CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   What goes in the empty spaces in the trunk? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622752)

DriftR 02-04-2024 06:42 PM

What goes in the empty spaces in the trunk?

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2024 LT1 and plan on ditching the run flats sooner than later so I added the tire inflator in the pic. If it was a Mustang I would guess extra large dildo and vibrator... but what exactly goes in the 2 spots where the arrows are pointing... :stang:

DorsoDuroJohn 02-04-2024 06:54 PM

the one on the right would be the tow hook i believe they provide for everything BUT the LT1. I could easily be mistaken. And i think mine came with a black fuel nozzle also that would go in the top part with velcro.

who knows, i drink alot!

alexTop 02-04-2024 07:37 PM

the one on the top for the jack maybe?

arpad_m 02-04-2024 08:16 PM

Yes, the right one is for the tow hook and the top one for the scissor jack, both optional.

GroundhogSS 02-04-2024 08:45 PM

The top one works good for a torque wrench. Wrapped in foam to keep it from rattling.

Whoomba 02-05-2024 07:08 AM

My 2SS has the tow hook on the right but since it has the run flats it doesn’t need the jack on the top I guess. Yeah right.

Deacon Blues 02-05-2024 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoomba (Post 11401353)
My 2SS has the tow hook on the right but since it has the run flats it doesn’t need the jack on the top I guess. Yeah right.

Has anyone ordered from Modern Spare? I've been mulling it over, but it seems awfully pricey.

Gunkk 02-05-2024 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftR (Post 11401270)
I have a 2024 LT1 and plan on ditching the run flats sooner than later so I added the tire inflator in the pic. If it was a Mustang I would guess extra large dildo and vibrator... but what exactly goes in the 2 spots where the arrows are pointing... :stang:

ZL1 owners can put our spring spacers in the top slot (orange). Tow hook goes on the right.

Trivia question: what year did they stop putting the RPO build sticker on the ramp part of the tray?

Bumbleboy92 02-05-2024 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For 2019+ LT cars there is no tow hook as you cannot reach the tow hook behind the bumper and there’s no access panel like other years and trims

Here’s what’s under mine for a 1LE

Attachment 1145995

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 11401452)
ZL1 owners can put our spring spacers in the top slot (orange). Tow hook goes on the right.

Trivia question: what year did they stop putting the RPO build sticker on the ramp part of the tray?

2019/2020 they changed it to a QR code on the driver door jam

Capricio 02-05-2024 04:39 PM

Has anyone actually stuffed a scissor jack in that space? How much did you have to cut up the styrofoam?

len_eng 02-05-2024 05:28 PM

Hello, I have ordered from Compact Spare. I ordered the full temporary spare kit with the case. I have a coupe so even though it takes up a good deal of space, I am happy to have it since I have gotten rid of my run flats for Michelin Pilot Sports All Seasons. I also purchased one for my wife's Malibu Premier. She had a flat and did have to use the spare which her car did not have from the factory.

NovaSS4spdFan 02-05-2024 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len_eng (Post 11401550)
Hello, I have ordered from Compact Spare. I ordered the full temporary spare kit with the case. I have a coupe so even though it takes up a good deal of space, I am happy to have it since I have gotten rid of my run flats for Michelin Pilot Sports All Seasons. I also purchased one for my wife's Malibu Premier. She had a flat and did have to use the spare which her car did not have from the factory.

So telling that even owners of new vehicles are dumping or plan to dump the runflats. As a retiree, I'd rather not waste over a grand plus deal with the hassle.
So thoroughly P.O.ed at GM for equipping vehicles since 2016 with these trouble prone tires.

Whoomba 02-05-2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len_eng (Post 11401550)

Having a convertible, where would the spare fit with the flap?

speedyink1 02-05-2024 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 11401452)

Good idea, I can stop looking at those damn things randomly sitting in my house (didn't want to turf em). Fits pretty nice in there looks like