Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   New Tire Mounting Issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554562)

2013ZL1FUN 05-16-2019 11:06 PM

New Tire Mounting Issues

Has anyone had any problems with tire stores damaging their ZL1, say with the lift the cars go up on during wheel removal process? I just want to insure things end up right. I know that there only certain points you can lift these cars from without damaging them. Thanks in advance.

Deputy347k9 05-17-2019 06:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN (Post 10520926)
Has anyone had any problems with tire stores damaging their ZL1, say with the lift the cars go up on during wheel removal process? I just want to insure things end up right. I know that there only certain points you can lift these cars from without damaging them. Thanks in advance.

When I first purchased my 2014 Convertible I had heard some wild stories of dealerships as well as local garages jacking of lifting our cars without using the proper jack locations. I believe thee was one photograph some time ago of one owner's Camaro that actually fell of the Dealer's lift.

Placing a floor jack or lift arms in the wrong locations could very easily cause damage to the factory seams.

Even though I read the owner's manual and I knew the proper jack points I wanted to MAKE SURE anyone that worked on my Camaro also knew. For this I purchased a complete set of the RED lift pads from ZL1Addons. My Camaro is Ashen Gray so the Red lift pads really stick out, I want them visible! I will post one picture that if you look closely you can just barely see one mounted at the rear of the car. Recently when I took my Camaro to the dealership to have the brake fluid flushed I told the tech, "make sure you use the installed red jack pads for lifting the car. After the job was completed the very same tech said to me "those jack pads are really nice, takes the guessing away"! OMG

Will be money well spent!

JB'sZL1 03-16-2020 12:33 PM

Rather than bargain shopping, you need to go to a good shop w/ expensive rims. Any hack can remove a tire and mount it. Care must be taken w/ expensive rims.

Have this shop buy you two new rims and go to a proper tire shop.

MADDOGG79 04-03-2020 02:39 AM

I bought another set of wheels for a drag set up but was wondering how it would work as far as having the TPMS set up. Can you have that many sensors programmed to you car.

eyebuck 05-14-2020 02:21 PM

You have to pay attention to what type of TPMS is on the vehicle. If the sensor is at the valve, it has the potential to be damaged.

ZMEnow 05-14-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOGG79 (Post 10759107)
I bought another set of wheels for a drag set up but was wondering how it would work as far as having the TPMS set up. Can you have that many sensors programmed to you car.

I have always had two sets, but bought a program tool for under 100 bucks.

gillanubhav4 01-11-2022 02:03 AM

Can you have that many sensors programmed to you car. hellodear.in

teatv.ltd