Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Vararam installed!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115223)

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-11-2010 07:07 PM

Vararam installed!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, just finished installing the Vararam no tune intake. Overall it was pretty easy to install. The hardest part was getting the intake into the throttlebody rubber hose, but it wasn't too bad. I was a little apprehensive at getting this intake due to all the past problems. However, after getting it installed, firing up the LS3 it purred like a kitten. I let it idle for about 10 minutes per the instructions and then took her out for a ride. Now I did not get on it as the instructions say don't do that for a few miles, but I will tell you she drove smooth as glass. No idling problem whatsoever. My Cherrybomb Extreme exhaust is even a little bit louder. I am 100% satisfied with with this intake. The one thing I would suggest though is to NOT install the MAF sensor until AFTER you have the intake all in place. You have to use a screwdriver to pry the intake into the throttlebody hose and I scratched up the metal plate on my MAF while doing that. :rolleyes: It was only cosmetic damage, but had I not removed it, I could have done some real damage. If you have any questions let me know. Here are some pics.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 11-11-2010 07:10 PM

You will like it a lot.

steeleshark2 11-11-2010 07:19 PM

Yes you will!! Very nice looking!!

SlowSS 11-11-2010 07:22 PM

I think one day I will be getting one of these! They look so nice

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-11-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSS (Post 2538785)
I think one day I will be getting one of these! They look so nice

It cleans up the engine bay so much. It looks amazing in person. :thumbup:

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-11-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2538722)
You will like it a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeleshark2 (Post 2538773)
Yes you will!! Very nice looking!!

Thanks! :thumbup:

IndeedSS1 11-11-2010 07:32 PM

Looks good.:thumbsup:

How easy is it to remove the filter for cleaning?

Do you have a scanner? If you do, after a few days and the fuel trims have settle in, can you let us know how what they are?

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-11-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 (Post 2538814)
Looks good.:thumbsup:

How easy is it to remove the filter for cleaning?

Do you have a scanner? If you do, after a few days and the fuel trims have settle in, can you let us know how what they are?

Yep, I have a dashhawk and will be monitoring this. I will let you know. Not sure about the cleaning. Looking at it though, there are two screws on either side that house the filter. Does not look too difficult to do. :iono:

nyny69 11-11-2010 08:02 PM

Very nice

IndeedSS1 11-11-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2538830)
Yep, I have a dashhawk and will be monitoring this. I will let you know. Not sure about the cleaning. Looking at it though, there are two screws on either side that house the filter. Does not look too difficult to do. :iono:

Cool on the fuel trims.

I've been looking at the pictures of the intake for a while and just wondered what you'd have to remove to gain access to the filter. The install looks easy enough, that even if once a year you had to completely remove the intake to clean the filter it wouldn't be a big deal.

I assume you have the good MAF? I checked mine last night and it is one of the good ones.

Allen English 11-11-2010 08:11 PM

That looks nice. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

xxlbeerz 11-11-2010 08:12 PM

Looks odd (is it sitting on plastic or some sort of flap?)... but the dyno don't lie! :bow:

steeleshark2 11-11-2010 08:16 PM

The only thing I haven't figured out what to do with the open space where the stock filter assembly sat.

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 (Post 2538946)
Cool on the fuel trims.

I've been looking at the pictures of the intake for a while and just wondered what you'd have to remove to gain access to the filter. The install looks easy enough, that even if once a year you had to completely remove the intake to clean the filter it wouldn't be a big deal.

I assume you have the good MAF? I checked mine last night and it is one of the good ones.

There are two screws on either side of the intake. I believe if you undo those screws you will be able to pull apart the intake and gain access to the filter. Yep, I checked my MAF before I ordered and I had the good one. :thumbup: I tell you it runs great!