Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC HID Retrofits: Buyer BEWARE!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258191)

C586 11-07-2012 01:32 PM

And who is paying for the shipping?? How much will these lights have cost you in paying somebody to swap them and just shipping?? It's very easy to do yourself so AACs mistake won't cost you more money. We all know they don't care you don't have a car with no headlights and have to pay somebody to swap them.

Shazam613 11-07-2012 01:53 PM

AAC is supposed to be picking up the tab on this one, but for some reason I can't seem to get the call tags sent to me. 3 days later and nothing. Supposed to be coming from UPS. My patience is at its end. Normally the installers in the area would charge about 65 an hour in labor, but the installer has been cool about it so far. I know not to take that for granted. Known him for a while and he feels bad about the issues with AAC. Shipping would be about $25 a headlight with insurance if going through USPS.

At this point and time....I wish I had gone the route of TRS or 2SSRS. I definitely know the next time. On Facebook letting every club member and person I know to not do business with AAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C586 (Post 5783606)
And who is paying for the shipping?? How much will these lights have cost you in paying somebody to swap them and just shipping?? It's very easy to do yourself so AACs mistake won't cost you more money. We all know they don't care you don't have a car with no headlights and have to pay somebody to swap them.

C586 11-08-2012 09:54 AM

So who wants proof AAC is stealing from TRS??

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/albu...achmentid=4012

See this pic??

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...tssection.aspx

Look at custom headlights.....

Apparently AAC did the exact same retrofit and used the same picture?? LMAO

I wonder what else AAC is stealing from other companies that actually know what they are doing??

RatRacer 11-08-2012 10:38 AM

You don't email call tags. You submit them to UPS and the driver shows up at your door with them to affix to the return box, or they snail mail them to you for your drop off convenience.

Shazam613 11-08-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatRacer (Post 5786928)
You don't email call tags. You submit them to UPS and the driver shows up at your door with them to affix to the return box, or they snail mail them to you for your drop off convenience.

Thanks for the info RatRacer. Haven't heard anything from AAC or UPS at this time. Slowly but surely I'm losing patience with this company. Trying to figure out how best to put the word out for potential customers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shazam613 11-08-2012 11:34 AM

I've been in contact with a few site admins and vendors and it seems AAC carries a known reputation for shady dealings and underhanded tactics. Man, I wish I had done my homework better. This is a nightmare, and seems to be no recourse other than the BBB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RatRacer 11-08-2012 11:40 AM

If you paid by CC, you can try going thru them. They are all about protecting their customers.

AndrewTRS 11-08-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam613 (Post 5782349)
Also requested the information for the manufacturer for the projectors. AAC won't provide their supplier but say they are from Morimoto.

We own the Morimoto trademark. Morimoto isn't a company. Silly AAC. :sm0:

camaro2lt 11-08-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synerbee (Post 5788513)
Now, once we figure out where they get their halo rings we will be in business!

CHINA!!!!!! we just need to find the place lol

C586 11-08-2012 07:19 PM

AACs halos are pretty much copies of ones purchased from TRS as well. It's been discussed on hidplanet.

puertoricanfont 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C586 (Post 5788604)
AACs halos are pretty much copies of ones purchased from TRS as well. It's been discussed on hidplanet.

i wish they had 160mm if so i would of bought them for the headlight halos . Im still happy with my flashtech halos tho. Half the price of aac and super bright

muscle96ss 11-09-2012 03:47 PM

I think the fact that AAC hasn't even bothered to respond or defend themselves on this thread speaks volumes!!

Shazam613 11-09-2012 04:48 PM

Finally received the call tags, drove to the nearest UPS store and sent the headlights back to AAC. Waiting to see what comes of this. Will keep you all updated.

puertoricanfont 11-10-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam613 (Post 5791979)
Finally received the call tags, drove to the nearest UPS store and sent the headlights back to AAC. Waiting to see what comes of this. Will keep you all updated.

be prepared to wait a long time to get them back. I sent one of my side marker over 5 weeks ago and still nothing back.