Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   So were these two finally tested side by side. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255509)

L99CAMA2011 10-14-2012 01:41 PM

So were these two finally tested side by side.
 
3 Attachment(s)
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...2/viewall.html. 1LE vs. Boss 302.

bannonm 10-14-2012 02:13 PM

Not surprising the 1LE is faster. I've raced plenty of 302's in the Shelby club I belong to and they routinely see my tail lights. I'm the only Camaro in the club and no one gives me crap because they know what my car can do. The Boss needs the bigger tires up front like the 1LE to help with understeer, amongst other things.

2cnd chance 10-14-2012 03:15 PM

So they choose the track-car that is:
1. Harder to drive/control
2. Slower around the track
3. And cost thousands of $$$$ more

Who are these people???

Camarowguy 10-14-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5693055)
So they choose the track-car that is:
1. Harder to drive/control
2. Slower around the track
3. And cost thousands of $$$$ more

Who are these people???

Ford fans. Please forgive them as they know no better.

PYROLYSIS 10-14-2012 04:32 PM

Repost. Posted on Aug. 14th. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243878

2cnd chance 10-14-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarowguy (Post 5693156)
Ford fans. Please forgive them as they know no better.

Oh...koolaid drinkers.

PYROLYSIS 10-14-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5693441)
Oh...koolaid drinkers.

It's ok as long as it's GM flavored. :D

Mgizzle 10-15-2012 08:13 AM

There was another internet magazine that compared the two with actual laptimes etc, the 1LE beat the boss by 2.5 sec around gingerman I believe. Not bad.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mob...amaro-ss-1le-2

2cnd chance 10-15-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 5695237)
There was another internet magazine that compared the two with actual laptimes etc, the 1LE beat the boss by 2.5 sec around gingerman I believe. Not bad.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mob...amaro-ss-1le-2

The comments (below) per that article show so much ignorance. I also think its funny how hard some mags try to be "extra" non-biased (advertising $$$$ no doubt). How is a car that's harder to control more fun??? Everything written regarding the Boss and GT500 shows the Mustang chassis is old school. Some will complain about the Camaro's weight, but that chassis is an incredible platform for tracking.

Fenderaddict2 10-16-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5695571)
The comments (below) per that article show so much ignorance. I also think its funny how hard some mags try to be "extra" non-biased (advertising $$$$ no doubt). How is a car that's harder to control more fun??? Everything written regarding the Boss and GT500 shows the Mustang chassis is old school. Some will complain about the Camaro's weight, but that chassis is an incredible platform for tracking.

Having driven both I'd give the tires and wheel track advantage to the Camaro. Ironically the SRA chassis of the Boss feels more nimble, controllable and exhibits better balance.

toehead93 10-16-2012 11:08 AM

I agree if you're comparing to the standard SS but every review I've read says the 1LE has incredible balance compared to the SS and feels mroe nimble due to the suspension and electric assist steering. I'd be crious to get your opinion if you get behind the wheel of a 1LE.

2cnd chance 10-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 5700197)
Having driven both I'd give the tires and wheel track advantage to the Camaro. Ironically the SRA chassis of the Boss feels more nimble, controllable and exhibits better balance.

I'm sure over an SS. Forget the SS without the 1LE package, it's set up for the cruiser not the enthusiast. Apples and oranges.

Mgizzle 10-16-2012 04:41 PM

Keep in minf the 2013 ss suspension changed to, significantly improving the ss handling. The SS has more appropriate street tires than the boss 302 too.

PYROLYSIS 10-16-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgizzle (Post 5701476)
Keep in minf the 2013 ss suspension changed to, significantly improving the ss handling. The SS has more appropriate street tires than the boss 302 too.

I know there were suspension improvements in 2012 but haven't heard anything new about the 2013 SS. How is the 2013 different from the 2012? I think they're the same besides the addition of 1LE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.