Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Improved engine internals before TT ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273437)

Ryan2011RS 01-27-2013 01:46 AM

Improved engine internals before TT ?

I have a 2011 1LT, stock engine internals, at 36000 miles, engine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago but not totally sure what was replaced and what was re-used. But I had blown at least one lifter so my dealer replaced the whole block I believe. I'm getting to the point where I want to start a Twin Turno build. And I'm wanting to start a list on what I need before I start other than the turbo kit . I'm talking stronger pistons, lifters, stronger transmission? Driveshaft? I'm lookin Into upgrading my rear end strengthening it up, but I wanna know what all I'm going to need . Currently my mods are : ARK DT-S cat back, Doug thorley shorty headers, mace 25mm insulator, BBK cold air intake, RX Catch Can w/ oil breather . I'm going to add the ported throttle body, and ported intake manifold in the spring. I'm also thinking about stronger gears? Is that neccessary ? Stronger rear diff? I bought my camaro when I was 17 as my first car I have little experience to forced Induction builds. I'm 19 now and I've just about all videos on twin turbos and superchargers and I've pretty much made up my mind on the RX TT kit. I also want to eventual get the new mace cams . I'm basicay wanting to get all that I can out of my v6 LLT. I want to be in supra territory, as close as I can . I love the sound I'm producing now so I'd like to keep my setup but I've heard how people need wider exhaust the whole way back. I'm not asking for you guys to write me a huge book down to every detail simply just point me in the right direction, OR if you want to really help me out , I would love an explanation or a list of items. Thanks guys and I hope to be up there with the best of the v6s .

Trentin24 01-27-2013 01:49 AM

I offer no help, but any videos of your camaro?

TJ91 01-27-2013 03:11 AM

Hey man I think your ARK is wide enough as far as I remember in terms of a TT set up. As for the forged internals, I think we just got some pistons in ( I know we have them for the LFX for sure)
I don't think your going to need all the forged internals to be honest. Reason I say this is because the LLT is limited by fuel supply and tuning. It's actually really sad because the motor could do soo much. Now if you had an LFX, that motor is a beast. Gretchen got 550rwhp at I think 9psi or maybe it was 13. Imagine if you built that motor and upped the PSI. It would be pushing some SERIOUS numbers (not that 550 isn't serious, I think 550 is amazing)

lscamaro 01-27-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS (Post 6088329)
I have a 2011 1LT, stock engine internals, at 36000 miles, engine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago but not totally sure what was replaced and what was re-used. But I had blown at least one lifter so my dealer replaced the whole block I believe. I'm getting to the point where I want to start a Twin Turno build. And I'm wanting to start a list on what I need before I start other than the turbo kit . I'm talking stronger pistons, lifters, stronger transmission? Driveshaft? I'm lookin Into upgrading my rear end strengthening it up, but I wanna know what all I'm going to need . Currently my mods are : ARK DT-S cat back, Doug thorley shorty headers, mace 25mm insulator, BBK cold air intake, RX Catch Can w/ oil breather . I'm going to add the ported throttle body, and ported intake manifold in the spring. I'm also thinking about stronger gears? Is that neccessary ? Stronger rear diff? I bought my camaro when I was 17 as my first car I have little experience to forced Induction builds. I'm 19 now and I've just about all videos on twin turbos and superchargers and I've pretty much made up my mind on the RX TT kit. I also want to eventual get the new mace cams . I'm basicay wanting to get all that I can out of my v6 LLT. I want to be in supra territory, as close as I can . I love the sound I'm producing now so I'd like to keep my setup but I've heard how people need wider exhaust the whole way back. I'm not asking for you guys to write me a huge book down to every detail simply just point me in the right direction, OR if you want to really help me out , I would love an explanation or a list of items. Thanks guys and I hope to be up there with the best of the v6s .

I don't mean to be a downer or anything but as others have said, crazy hp numbers are just not going to happen because of the fuel issues with the car. Also, since proper tuning for the twin kits isn't available, you can't make the big numbers. You can swap in the v8 rear to give you a stronger rear. We have forged pistons now from RX to lower CR for more boost but since the car is plagued with fuel issues, I don't think it'd be worth it. Might help if you discuss that one with tracy. Don't need to change the gears either unless you want to. If you go twins, gears like the 1LE 3.91s might actually hurt you because you'll just lose traction like crazy. Essentially, you'll make about 400 hp and about 400 tq like every other FI build because that's about when we run out of fuel. A good build to look into for info would be Can't_C_Me's build. He has the exact kit you want but I don't know if his power numbers are an accurate representation because I think he has 2 damaged pistons.

hunterv6 01-27-2013 09:01 AM

Install the twins and go from there. Pistons and lowering compression I think a good ideal to run safe with a set of ported heads. Also as far as fuel we are limited but there are work arounds. It just depends on how much you want to spend how fast you want to go. Traction is going to be your biggest problem. A 400rwhp v6 is good enough for me. Although I am still looking into other ways to make it a little faster.

Can't_C_Me 01-28-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6088429)
I don't mean to be a downer or anything but as others have said, crazy hp numbers are just not going to happen because of the fuel issues with the car. Also, since proper tuning for the twin kits isn't available, you can't make the big numbers. You can swap in the v8 rear to give you a stronger rear. We have forged pistons now from RX to lower CR for more boost but since the car is plagued with fuel issues, I don't think it'd be worth it. Might help if you discuss that one with tracy. Don't need to change the gears either unless you want to. If you go twins, gears like the 1LE 3.91s might actually hurt you because you'll just lose traction like crazy. Essentially, you'll make about 400 hp and about 400 tq like every other FI build because that's about when we run out of fuel. A good build to look into for info would be Can't_C_Me's build. He has the exact kit you want but I don't know if his power numbers are an accurate representation because I think he has 2 damaged pistons.

:thumbsup: and it still pulls nice!! Looking at maybe getting that fixed this spring/summer.

MDV6er 02-14-2013 10:07 AM

Can't we just upgrade the stock LLT Fuel system? Reading all these posts about the llt being unable to go big makes me sad and consider trading in for an ls3

lscamaro 02-14-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDV6er (Post 6159479)
Can't we just upgrade the stock LLT Fuel system? Reading all these posts about the llt being unable to go big makes me sad and consider trading in for an ls3

No, at least not yet. No one's been able to do it yet. I know tracy had said he had a solution but that it was extremely expensive at about 2500 extra over the kit. I'd love to see a car make more power but who knows who will step up because after 400 hp, who knows what will start to give out and when

Ryan2011RS 02-15-2013 12:32 AM

I would love to be one of the first v6'ers to see 6-700 hp. As I'm only 19 I don't have any other expenses , and I'm making really good money I'm thinkin I'm gunna go for it . I talked to Tracy at RX, 7900 TT setup installed, v8 rear diff I believe 2800, and I'm gunna do heads, cams, pistons, and gunna try the upgraded fuel pump so another 2500 I believe he said . This all wont be done till next winter but I'm excited and think I'm gunna try it . I'm already driving my dream car and I'm gunna try to get everything I can out of it , whatever may happen after 400hp will be all R&D for me . I want to see our v6s into supra territory. I've seen v6 supras pushing over a 1,000 hp . How amazing would that be

lscamaro 02-15-2013 01:01 AM

Do you have another car as back up in case this goes bad? I don't mean to be a downer or anything but you are going to venture into uncharted territory so it would be nice to have something to fall back on.

I would love to see you accomplish this though. It would be a great accomplishment for our little engine if it can be done.

Ryan2011RS 02-15-2013 01:57 AM

We have 4 cars here and only me and my brother so I'm good just incase it was to go sour which I'd rather not have that talk whatsoever haah Ill be saving up and I have a good amount from when my grandparents passed so If worst comes to worst I'd have to get a whole new engine, might go bigger if that was to happen. I have to much in my camaro already to just give up if things got real bad . I'm gunna have in depth conversations with many shops around me as well as Tracy from RX and other very well reputable shops who've built things like what I'm imagining .

SC2150 02-15-2013 09:02 AM

Yup. The fuel soultion adds close to $2900 and that is very costly bringing you into SS price territtory, but it is a very robust solution.

Our stroker forged crank is closer to release as well bringing the engine to 4.1L.

:thumbsup:

GretchenGotGrowl 02-15-2013 09:34 AM

Can you be a little more specific in your goals. Are you looking for 600-700 RWHP or BHP. Since you want to do the SS differential swap I am assuming you have an automatic. Those power levels at the wheels will take some major work for the automatic.

OfficiallyTook 02-15-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6163506)
Yup. The fuel soultion adds close to $2900 and that is very costly bringing you into SS price territtory, but it is a very robust solution.

Our stroker forged crank is closer to release as well bringing the engine to 4.1L.

:thumbsup:

Anticipation of ... Well lets just say talk to Tracy at Rx...he's gonna put you where you want to be...I can't wait to get my girl in his shop #thumbsup# and good luck with your build will be watching out...

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2