Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   From the Ashes: The Stig's Ashen Gray ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315302)

The Stig 08-09-2010 02:12 PM

From the Ashes: The Stig's Ashen Gray ZL1

Attention: All right reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please send me a PM

Soon.....

Exterior Mods
  • Apex Motorsports catch can

Exterior Mods
  • Showstoppers front mudguards #320
  • Splitter Guard Washers #348

Interior Mods
  • Carbon fiber wrapped side panels for the center console #290
  • Carbon fiber armrest #307

Lighting Mods[list][*]Gen5 DIY
- 11 watt H11 5,000K #290
- 50 watt PSX26W 5,000K #290
[*]Advanced Automotive Concepts
- Ashen Gray side markers #305

Coming Soon
  • CAI Inc cold air intake
  • Braille lightweight battery
  • Roto-Fab "Plan B" washer fluid relocation kit

The Stig 06-24-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6708041)
I was thinking that as well, you are probably ready for some color, def need something that pops so I assume the metallics are your only option now.

I was a victory red guy since I could drive (and w/e other name chevy had for it, bright rally red, etc), but I saw CRT on a cruze, and now I can never go back to non-metallic paint.

Well this was the issue I ran into. I didn't want to buy a used one - because I would always think of it as "I only bought this because I couldn't afford to get what I wanted." I also knew, if I bought a used one and made compromises on things that I'd eventually trade it in when I was in a better financial position, and taking a trade-in hit twice just seemed kind of redundant to me.

So I talked to Becky, she still had a couple 2013 camaros let on her lot. One of them being a 2013 black 1LE with Nav and the NPP exhaust. Which - was basically perfect, except for being black. This got me thinking......could I swing ordering a 2014 and just doing a long term financing plan? Becky helped me crunch the numbers, and while it'll be very very tight - it's doable.

So without further ado - I have an order placed with Becky for a.....

.....Ashen Gray Metallic......

......ZL1 :happyanim:

The Stig 06-24-2013 12:31 PM

So.......Fiona is the third 5th generation camaro I have owned. Not out of choice mind you (well I mean buying the camaro was my choice, but I was very happy with Kaylee - my second 5th gen). What happened was something that I'll probably remember for a long long time, and even though I wasn't physically hurt - the experience left me pretty beat up.

For anyone who are curious - this is what happened the night I lost Kaylee: Jump to Kaylee's last and final burnout

This led me to purchasing a new camaro, which after some thought I settled on a ZL1 - ordered from Becky D at Rodgers Chevrolet of course :D

The rest as they say - is history.

vroomapunk 06-24-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6708961)
Well this was the issue I ran into. I didn't want to buy a used one - because I would always think of it as "I only bought this because I couldn't afford to get what I wanted." I also knew, if I bought a used one and made compromises on things that I'd eventually trade it in when I was in a better financial position, and taking a trade-in hit twice just seemed kind of redundant to me.

So I talked to Becky, she still had a couple 2013 camaros let on her lot. One of them being a 2013 black 1LE with Nav and the NPP exhaust. Which - was basically perfect, except for being black. This got me thinking......could I swing ordering a 2014 and just doing a long term financing plan? Becky helped me crunch the numbers, and while it'll be very very tight - it's doable.

Get the **** out.

Mindz 06-24-2013 12:41 PM

Congrats on the new order man! You know you're making me, Doug and Chris look bad, right?

HP Turbine 06-24-2013 12:54 PM

Well that is freaking awesome news! congrats on the new to come wheels!

vroomapunk 06-24-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6709043)
100% serious. I mean I had to do it for 72 months, but go big or go home right?

Lol :bellyroll:

You got that right. Its pointless not to go for 72 months when interest rates are next to nothing, theres no downside.

The Stig 06-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP Turbine (Post 6709077)
Well that is freaking awesome news! congrats on the new to come wheels!

Thank you much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6709083)
You got that right. Its pointless not to go for 72 months when interest rates are next to nothing, theres no downside.

I wouldn't say the interest rate I'm getting is next to nothing - but hopefully I'll be able to pay it off before the 72 months.

HP Turbine 06-24-2013 01:18 PM

You factored the price of the fire extinguisher into everything right?

Mindz 06-24-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP Turbine (Post 6709170)
You factored the price of the fire extinguisher into everything right?

:bellyroll:

tramtwo 06-24-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6708961)

And you will name it Phoenix? :w00t:

terry_b 06-24-2013 02:01 PM

Congrats on the ZL1!

JusticePete 06-24-2013 02:07 PM

So the insurance claim is resolved?

fsusmithc2 06-24-2013 02:11 PM

Congrats on the new ride! Not that we're taking a vote but +1 on Phoenix as a name suggestion. Rising from the ashes, as it were. Seems fitting but perhaps too much of a reminder? :noidea:

Anyway I'm sure you'll be back on your wheels in no time. Can't wait to see the personal touch you give to this one! :thumbsup: