Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   UNOFFICIAL CAUSE OF TRANNY OUT PUT SHAFT ISSUE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33406)

orangeinfernoman 07-20-2009 06:36 PM

UNOFFICIAL CAUSE OF TRANNY OUT PUT SHAFT ISSUE

i just came from my chevy dealer today,i talked with the master

mecanic ,who change my deffect tranny 2 weeks ago!

he said that the tremec tranny need a ball bearing at the end of the tail

of the tranny out put shaft,he sayed ;

THE PLACE IS THERE TO PUT A BEARING

AT THE END ,BUT GM DID NOT PUT THE BEARING:confused0068::confused0068:

manny other tranny got those bearing,but not the camaro tremec tr6060

:readthethread::readthethread: IS THERE SOME GM REPRESENTATIVE OR TRANNY

EXPERTS COULD CONFIRM WHAT I SPECULATE ABOUTBALL BEARING

SUPPORTING THE OUT PUT SHAFT + THE METALURGIC PROBLEM OF THE

SHAFT:popcorn::popcorn:

UCF w00t 07-20-2009 06:41 PM

Here's a translation of the above post for everyone else...

I just came from my Chevy dealer today. I spoke with the master mechanic who changed my deffective tranny 2 weeks ago. He said that the Tremec needs a ball bearing at the end of the tail of the output shaft. He said that there’s already a place there to put a bearing at the end but GM did not put one there. Many other transmissions have it but not the Tremec TR6060 in the Camaro. Is there some GM representative or transmission expert that could confirm this speculation about the ball bearing being related to the metalurginc problem with the output shaft?

Robin Lawrence 07-20-2009 07:51 PM

He is wrong, your tech needs to stick to R&R and leave the engineering to those with the qualifications.

While some race inspired transmissions have a torrington needle bearing in the tailshaft 99% of race and oem transmissions have a bushing.

My 1350 Horsepower LSX Nova has a Liberty clutchless transmission. It also has a bushing in the tailhousing for the tailshaft.

I have run high 11's with my 2010 Camaro. No shaft probelms

Robin

PAUL SS 07-20-2009 08:19 PM

GM didn't forget to put a bearing anywhere in that transmission because they didn't build it! My guess is a bad batch of tail shafts due to improper heat treating process.

OUR72GTO 07-20-2009 08:57 PM

Thank you for the translation.... you could earn a living on here doing that.:facepalm:

camaro5 07-20-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 702558)

:sm0:

Jeffsss 07-20-2009 10:09 PM

What symptoms are owners reporting related to this problem? I am getting some driveline noise when shifting between gears (knocking sound). There is also a rattling/knocking sound when pushing in the clutch pedal when pulling up to a stop in first gear. I assumed this was backlash in the rear end gears but now becoming concerned with these latest announcements. It has made these noises since day one.

orangeinfernoman 07-21-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUR72GTO (Post 703084)
Thank you for the translation.... you could earn a living on here doing that.:facepalm:

ha ha ha :paddle::sm0:

by the way ,is there a chance that your pontiac dealer become a chevy

dealer,if the nearest one is at 50 miles

Ranger 75 07-21-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 702822)
He is wrong, your tech needs to stick to R&R and leave the engineering to those with the qualifications.

While some race inspired transmissions have a torrington needle bearing in the tailshaft 99% of race and oem transmissions have a bushing.

My 1350 Horsepower LSX Nova has a Liberty clutchless transmission. It also has a bushing in the tailhousing for the tailshaft.

Robin

OK Robin, what is the problem?

Hylton 07-21-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 702558)

You have no idea how funny that is to us English Canadians....:laugh:

rayhawk 07-21-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 702822)

Robin

Now you have started it, you have to tell us what you have done to your car so far. :paddle:

MTron 07-21-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 705588)
You have no idea how funny that is to us English Canadians....:laugh:

:word:

Robin Lawrence 07-21-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger 75 (Post 705540)
OK Robin, what is the problem?

In my personal opinion.......

I don't know

And not knowing I don't know if there is a problem.

There will always be isolated cases of parts failure. No matter who is making the part if you make enough of them your going to have a few that are out of spec.

Human nature being what it is I would guess that there are people out there that test the limits of any car or component that they have. I myself fit into this category.

I accept that and stand ready to make the repairs. On the other hand I drive my Duramax Dually with tender loving care because I don't want it the break.

Robin

orangeinfernoman 07-21-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 705767)
In my personal opinion.......

I don't know

And not knowing I don't know if there is a problem.

There will always be isolated cases of parts failure. No matter who is making the part if you make enough of them your going to have a few that are out of spec.

Human nature being what it is I would guess that there are people out there that test the limits of any car or component that they have. I myself fit into this category.

I accept that and stand ready to make the repairs. On the other hand I drive my Duramax Dually with tender loving care because I don't want it the break.

Robin

i dont agree at all with you my friend ,you mist many treads and gm send a notice about that ,so i understand that you works for and by gm,so you have to be friendly in your comments against gm,AND BANALIZED and says something like;

some guys abuse of cars bla bla bla !!!!
BUT BRO WE DID NOT ABUSE OF OUR CARS ,AND OURS CARS WAS AND ARE STILL ENJOYABLE AT 100 %:chevy: