Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback + LT=too loud? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331034)

stt816 12-03-2013 03:38 PM

Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback + LT=too loud?
 
I have the Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback. I love how it sounds on it's own but will it be too loud when I add the long tues with high flow cats? If so is there any way I could quiet it down?

Apex Motorsports 12-03-2013 04:12 PM

What is too loud is something that is completely subjective. For me, the answer is no. The Retro Chambered cat back and LT headers are not too loud for me. It is certainly aggressive and is going to turn heads but it is not obnoxious and is not disruptive inside the cabin. If you installed it and did feel that it was too loud for you, you could install a resonator to tone it down.

stt816 12-03-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 7233272)
What is too loud is something that is completely subjective. For me, the answer is no. The Retro Chambered cat back and LT headers are not too loud for me. It is certainly aggressive and is going to turn heads but it is not obnoxious and is not disruptive inside the cabin. If you installed it and did feel that it was too loud for you, you could install a resonator to tone it down.

yeah I'm only 22, guess i need to stop acting like an old man and live it up haha. If i did want to quiet it down, the resonator would be the only option opposed to changing out the catback? How much would it quiet it down exactly, and which resonator would I be getting?

Apex Motorsports 12-03-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stt816 (Post 7233293)
yeah I'm only 22, guess i need to stop acting like an old man and live it up haha. If i did want to quiet it down, the resonator would be the only option opposed to changing out the catback? How much would it quiet it down exactly, and which resonator would I be getting?

:lol: No, there would be all kinds of options but the resonator would probably be the cheapest and most cost effective. Probably $100 or so for the resonator and maybe another $100 to have it installed. I don't know how to quantify exactly how much it would quieten it but it would be noticeable. I would probably go with a 3 inch Magnaflow resonated x-pipe.

Gary B 12-03-2013 06:12 PM

I'm assuming it will be MUCH louder, but thats up to you if its to much or not. Some people think my car is loud..and it IS when I lay into it...but overall, its fine to me.

Schmidty 12-03-2013 06:53 PM

I got my Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust and Stainless Works LT Headers from Apex. I completely agree with Chase. It's aggressive and will get the looks, but its not obnoxious at all. My favorite thing about my car is how she sounds!

stt816 12-03-2013 07:01 PM

Thanks for all the responses, Just got my Jannetty Tune in the mail today, waiting on the long tubes now....would love to hear from more of you with this setup

JCunningham 12-03-2013 07:54 PM

be nice if there was desable specs so we know how loud.

Camarodriver2 12-03-2013 08:49 PM

sound clips please.......

Apex Motorsports 12-03-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 7233654)
I got my Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust and Stainless Works LT Headers from Apex. I completely agree with Chase. It's aggressive and will get the looks, but its not obnoxious at all. My favorite thing about my car is how she sounds!

Thank you for your business. Glad to hear you love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 (Post 7233987)
sound clips please.......

Retro Chambered cat back only




Retro Chambered cat back and Stainless Works Headers 1 7/8" headers with high flow cats.


45thAnniversary2SS 12-03-2013 10:12 PM

I have SW retros with LTs and it is so perfect. Only real loud when getting on it hard and the initial startup. just a nice growl otherwise.

The combo sounds really really good, and the additional power is nice too.

stt816 12-04-2013 05:42 AM

when it does the drive by in that video, it seems to have too much rasp for my liking, would the resonator fix that?

Apex Motorsports 12-04-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS (Post 7234214)
I have SW retros with LTs and it is so perfect. Only real loud when getting on it hard and the initial startup. just a nice growl otherwise.

The combo sounds really really good, and the additional power is nice too.

:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stt816 (Post 7234779)
when it does the drive by in that video, it seems to have too much rasp for my liking, would the resonator fix that?

I can tell you that in person there is no rasp with that system. I think what you are noticing is the sound level peaking out the microphone when the car gets right next to it. But yes, a resonator would eliminate that sort of thing. Make sure you go with high flow cats. They will deepen the tone versus off road pipes.

SSteven 12-04-2013 07:45 AM

Are there any headers you can pair with the retro catback that will give you the horsepower benefit but not impact the sound much?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.