Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Adjustable sway bars (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246322)

Denis 08-26-2012 09:31 AM

Adjustable sway bars

alright so im not to savvy with suspension geometry and stuff along those lines.

im looking into sway bars and end links and i came across the Pfadt sway bars but i noticed they are adjustable. (their end links are adjustable too apparently) i guess the worry i have is having the sway bars and end linksn 'adjusted' incorrectly and run the risk of actually hurting the the handling characteristics of the car. is this a real worry? should i be installing these with weight on the wheels or up in the air? any advice would be great! thanks guys!! :bow:

texas_boss 08-26-2012 09:47 AM

The bars just have 3 holes which can be set in an order of increasing stiffness over the stock sways....just got mine in the mail last week

Denis 08-26-2012 09:52 AM

oooooh so thats what they mean by adjustable? got ya. i was just worried there would be all sorts adjustment points. mad me nervous LOL

L99CAMA2011 08-26-2012 10:04 AM

The new PFadt bars look pretty sweet, maybe you should upgrade to the new rear control arms setup and take advantage of that setup. Any issues with adjustment can be cleared up with the vendor who will also guide you with correct installation.

Apex Motorsports 08-26-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 5494084)
oooooh so thats what they mean by adjustable? got ya. i was just worried there would be all sorts adjustment points. mad me nervous LOL

No, it is pretty straight forward. They are not infinitely adjustable.

bannonm 08-26-2012 04:44 PM

I installed Pfadt racing sways. Start off with keeping the endlinks the same length as the stock ones. Set them in the middle holes of both sways to start. You'll notice a big difference just having better sways over OE.

You should install the sways with the suspension loaded. The rear you should be able to install without having to jack the car up. For the front just put the car up on ramps so you can get under to tighten everything up.

Denis 08-26-2012 08:30 PM

Well if you're using the middle hole on the sway bars and you're keeping the end links at the stock size to begin with, why would you need to do it with the suspension loaded?

Brandon@LSRPerformance 08-28-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 5494035)
alright so im not to savvy with suspension geometry and stuff along those lines.

im looking into sway bars and end links and i came across the Pfadt sway bars but i noticed they are adjustable. (their end links are adjustable too apparently) i guess the worry i have is having the sway bars and end linksn 'adjusted' incorrectly and run the risk of actually hurting the the handling characteristics of the car. is this a real worry? should i be installing these with weight on the wheels or up in the air? any advice would be great! thanks guys!! :bow:

PM sent.

Denis 08-28-2012 10:50 PM

Back at ya!

PfadtRacing 08-31-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 5494035)

This procedure really couldn't be easier. We provide adjustable sway bars and endlinks to help folks get the most out of their cars. Depending on which hole in the sway bar you set your endlinks too will adjust the stiffness of the bars. The stiffness of the bars will have an effect on turn in response and overall balance of the car. If your driving the car aggressively and feel that the car is under steering, stiffen up the rear. If the car is pushing when your driving the car hard soften the rear. Sway bar tuning is all about maximizing the amount of grip you have in the front and rear, and finding the balance you're looking for. All of our adjustable sway bar packages come with a sway bar tuning guide to help you get started, and setting the length of the endlinks is really simple as well.

To set your endlink length properly put the car on the ground, on ramps, or on an alignment rack... anywhere the car is going to be sitting at it's normal ride height. Adjust the length of the endlinks so the studs in the hiem joints slide easily into the sway bar and the front strut, or rear control arm. Tighten down the jam nuts and it's good to go!

If you don't want to make adjustments, and just want a plug and play solution you can always setup the car in the middle holes. We have plenty of folks in the field who love the performance of their sway bars and never make adjustments.

Let me know if we can help you with anything else!

Denis 09-01-2012 12:13 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the info!!