Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   2013 6sp manual zl1 vibration? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597796)

BEECHFRONT 09-27-2021 05:04 PM

2013 6sp manual zl1 vibration?

I am having a vibration or shudder problem that I cannot figure out.
When Im rowing through the gears winding it out there are no problems, when im just cruising 50 60 mph in 5th or 6th and step on it kinda lugging the engine the car starts to shake vibrate etc...Im sure the clutch is not slipping, this just happened all of a sudden, im stumped? Any idea what I should be looking for?

JB'sZL1 09-27-2021 06:27 PM

The things I'd first look at is wheel balance and driveshaft.

ZMEnow 09-27-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT (Post 11077025)
I am having a vibration or shudder problem that I cannot figure out.
When Im rowing through the gears winding it out there are no problems, when im just cruising 50 60 mph in 5th or 6th and step on it kinda lugging the engine the car starts to shake vibrate etc...Im sure the clutch is not slipping, this just happened all of a sudden, im stumped? Any idea what I should be looking for?

Hard to say without more info but if the steering wheel shakes its front tires, rims rotors etc. if the car it’s self is shaking and it’s only upon acceleration I would check the driveshaft center bearing as it’s on a spring. Next would probably be a broke spring or springs on the clutch but you should hear a little rattle at idle if that’s the case. Any work done in the last 6 months?

BEECHFRONT 10-06-2021 05:57 PM

This happen right after my battery was dead after sitting a few weeks ,maybe coincidental? So I check driveshaft, axles, etc... for any play everything seems fine.
seemed like it was a miss/shudder under load. put new plugs in and swapped out coils no change.

Now I noticed when I wind out the gears with pedal to the floor I can here a slight backfire out of the exhaust, sounds like ignition problem???

Car has 4k miles on mods , cam,injector,pully's,headers, dsx fuel etc... no problems untill I had to change out my battery.

ZMEnow 10-06-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT (Post 11080911)
This happen right after my battery was dead after sitting a few weeks ,maybe coincidental? So I check driveshaft, axles, etc... for any play everything seems fine.
seemed like it was a miss/shudder under load. put new plugs in and swapped out coils no change.

Now I noticed when I wind out the gears with pedal to the floor I can here a slight backfire out of the exhaust, sounds like ignition problem???

Car has 4k miles on mods , cam,injector,pully's,headers, dsx fuel etc... no problems untill I had to change out my battery.

Who installed the DSX fuel? How’s it wired.

BEECHFRONT 10-06-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMEnow (Post 11080964)
Who installed the DSX fuel? How’s it wired.

Everything was done by complete street performance in west chester pa.

shibbs 10-06-2021 09:03 PM

I had something similar on my SS. Check and make sure the CV axles at the hubs are tight. My left rear loosened up on me and caused some weird vibrations occasionally. Re-tightened, and good to go.

ZMEnow 10-06-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT (Post 11080975)
Everything was done by complete street performance in west chester pa.

I ask because initially you mention vibrations and I took that as non power plant, but if you think the motor is stumbling which I don’t know you experience but night in day from a suspension or drive train vibration. Some people use the the battery ground for BAP and DSX, and since you changed the battery you may need to check you did not disrupt a connection.

BEECHFRONT 10-21-2021 06:41 PM

Fixed, Ended up being a bad plug wire.

Thanks