance to learn about the shows and meets in NY State. Perhaps have HV as a central meeting place for our own C5Fest.
So far there have been about 12 people interested.
I am also member of Ny5thGen & upstateC5.

Doesn't Upstate C5 encompass any area that is Upstate? Anything that is not in the city- no offense NY5thgen- I am a member too but cannot drive that far to make meets....confused? Don't want our Upstate C5 members pulled in different directions for car clubs..... :iono::iono:

POWERFREAK 09-29-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand (Post 2385903)
Doesn't Upstate C5 encompass any area that is Upstate? Anything that is not in the city- no offense NY5thgen- I am a member too but cannot drive that far to make meets....confused? Don't want our Upstate C5 members pulled in different directions for car clubs..... :iono::iono:

Seems like you 'upstate' guys are WAAAAAAY up there. The area between NYC and Albany is not that far 'upstate'...I'm an hour north of NYC and about 7 or 8 hours from buffalo...does that make me 'upstate'?:iono: I guess it's all relative.

NY5thgen is NOT just a "city" club...it just turns out most of it's members are in long island (probably just because there seems to be a TON of 5th-gens out there)...but it's open for everyone in NY and the NY-tri-state area. Not sure why we all need to be so specialized and specific.

3CamarosOnHand 09-29-2010 09:06 PM

We are way up here I my self live 1hr west of albany and the other three core members all live further west than me. If you looked at our membership list we do have members from hopewell junction to ogdensburg and from Hoosic Falls to Buffalo. WE also have two members in canada and a third yet to officially join but has made the trip down to a couple shows and stayed overnight. i agree that most of us dont want to drive more than 4 hrs for a show and then drive 4 back home.

1969to2010 09-29-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand (Post 2385903)

no one is trying to pull anyone anywhere,
no on expects people to drive for hours to meets, NY5THGEN like PF said is for all NY, What im hoping happens: people who are close by each other spend time together meets shows etc... call yourselves what ever you like, then share your experiences with the rest of the NYers and be part of a huge NY Camaro family/network , Which is what we have been building for over a year now. Id like all NY members to take advantage of our clubs site, to coordinate local events meets and more.. and share mods storys and anything else. I would really like to set up members rides pages for all the Camaros in NY State
http://ny5thgen.com/rides.html . The northern section is set up for you guys already and we would all really like it if you guys would be a part of NY5THGEN as affiliates or whatever you like. :headbang::headbang:

GQ4Life 09-30-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 2385987)
Seems like you 'upstate' guys are WAAAAAAY up there. The area between NYC and Albany is not that far 'upstate'...I'm an hour north of NYC and about 7 or 8 hours from buffalo...does that make me 'upstate'?:iono: I guess it's all relative.

NY5thgen is NOT just a "city" club...it just turns out most of it's members are in long island (probably just because there seems to be a TON of 5th-gens out there)...but it's open for everyone in NY and the NY-tri-state area. Not sure why we all need to be so specialized and specific.

Being someone raised in the bronx. Anything north of the bronx is upstate LoL

Be nice get some meets around dutchess county and westchester. Long island is such a long drive when you have a bad back.

GQ4Life 09-30-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1969to2010 (Post 2386141)
no one is trying to pull anyone anywhere,
no on expects people to drive for hours to meets, NY5THGEN like PF said is for all NY, What im hoping happens: people who are close by each other spend time together meets shows etc... call yourselves what ever you like, then share your experiences with the rest of the NYers and be part of a huge NY Camaro family/network , Which is what we have been building for over a year now. Id like all NY members to take advantage of our clubs site, to coordinate local events meets and more.. and share mods storys and anything else. I would really like to set up members rides pages for all the Camaros in NY State
http://ny5thgen.com/rides.html . The northern section is set up for you guys already and we would all really like it if you guys would be a part of NY5THGEN as affiliates or whatever you like. :headbang::headbang:

NY5thGEN still rocks. Im still a member haha:thumbup:

POWERFREAK 09-30-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 2386768)
Being someone raised in the bronx. Anything north of the bronx is upstate LoL

NOT UPSTATE DAMMIT :paddle: :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 2386768)

Be nice get some meets around dutchess county and westchester. Long island is such a long drive when you have a bad back.

I agree. Gonna get something planned with the Hot Rod Hotel in Buchanan...possibly before the winter, if not, the spring. Always up for local meets if anyone wants to get together.

miltp 09-30-2010 04:15 PM

Definatly count me in.I would love a meet that was within an hour from my house.Most of the Meets I see on here are more towards the city. Thanks, and hope you get somthing together.

kjd15 09-30-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 2387549)
NOT UPSTATE DAMMIT :paddle: :yikes:

I agree. Gonna get something planned with the Hot Rod Hotel in Buchanan...possibly before the winter, if not, the spring. Always up for local meets if anyone wants to get together.

I agree...Westchester is not upstate. LOL

I love my LI/5 boroughs Camaro friends, but would also love to have meets around Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess. I just don't know how many members are from this area.