Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Savannah GA Meet (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207136)

Kiowa88 10-07-2012 08:59 PM

Sorry I couldn't make it. How was the meet??

DenaliR1 10-07-2012 09:13 PM

Kiowa. It was awesome. Ate at hooters. Had a good scenic ride to river street. And obviously everyone was staring. Then went to hutch island to take a couple of laps and pics. And apparently my car has a new nickname. "Ninja". Compliments of habunow1.

tjk_art 10-08-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiowa88 (Post 5665758)
Sorry I couldn't make it. How was the meet??

Not bad, the track was awesome. Only downside was habunow1 having us meet kind of out of the way. :bellyroll:

DenaliR1 10-09-2012 03:52 PM

Guess who got their K&N CAI today???

Horriblecreation 10-09-2012 05:25 PM

^^ damn I love going on that track. I'll be there next time.


Which dealership to you guys go to for any warranty work? I went to coastal chevrolet and after a 2 minute conversation with the service tech, I took my keys back and told him that I was lucky as hell that he hadn't worked on my car yet. Guy was a ****tard.

tjk_art 10-10-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5673059)
Guess who got their K&N CAI today???

guess who got two 7mm bolts in the mail yesterday... be jealous

Roll_the_Dice 10-10-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horriblecreation (Post 5673446)
^^ damn I love going on that track. I'll be there next time.


Which dealership to you guys go to for any warranty work? I went to coastal chevrolet and after a 2 minute conversation with the service tech, I took my keys back and told him that I was lucky as hell that he hadn't worked on my car yet. Guy was a ****tard.

I have only had to take my car in twice, but I take it to Dan Vaden. I usually deal with Bob R. He is a good guy and will treat you right. Even though Dan Vaden owns Coastal Chevrolet....:yikes:

tjk_art 10-13-2012 11:11 PM

Just found this on the hutchington track.. there's a reopening at the end of the month-

"Where: The newly reopened racetrack on Hutchinson Island adjacent to the Westin Resort & Spa.

When: Oct. 30-31 in Savannah, Nov. 1-2 in Hilton Head, S.C.

What: The two-day vintage track exhibition will offer everything for the avid performance car fan. The festival will feature exhibition laps at high speeds and a centennial celebration of the Great Savannah Races. Fans can also drive the course in their own vehicle or ride on a "hot lap," a race-speed lap around the track with a driver.

The Hilton Head days will feature a sports and classic car auction and a car club jamboree. The weekend will conclude with the Concours d'Elegance, where 150 vehicles of the best national and international vintage (pre-1979) cars and motorcycles compete for the best of show title.

If You Go: Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the gate the day of an event, or by purchasing a two-day pass (Nov. 1-2) for $50 or an all-access pass for all four days for $55.

For more information or tickets, call 843-785-SHOW (7469) or visit www.hhiconcours.com."

spaznasty 10-14-2012 08:34 PM

looks like i missed a good meet. ill do my best to be at the next one.

Horriblecreation 10-17-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjk_art (Post 5691246)
Just found this on the hutchington track.. there's a reopening at the end of the month-

"Where: The newly reopened racetrack on Hutchinson Island adjacent to the Westin Resort & Spa.

When: Oct. 30-31 in Savannah, Nov. 1-2 in Hilton Head, S.C.

What: The two-day vintage track exhibition will offer everything for the avid performance car fan. The festival will feature exhibition laps at high speeds and a centennial celebration of the Great Savannah Races. Fans can also drive the course in their own vehicle or ride on a "hot lap," a race-speed lap around the track with a driver.

The Hilton Head days will feature a sports and classic car auction and a car club jamboree. The weekend will conclude with the Concours d'Elegance, where 150 vehicles of the best national and international vintage (pre-1979) cars and motorcycles compete for the best of show title.

If You Go: Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the gate the day of an event, or by purchasing a two-day pass (Nov. 1-2) for $50 or an all-access pass for all four days for $55.

For more information or tickets, call 843-785-SHOW (7469) or visit www.hhiconcours.com."


what the ****..... as soon as I'm stuck going to Ft. Polk for a month the track opens up.....

DenaliR1 10-17-2012 02:56 PM

Hey you local guys... Any one got a stock SS M6 exhaust???????

tjk_art 10-18-2012 07:14 PM

am I the only C5 member going to the car show at southern motors honda this weekend?

Jer4251 10-18-2012 08:04 PM

didnt know about it, what time is the show, i see its 10-4

also a car show at the seafood festival this weekend in richmond hill

tjk_art 10-18-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 5710605)
didnt know about it, what time is the show, i see its 10-4

also a car show at the seafood festival this weekend in richmond hill

yeah you gotta register between 10-12 though. $20

DenaliR1 10-19-2012 04:19 PM

What y'all think??

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...BF76CDB580.jpg

DenaliR1 10-19-2012 07:09 PM

I blacked out the wheels

Roll_the_Dice 10-19-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjk_art (Post 5710400)
am I the only C5 member going to the car show at southern motors honda this weekend?

I would go, but I have been planning to go to Milledgeville this weekend for a car show for about a month. Have fun! Let us know if you win!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5714245)
I blacked out the wheels

Looks good!!

Horriblecreation 10-20-2012 06:38 AM

i think I'm going to the southern motors one.... Just have to distract the mrs. with a hair appointment first....

Horriblecreation 10-20-2012 05:35 PM

saw your car there tjk, why didnt you have it in the show?! You ever get the bowtie in the mail?

tjk_art 10-20-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horriblecreation (Post 5717056)
saw your car there tjk, why didnt you have it in the show?! You ever get the bowtie in the mail?

I didn't see you or your car at the show?? but yeah i did! I still need to drill out the back so i can cook it and pop out the gold center to paint. I didn't last time and it looks bad.

I was in the show, they took my nametag after they judged so they knew who they hadn't judged yet. no trophies here :thumbdown:

spaznasty 10-20-2012 11:28 PM

so, whens the next meet?

DenaliR1 10-20-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaznasty (Post 5718121)
so, whens the next meet?

November 4, Sunday. Anyone got any ideas on what we wanna hit up or do???

Horriblecreation 10-21-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjk_art (Post 5718027)
I didn't see you or your car at the show?? but yeah i did! I still need to drill out the back so i can cook it and pop out the gold center to paint. I didn't last time and it looks bad.

I was in the show, they took my nametag after they judged so they knew who they hadn't judged yet. no trophies here :thumbdown:

I was there from about 1:30 to 3:00....my interior is taken apart trying to get these carbon fiber pieces in, although after seeing the ricer and 30" rim competition, I feel like I should have entered anyway. Liked the ZL1 front you had man.

tjk_art 10-21-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horriblecreation (Post 5718750)
I was there from about 1:30 to 3:00....my interior is taken apart trying to get these carbon fiber pieces in, although after seeing the ricer and 30" rim competition, I feel like I should have entered anyway. Liked the ZL1 front you had man.

haha thanks. and yeah i did not agree with most of the trophies besides that 69 camaro getting the best classic

tjk_art 10-21-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5718127)
November 4, Sunday. Anyone got any ideas on what we wanna hit up or do???

b&d burger..? and the track for sure

only the beSSt 10-21-2012 08:24 PM

Hey. I figured I would introduce myself here as well. I live in Richmond Hill, but I'm stationed at Hunter in Savannah. I'd love to catch you guys at the next meet. I don't have a Camaro yet, but I'd love to drool over yours and gather ideas for my future car.

DenaliR1 10-22-2012 05:54 AM

Sounds good brother. Car meets are the first Sunday of the month. Show time is normally around 1100. Your more than welcome to roll with me if you want. A few of us meet up every saturday night too. Also I know of a few camaros for sale if your interested. Jeremy has one for sale. It amazing.

only the beSSt 10-22-2012 11:23 AM

Sweet. I'll definitely take you up on that.

Where are the meets?

DenaliR1 10-22-2012 12:26 PM

We normally meet up at the old hummer dealership off of hwy 17.

Horriblecreation 10-22-2012 12:28 PM

I'll be at JRTC that weekend..... but I'll finally be in for December!

DenaliR1 10-22-2012 12:30 PM

Ok cool. Dec 2 will be my last ride for a while as I am deploying. :(

Horriblecreation 10-22-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5722840)
Ok cool. Dec 2 will be my last ride for a while as I am deploying. :(

Ya me too, doing a nice road trip to AZ before I leave to give the car to the parents. My dad is of course sad I'm leaving, but he's going to drive my car into the ground while I'm gone lol.

only the beSSt 10-22-2012 08:31 PM

I'll be placing the order for my Camaro during the upcoming deployment.

tjk_art 10-22-2012 11:06 PM

Just ordered a ported thorttle body and Black Ice-olator from Chase at Apex...

I know roll_the_dice has the TB... anyone here have the black ice-olator?

If not you guys can check it out the next meet!

I go home for winter break on Nov. 15th, so this will be my last one with you guys until February :(

Roll_the_Dice 10-23-2012 06:25 PM

I was going to get the Ice-Olator, but they don't work with the LFX engines... :(

spaznasty 10-24-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5718127)
November 4, Sunday. Anyone got any ideas on what we wanna hit up or do???

you have got to be kidding me dude. are they always the first weekend of the month? if so i will literally never be there. i have drill for the national guard the first weekend of every month.

spaznasty 10-24-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5721764)
Sounds good brother. Car meets are the first Sunday of the month. Show time is normally around 1100. Your more than welcome to roll with me if you want. A few of us meet up every saturday night too. Also I know of a few camaros for sale if your interested. Jeremy has one for sale. It amazing.

where at on saturday nights? im off this saturday.

tjk_art 10-24-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice (Post 5728836)
I was going to get the Ice-Olator, but they don't work with the LFX engines... :(

oh boo hoo.. your engine comes factory with more hp haha

tjk_art 10-24-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenaliR1 (Post 5722812)
We normally meet up at the old hummer dealership off of hwy 17.


you have got to be kidding me dude. are they always that far away? if so i will literally never be there.


:D

only the beSSt 10-24-2012 10:37 PM

For once I'm actually close to something, living in Richmond Hill. It's a 10 minute drive for me


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.