Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmission / Driveline (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   JDP Motorsports | Clutch Reservoir Relocation Kits | In Stock (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236850)

LS3 SS 01-26-2013 07:11 PM

For someone who mainly does spirited daily driving, which kit would you recommend, and how difficult is the install? Thanks in advance!

JDP Sales 01-28-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS3 SS (Post 6087027)
For someone who mainly does spirited daily driving, which kit would you recommend, and how difficult is the install? Thanks in advance!

Either kit would be suitable for your needs, it depends more on your preference. The difference between the kits is that the stage II kit provides a new brake reservoir with a factory cap that is used on the Automatic Camaro SS. The stage I kit includes a cap to cap off your current brake reservoir. We prefer the factory molded cap.

We are now offering FREE shipping on our stage I kits as well!
Use Coupon Code FREESHIPPING for FREE GROUND SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48!

Please feel free to Call, PM or email me anytime with questions! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

LuSe4 02-04-2013 09:58 AM

Hey Jordan,
How secure is the cap for the brake fluid reservoir? Do you think it will leak over time?

JDP Motorsports 02-04-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 6119911)
Hey Jordan,
How secure is the cap for the brake fluid reservoir? Do you think it will leak over time?

The clutch reservoir we use is a factory GM reservoir and I've never had an issue with the caps on these. You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with it leaking over time.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon! :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

LuSe4 02-04-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports (Post 6120034)
The clutch reservoir we use is a factory GM reservoir and I've never had an issue with the caps on these. You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with it leaking over time.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon! :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the block off cap for the brake fluid reservoir after you remove the line on the cheaper of the two kits you sell.

TBone 02-04-2013 10:07 PM

I have one of, if not his first, kit and I have never had a leak with the cap. I have the "Stage 1" and it is awesome.

Jordan and everyone in his shop are great to work with too.

T.

PS. Hi Jordan, Amy and Tyler.:burnrubber:

LuSe4 02-05-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone (Post 6122601)
I have one of, if not his first, kit and I have never had a leak with the cap. I have the "Stage 1" and it is awesome.

T.

Thanks! No need in spending the extra money if I didn't need to.

JDP Sales 02-05-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone (Post 6122601)

T.

Hello and thanks for answering that Tbone! We appreciate your support! :respekt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 6123123)
Thanks! No need in spending the extra money if I didn't need to.

Yep, the Stage I package is great. We along with others just prefer the molded cap for a factory look. Please feel free to Call, PM or email me anytime with questions!

Best regards, :chevy:

Tyler
888-308-6007

LuSe4 02-05-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales@JDP (Post 6123793)
Hello and thanks for answering that Tbone! We appreciate your support! :respekt:

Yep, the Stage I package is great. We along with others just prefer the molded cap for a factory look. Please feel free to Call, PM or email me anytime with questions!

Best regards, :chevy:

Tyler
888-308-6007

Cool.
I will be ordering within the next couple of days! Thanks!

Klepton 02-07-2013 09:16 PM

Hey Jordan,
What material are the brake reservoir cap and brake/clutch line made of?

JDP Motorsports 02-08-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klepton (Post 6134978)
Hey Jordan,
What material are the brake reservoir cap and brake/clutch line made of?

We spent a lot of time tracking the hose and caps down as well as validating there ability to withstand brake fluid. It is a special hose that is hard to find and it is included in our kits along with all of the required hardware needed to complete the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Klepton 02-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports (Post 6137051)
We spent a lot of time tracking the hose and caps down as well as validating there ability to withstand brake fluid. It is a special hose that is hard to find and it is included in our kits along with all of the required hardware needed to complete the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Thanks, but that still doesn't answer my question. :yikes:
I appreciate the research done on the hose/cap you include in your kit, but I'm not asking for the type of material they are made of because I want to find them on my own. Instead, I'm asking because I'd like confirmation that they are the material that I need/want them to be before pulling the trigger on purchasing this kit...so whether they are special and hard to find outside of this kit is irrelevant to me. :confused0068:

stratman2SSRS 02-10-2013 05:56 PM

JDP, do you have any instructions for installing the kit?
I'm planning on installing mine soon, and didn't get any instructions.
I guess that once I get started it should be straight forward??
Thanks

solo40oz 02-11-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS (Post 6144676)
JDP, do you have any instructions for installing the kit?
I'm planning on installing mine soon, and didn't get any instructions.
I guess that once I get started it should be straight forward??
Thanks

I'd like to see instructions as well. I'm thinking about buying one of these and curious why an extra line is needed - can the original line just be attached to the new reservoir?