Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ABL (ambient lighting) limited to the doors only? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12724)

StoutFiles 02-02-2009 10:34 PM

ABL (ambient lighting) limited to the doors only?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
ok, i think were all missing something ----->Originally Posted by Croathlete
One interesting that that I was told by Scott's lovely assistant was that Ambient Lighting is now restricted to the door panels and no longer is in the dashboard trim. I don't know if that was mentioned before, but it was news to me.
Has anybody heard this? If GM thinks they're getting off the hook with doing this by being able to say that ABL is still there, I think a lot of people will be pretty annoyed. I know I will.

FenwickHockey65 02-02-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 271913)
ok everyone -- I'm a bit tired -- long days and long nites -- so if this sounds a bit harsh -- sorry:

please stop with the speculation about ambient lighting.

We know you love it.

We love it.

We want it right -- and if it ain't right - then we don't do it or we delay it.

now - I'm going to bed --

*ahem*

UCF w00t 02-02-2009 11:52 PM

I hate to disobey a direct order from the fbodfather himself but I'm starting to believe that this is indeed the case. They have carefully worded scripts that they use at the auto shows and the spiel at the NAIAS (3:30) mentions ABL on the doors but not the dash... not cool.

jeffny09 02-03-2009 12:05 AM

thas messed up

fad1 02-03-2009 12:20 AM

who knows, maybe the light from the door panels make it somehow into the dash. You never know. "Keep the faith"

camaro5 02-03-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

We know you love it.

We love it.

This is not unreasonable.

The ip/door accent panels will be easily changed and/or upgraded.

PQ 02-03-2009 12:34 AM

I don't care that much about ambient lighting. But it's good to see that they are making it a priority due to popular demand.

OUR72GTO 02-03-2009 01:33 AM

It will be there....they may have to build the LS and 1LT 1SS for a few days................ but it will be there.

Matrix 02-03-2009 01:40 AM

If they have it on the door thats enough. There is enough glow in the dash anyway.

Also, did you notice the shark fin was actually rather small :).

Today I saw a bmw with a fin so big :barf: I started laughing!! Then I panicked that that would be the size for the camaro!

StoutFiles 02-03-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

They have carefully worded scripts that they use at the auto shows and the spiel at the NAIAS (3:30) mentions ABL on the doors but not the dash... not cool.
I'm just annoyed because next year they will release a fully functional version of ABL as it should be made and everyone with the '10 Camaro will feel shortchanged. I can take the loss of HUD since it was never promised but to be given half a product and see it fully completed later will be disappointing to say the least.

Milk 1027 02-03-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

ok everyone -- I'm a bit tired -- long days and long nites -- so if this sounds a bit harsh -- sorry:

please stop with the speculation about ambient lighting.

We know you love it.

We love it.

now - I'm going to bed --

I guess this means nothing to everyone but me.

Supermans 02-03-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoutFiles (Post 273185)
I'm just annoyed because next year they will release a fully functional version of ABL as it should be made and everyone with the '10 Camaro will feel shortchanged. I can take the loss of HUD since it was never promised but to be given half a product and see it fully completed later will be disappointing to say the least.

I too would be very disappointed if Ambient lighting is not on the dash as well. We are paying for it that way based on current MSRP...

StoutFiles 02-03-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

We are paying for it that way based on current MSRP...
Agreed. We paid for doors and dash...if we only get the doors then there should be at the very least a price drop.

Zabo 02-03-2009 07:17 AM

I echo Fbod's statement of doing it right, or not doing it at all. If a non-enthusiast sees this, and thinks "Shoddy GM right there, gimmie my bailout back!" then we've just lost sales to the Mustang and Challenger or even the Genesis (god help us).

Just leave it off for now..and if it gets done right later on, go to your dealer and have it installed for a fee. No biggie. Or you can wait. It's not the end of the world guys (and gals).