Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PDIM Hardware and Software Available! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097)

slick rick 09-09-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 (Post 3733402)
I got mine done and it says
DA
DX
is that good or bad?

every thing works so far

Old but if it works for you that's good

TIE FIGHTR 09-09-2011 04:29 PM

Mine is now DA/DX by the way.

Jeff just contacted my service mgr, and they are supposed to try to make this right.

shiftz33 09-10-2011 08:00 PM

I just installed PDIM P/N 22797218 HW=DB / SW=DD into my Camaro.

Sounded just fine (DB/DB unit would get occasional crackles when playing from my iPhone 3G).

There was about a 20 second pause when I first connected to my iPhone (indexing) and after that it was flawless.

I hope that is the last PDIM I ever need to install. :D

TIE FIGHTR 09-14-2011 11:06 AM

The crackle and pop was back this morning! Worse than before. It sounds like an electrical fire crackling through my speakers.

What's the deal?

I called my service rep because I wanted him to hear it firsthand but I got his voicemail. He has yet to return my call.

Carriccp 10-03-2011 08:48 PM

I have a 2011 1LT Camaro that's experiencing severe static when listening to my iPhone. Checked the software and it's DA/DA. What all do I need to tell my dealer/GM to get the latest update to eliminate this static? I'm assuming it would be covered under warranty?

Sorry if it was covered in the 34 pages previously.

Jonny 10-03-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carriccp (Post 3836901)
I have a 2011 1LT Camaro that's experiencing severe static when listening to my iPhone. Checked the software and it's DA/DA. What all do I need to tell my dealer/GM to get the latest update to eliminate this static? I'm assuming it would be covered under warranty?

Sorry if it was covered in the 34 pages previously.

All you should have to do is just go. There's a TSB out on it already. If you have DA hardware, they'll automatically order and install a new piece of hardware that will come w/ new software. Whether you get the DB or the DD software seems to be up to luck. Some dealers get the right part, some don't. Either way, it'll be better.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-04-2011 12:49 PM

Carriccp, you should be fine if you tell your dealer you're having an issues with the PDIM system. They should be able to diagnose and resolve it for you as Jonny said. If you have any other questions let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Carriccp 10-04-2011 09:31 PM

Sounds good guys. I probably won't be able to get it to the dealership until this weekend but I will keep you updated.

spurscar 10-17-2011 09:48 PM

Wow, so they're still on the same version I got installed back in April, eh?

Nice to know they got it right back then. Even with DB/DD I haven't had re-indexing
or static or anything... and it STILL remembers Random. :)

And nice to see 2010's finally got the OK as well!

Jonny 10-17-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscar (Post 3896287)
Wow, so they're still on the same version I got installed back in April, eh?

Nice to know they got it right back then. Even with DB/DD I haven't had re-indexing
or static or anything... and it STILL remembers Random. :)

And nice to see 2010's finally got the OK as well!

Not everyone is as lucky. My dealer refuses to give me DB/DD and GM has told them that DD isn't for Camaros. So I get static, "..." for song names, and reindexing every single time the Nano crashes, which is all the time. I hate my PDIM. :( However, GM Corporate is working on the case, and hopefully I'll have some kind of resolution soon.

spurscar 10-18-2011 09:34 PM

Might be worth a drive to a few other dealers until you find a better one?