Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Got My Diablo Sport Tunner today!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93881)

naga 07-08-2010 05:18 PM

Got My Diablo Sport Tunner today!!!

hey guys I have a question?? the guy who installed the diablo tunner on to my car, he installed the the tune called diablo tunne... is that the right tune for my car?? i mean i have seen 89, 91 and 93 octain tunnes but on my device didnt have anything like that!!! all it had was a tune called diablo!!! so would like to know if that is the correct tune???:help:

mlee 07-08-2010 05:30 PM

That's the 93 tune... so if you are running 93 you are good to go..:thumbsup:

naga 07-08-2010 05:31 PM

awesome thanks man!!!! appriciate that!!!!

maxpower5 07-08-2010 05:44 PM

diablo, superchip, hypertech, etc - these are all flash tunes you can buy and do yourself (not sure why you had someone else install your diablo tune - if you can read, you can do it) - they are all generic tunes - you need a custom tune - send that flash tune back and get a custom tune.

i HAD a diablosport predator - my custom hp tune kicks its ass.

naga 07-08-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpower5 (Post 2073473)
diablo, superchip, hypertech, etc - these are all flash tunes you can buy and do yourself (not sure why you had someone else install your diablo tune - if you can read, you can do it) - they are all generic tunes - you need a custom tune - send that flash tune back and get a custom tune.

i HAD a diablosport predator - my custom hp tune kicks its ass.

I can read :laugh:!!! He installed it so that I could check it out on my way back home!!! i would love to get a custom tune, but the thing is that I do not want to lose my warrenty on my car!!! If something happens to my car i might have to take it back to the dealers and get it fixed, with diablo i can reinstall the factory tune!!!

2SSCAMARO 07-08-2010 06:14 PM

Let me guess..... this thread will now go on for a long long long time!

06MonteSS_2 07-08-2010 06:36 PM

you can get a custom tune made specifically for your car that you can use with your diablo predator! ;)

that way, you can still restore the original backup stock tune to your car at any time, plus have the added benefit of the custom tune with more giddy-up... quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage to boot!

mlee 07-08-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS_2 (Post 2073636)
you can get a custom tune made specifically for your car that you can use with your diablo predator! ;)

that way, you can still restore the original backup stock tune to your car at any time, plus have the added benefit of the custom tune with more giddy-up... quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage to boot!

Nice First Post Monte... Welcome to the Forums...;)

NAGA - enjoy what you have... the Diablo tune is a good one.:thumbsup:

If you get into modding your car some more like LT Headers then you can get a custom tune loaded into your Diablo and still have the ability to restore it to stock any time you want.

maxpower5 07-08-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naga (Post 2073534)
I can read :laugh:!!! He installed it so that I could check it out on my way back home!!! i would love to get a custom tune, but the thing is that I do not want to lose my warrenty on my car!!! If something happens to my car i might have to take it back to the dealers and get it fixed, with diablo i can reinstall the factory tune!!!

i understand your concern - i waited until i had my car almost a year and about 14,000 miles before i wanted to possibly void my warranty. there are many cases that the tune will not void your warranty - but you never know. ive talked to guys that put on performance parts and tune vehicles for a living - they've told me that in many cases, when a camaro they put headers on or tuned or both in which the owner later had a prob, the factory warranty covered it.

in the end you'll obviously do whats right for you. the difference between the diablo tune and the custom hp tune is night and day and i wanted you to know that.

naga 07-08-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS_2 (Post 2073636)

how do i do that!! at the moment i have an atak exhaust and a K&N CAI and possibly LT headers in the future!!! my question is? is it ok to get a custom tune with the mods that i have? because i dont see much of a difference with the diablo stock tune!!!! where and how do i get the custom tune done into my diablo??

naga 07-08-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpower5 (Post 2073981)
i understand your concern - i waited until i had my car almost a year and about 14,000 miles before i wanted to possibly void my warranty. there are many cases that the tune will not void your warranty - but you never know. ive talked to guys that put on performance parts and tune vehicles for a living - they've told me that in many cases, when a camaro they put headers on or tuned or both in which the owner later had a prob, the factory warranty covered it.

in the end you'll obviously do whats right for you. the difference between the diablo tune and the custom hp tune is night and day and i wanted you to know that.

ohhh ok i understand now!! thanks:)

naga 07-08-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2073925)
Nice First Post Monte... Welcome to the Forums...;)

NAGA - enjoy what you have... the Diablo tune is a good one.:thumbsup:

If you get into modding your car some more like LT Headers then you can get a custom tune loaded into your Diablo and still have the ability to restore it to stock any time you want.

the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done???:help: please!!!

maxpower5 07-08-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naga (Post 2074009)
the thing is that I do not see much of a difference with a diablo stock tune and i did not know that I could get a custom tune done for my diablo kit!!! I also would like to know whether is it ok to do a custom tune with the mods that I have (current mods ATAK exhaust, K&N CAI). would love to know if its ok to get a custom tune and where & how can i get it done???:help: please!!!

a custom tune will help your b/c of you exhaust and not sure if it will benefit your cai. you'll prob pick up 15 rwhp from the tune alone. despite the claim that the diablosport predator tune itself will give you 20 rwhp - its just not true - not at all. cant help you with findng someone to help with a custom tune, but i used to live in ft lauderdale - davie specifically.

good luck.

mlee 07-08-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naga (Post 2074009)

You can get a custom tune any time you want, but you've already spent money for a good tune that is about as good as it gets for your car now. Contact Monte or Jannetty Racing and they can send you one through e-mail. I have a Jannetty Tune on mine right now...

You're also not going to notice it in the seat of your pants but you should see improved gas mileage and track times etc. If you have an Auto, the Trans Tune is where you will really feel the difference. Diablo is supposed to have that part complete sometime in the next couple of years.

Also, you have already technically blown your drivetrain warranty... a tune is a tune. I doubt you will have problems though just want to be clear on that. Your original tune is always saved in the Diablo so you can restore, but whether the dealer actually checks to see if it's been tuned before is another story.