Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dialing Failed with HTC One M8 and MyLink (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370706)

BaldCamaroStud 07-28-2014 12:13 PM

Dialing Failed with HTC One M8 and MyLink

I have an HTC One M8 paired with my 2013 SS with MyLink/Nav. I am unable to use voice commands to dial. For example if I say "Call so and so on mobile", it will try to execute the command but then say "dialing failed".

I can make calls every other way. I tend to switch phones often, but this is the first time I've run into this issue. Does anyone else that has an HTC One M8 paired to their car have this too?

As a side note I've tried this with the AT&T version and the Sprint version of the M8.

GriffJ 08-04-2014 07:32 PM

I have my HTC One M8 paired to MyLink/Nav and it works as expected with voice dialing.

JasonsEpicLife 08-10-2014 07:48 AM

I have a M8 but not mylink, I have noticed tho when I use VC from the phone it just says "Thank you" and returns back to normal. I work for att and I havent had any customers with this issue...yet. do you know if the mylink is trying to use the factory VC on the M8 or the OK Google VC?

k818mn1 08-11-2014 09:17 AM

I had the same issue with my HTC One M7 and Mylink. It only started happening when I updated the Android OS on my phone to KitKat. The solution is to delete all special characters such as ()- from all your contact phone numbers, leaving only the digits. Then unpair and repair your phone with Mylink and allow it to reload all your contacts. That fixed it for me.
I'm not sure why it works, but Android KitKat messed with the bluetooth interface somehow and Mylink doesn't like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaldCamaroStud (Post 7849596)
I have an HTC One M8 paired with my 2013 SS with MyLink/Nav. I am unable to use voice commands to dial. For example if I say "Call so and so on mobile", it will try to execute the command but then say "dialing failed".

I can make calls every other way. I tend to switch phones often, but this is the first time I've run into this issue. Does anyone else that has an HTC One M8 paired to their car have this too?

As a side note I've tried this with the AT&T version and the Sprint version of the M8.

BaldCamaroStud 08-12-2014 12:23 AM

Good info to know. But as I said in the OP, I change phones frequently LOL. I have an LG G3 now... Since mine's not my daily driver, I'll try it again this weekend, but not expecting any issues.

BaldCamaroStud 08-12-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonsEpicLife (Post 7880433)
I have a M8 but not mylink, I have noticed tho when I use VC from the phone it just says "Thank you" and returns back to normal. I work for att and I havent had any customers with this issue...yet. do you know if the mylink is trying to use the factory VC on the M8 or the OK Google VC?

If I was a betting man I would say it's trying to use the factory VC. Since the only way to activate the Google VC by voice is by saying "Ok Google"...?

On a slightly different topic, I had found that the Car app works okay with my setup. It was able to read texts to me and give me the chance to voice reply but it was very spotty.

JasonsEpicLife 08-13-2014 09:01 AM

Car app?

BaldCamaroStud 08-17-2014 01:20 PM

some versions of the m8 have an app that's just labelled car

2014rs/ss 10-12-2014 11:29 AM

This may be an associated problem with the m8/MyLink. I like using Pandora via Bluetooth. It keeps dropping the connection. Says network appears to be unavailable. My phone works fine in my truck playing Pandora through an auxiliary cable. So I know it's not a problem with 4g connection. Is the issue with the M8 and kit Kat? Or is the issue with the MyLink system? frustrating!