Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any other teens getting one? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13872)

Ant 02-19-2009 09:09 AM

Any other teens getting one?

I'm 18 and I plan on getting a V6, preferably a 2LT. I have one on order, but I may have to cancel if I don't get a job within the next month, because I don't have enough for a down payment.

How do you plan on paying for it, and which model/colors are you getting?

Muscle Master 02-19-2009 09:14 AM

Im will be 18 7th of April

If the local chevy dealership gets one in may, I will most likely consider a 2SS RS semi Loaded. $36,000 is my max, If not I'm getting an R/T Challenger fully loaded

weedwacker13 02-19-2009 10:28 AM

Im 18 right now, 19 in the summer, just dont make enough at the job to carry monthly payments. Have close to $6,000 saved up right now. Even if I could get the car, insurance will prob kill me. So I will probubly be looking used in a year or so. Idealy I would want a 2SS, no options either in black or summit white.

Im also looking for a seconed summer job, and hoping the market turns around. Curse all the people who told me to invest my money. HA!

Anyway, If I make alot more money than I am expecting this summer, I will try to get one new. My Uncle is an employee, so I can get that discount. I would still need to get my monthly payments under $500 though.

Anyway good luck to all the kids out there trying to get one. Just be patient, its killing me, but what ever you do, dont dig your self in a hole.

PQ 02-19-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedwacker13 (Post 297962)
dont dig your self in a hole.

:word:and be very careful, especialy on a wet road. :thumbsup:

SIK07GTSTANG 02-19-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 297980)
:word:and be very careful, especialy on a wet road. :thumbsup:

Seriously, I spun my 07 GT out on a slightly-wet road and I've taken numerous advanced driving courses. If I can spin out a 300hp Mustang with TCS on imagine what these 16, 17 year olds will do with 426. :confused0068:

seeknay2000 02-19-2009 10:57 AM

I just turned 21 - I'll bet getting one late in this year - I saved up to pay for it in cash. Just my two cents - if you don't have enough for the down payment I would either wait, or get a cheaper more efficient car for now. You're going to need money for: Down payment, taxes, destination charge, car payments, insurance payments, oil changes, repairs/upgrades etc....even a flat tire will probably set you back $200.
Not to mention if you lose your job or can't get one - last thing you want is to watch your baby get towed away :(

UCI CamaroFan 02-19-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 297857)
Im will be 18 7th of April

If the local chevy dealership gets one in may, I will most likely consider a 2SS RS semi Loaded. $36,000 is my max, If not I'm getting an R/T Challenger fully loaded

Hah, I thought that a 2SS/RS was fully loaded.

watch out if you plan to do that... tax is likely to tip you over your budget.

By the way, I am 20 and I have a 1SS/RS on order. I'm considering on changing it to a 2SS because I want leather seats, but we shall see if the powers that be (parents) will have it. I'm a full time student and I managed to snag a full ride scholarship, so my parents have offered to get me a Camaro (as they do not have to pay for my education out of pocket).

Zabo 02-19-2009 01:50 PM

Graduating in December; may trade the Exploder in for purchase during the winter months from a dealership that had connections with my dad.

Hopefully they'll have RJT on the lot. If not I plan to order an m6 1SS RJT w/ Neutral interior. Going to look into custom neutral matched pin-striping later on down the road. 4 pack and HUD are also going in from the dealership post purchase. Pity I won't be able to get the GMPP Exhaust..

FenwickHockey65 02-19-2009 01:54 PM

Yes, I'm 17 and getting one. But not for a few years.

kdbolt70 02-19-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan (Post 298033)
Hah, I thought that a 2SS/RS was fully loaded.

watch out if you plan to do that... tax is likely to tip you over your budget.

By the way, I am 20 and I have a 1SS/RS on order. I'm considering on changing it to a 2SS because I want leather seats, but we shall see if the powers that be (parents) will have it. I'm a full time student and I managed to snag a full ride scholarship, so my parents have offered to get me a Camaro (as they do not have to pay for my education out of pocket).

Man, I wish my parents had done that. I got a full ride to college, worth about 40k, and I didn't see a dime of it :\ all I got was my dad doing a happy dance when I opened the scholarship letter.

Now I'm 22 and buying my 2SS with my own money, though my dad is cosigning with me.

Sizzox 02-19-2009 01:55 PM

Well I was gonna get a 2SS/RS and I'm 19 but when I went to the dealership last week I sat in a vette and got it instead haha so now I got a vette in my garage. Was a great deal with 0% financing. Insurance is only 70 bucks a month too. I'm a mechanical engineer.

kdbolt70 02-19-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizzox (Post 298238)
Well I was gonna get a 2SS/RS and I'm 19 but when I went to the dealership last week I sat in a vette and got it instead haha so now I got a vette in my garage. Was a great deal with 0% financing. Insurance is only 70 bucks a month too. I'm a mechanical engineer.

Insurance only $70/mo on a vette for a 19 year old??

mefox3 02-19-2009 01:58 PM

I'm 17, and as a deal I made with my parents I need to work all summer to help pay for it.

Sizzox 02-19-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdbolt70 (Post 298240)
Insurance only $70/mo on a vette for a 19 year old??

Yes I know we went back and had it checked twice to make sure but it is considered a luxury vehicle so that's why it is so cheap. I have a 1998 blazer that cost me 80 bucks a month for liability. It makes no sense but I'm not complaining haha