Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CAMARO NO CAMO !!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2438)

SilverTurtle 01-03-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rray200 (Post 37127)
The raised roofline is barely noticeable. And the rubber around the 20 inch rims fills the wheel wells just right. The jalopnik page that showed the interior spyshots says the tires are 245/45/20s, same wheel size as the Challenger.

they are 245/45-ZR20s... the ones that are on the Concept style wheels are also Pirellis, which is something that I've rarely seen on any GM car.

I've very pleased with all aspects of the car... and I can't wait to hear what the f-bodfather himself has to say about them uncovering the mules

:thumbup:

bigralph 01-03-2008 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is!!!!!!!:happyanim:

JusticePete 01-03-2008 04:40 PM

Looks GREAT!!! Exactly what we all expected -- a car thisclose to the show cars. Time to get with Mr. Berger.

GTAHVIT 01-03-2008 04:42 PM

holy poop. :thumbsup:

Myka 01-03-2008 04:48 PM

Looks good. I'm glad about the sunroof. I just can't help but be extremely curious about the location of the gas cap.

CamaroKid 01-03-2008 04:52 PM

Looks AWESOME! can't wait.

SilverTurtle 01-03-2008 04:57 PM

not to be a fuddy duddy to those thinking that the gas cap might be on top, but this is going to be a global car, so the possibilty exists that the filler door will be on the passenger side of the car for left drive variants... this has been the case on other "global" cars from GM, Ford and Chrysler in the past... just a thought, though, no promises that that is correct.

Angrybird 12 01-03-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 37182)
not to be a fuddy duddy to those thinking that the gas cap might be on top, but this is going to be a global car, so the possibilty exists that the filler door will be on the passenger side of the car for left drive variants... this has been the case on other "global" cars from GM, Ford and Chrysler in the past... just a thought, though, no promises that that is correct.

Not to knock your reasoning, but I have looked at many cars and trucks and it seems that no matter where they are built or sold, the Gas cap is located opposite the side where the exhaust is located on single exhaust versions.... The Sky is sold in other countries, as the Opel GT (Europe) and Daewoo (Korea) and the gas cap is on the driver's side.. the HHR is not sold in other countries, and the gas cap is on the passenger's side...
Of course we don't know for sure if the Camaro will come with any versions that have a single exhaust (I say probably the entry level V6 will).
We do know it is not behind the license plate or on the rear panel

'09-Z28 01-03-2008 05:16 PM

The car looks awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Are those the reverse lights in the bumper, or are they still hidden above the exhaust pipes?

Angrybird 12 01-03-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent87LT1 (Post 37156)
Tell me that joystick on the roof is not the production sat radio antenna:confused0068:

Probably is, it will be like that one or like the one on my Sky, looks like a Bee stinger. it provides a dual function, On-Star and XM

stevenm357 01-03-2008 05:36 PM

My heart is beating a little faster!

Mr. Wyndham 01-03-2008 05:46 PM

noticed something about the pic: The side-mirrors are body color. Which help to make them look that much sleeker. Unlike that White Prototype we saw some weeks ago. With those ugly black side mirrors on a white body. :barf:

acscamarochick06 01-03-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 37189)
noticed something about the pic: The side-mirrors are body color. Which help to make them look that much sleeker. Unlike that White Prototype we saw some weeks ago. With those ugly black side mirrors on a white body. :barf:

I also noticed that! ;) Maybe the gas cap is the same color as the body of the car, and that's why it doesn't just jump right out at us? On the concept it appeared to be a kind of "chrome" material or something... but they might have done that to make the gas cap stand out a little more so we would notice it and say "HEY... Look where it is!" lol

I am REALLY excited if that is a sunroof!!! :party0048: If I can't have t-tops, I want a sunroof!!

HTWLSS 01-03-2008 06:33 PM

:confused0068: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: