Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Corpus Christi Meets and Greets (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251976)

Witchdoctor92 06-30-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 6733286)
I'm sorry that I didn't make it out tonight. Trying to change my sleep pattern has given me a massive headache...

I hope everyone is safe!

Tara:love:

Missed you there. Hope the sleep pattern is clearing up. Good showing last night at A&W. Hope to see you at Autorcross next weekend.

usnatclee 06-30-2013 06:45 PM

I'll post the slip when I get a chance but my best was 13.1 at 108mph. My 60ft was 2.1. If I had drag tires I am sure I could pull low 12s. Right now I spin slightly off the line and chirp 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It was fun though. Lots of cars.

mp51998 07-01-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee (Post 6736026)
I'll post the slip when I get a chance but my best was 13.1 at 108mph. My 60ft was 2.1. If I had drag tires I am sure I could pull low 12s. Right now I spin slightly off the line and chirp 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It was fun though. Lots of cars.

Not to shabby for a first time. Did you only get one run or was that the best? I'm afraid to see what my times will be. I'm sure the 60' time will bad until I learn how to ease off the clutch without doing a long useless burnout. Keep it up. You'll get faster. Oh and do be careful if you get DR's. They tend to accentuate the wheel hop these cars are known for. The auto is less pronounced than the manual but that is a sure fire way to break an axle. Suspension upgrades will be in your future if you plan to continue.

Lethal Racing 07-01-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 (Post 6705906)
How many more of us have to get cammed before lethal just open a shop in Corpus? Franchise opportunity anyone?

I need a backer and would then we may talk about it. That would be some travel time. Not sure what I would do about tuning.....Plus I worry about quality control if I am not there all the time.

Lethal Racing 07-01-2013 08:07 AM

I do appreciate that you guys think that highly of us!!!!

usnatclee 07-01-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp51998 (Post 6737389)
Not to shabby for a first time. Did you only get one run or was that the best? I'm afraid to see what my times will be. I'm sure the 60' time will bad until I learn how to ease off the clutch without doing a long useless burnout. Keep it up. You'll get faster. Oh and do be careful if you get DR's. They tend to accentuate the wheel hop these cars are known for. The auto is less pronounced than the manual but that is a sure fire way to break an axle. Suspension upgrades will be in your future if you plan to continue.

I have already started looking at upgrading the suspension once I sell my CJ5. I am planning on adding upgraded suspension (going to call pedders and see what they recommend), 150 shot, and may or may not run drag radials (would only run them while at the strip).

usnatclee 07-01-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Racing (Post 6737653)
I need a backer and would then we may talk about it. That would be some travel time. Not sure what I would do about tuning.....Plus I worry about quality control if I am not there all the time.

I know a pretty good tuner down here that may be able to help with that.

mp51998 07-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Racing (Post 6737653)

Quality control is what makes your shop so great. That and your excellant customer service. Better off staying where you are. Don't worry, we'll be back. My wife and I both want FI. I'll be hitting you up soon to discuss my thoughts. See you at C5Fest.

usnatclee 07-03-2013 09:25 AM

How is everyone doing this week?

converted 07-03-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee (Post 6746560)
How is everyone doing this week?

Doin good here bud how yall is? Just waiting on sat. Auto-x! Been meaning to ask you did yall run the vette the other night as well or just your car?

usnatclee 07-03-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by converted (Post 6746592)
Doin good here bud how yall is? Just waiting on sat. Auto-x! Been meaning to ask you did yall run the vette the other night as well or just your car?

Just ran my car. Didn't feel like driving both cars up.

Jerry7297 07-03-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee (Post 6746693)
Just ran my car. Didn't feel like driving both cars up.

Who all went to the track with you? Do we know any of them?

Did anyone make a pass in your car to better give you pointers? I know one of these years I will make it out and I will need pointers.

usnatclee 07-03-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry7297 (Post 6747522)
Who all went to the track with you? Do we know any of them?

Did anyone make a pass in your car to better give you pointers? I know one of these years I will make it out and I will need pointers.

No, I never let anyone drive my car other than my wife. You don't know any of the guys that went (I don't think), the buddy you have that owns the mustang gt might.

LeanPocket 07-03-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee (Post 6736026)

With some seat time and better DA/temps on stock tires you could've hit 12.9 easy. Your trap speed is very high for a 13.1 car for the da/temps that day.

Were you flashing at idle? Stalling up? Traction/stability control off?