Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   SS vs Shelby GT 500 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183307)

air1kdf 11-19-2011 05:54 PM

SS vs Shelby GT 500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY

I know this has probably come up before, but every time I see a burnout on a mustang I see some serious wheel hop. Notice this on the Shelby, also notice how smooth the SS looks. Just seems to me that the mustang is going to break something soon. I had a Lightning, and my first mod was ladder bars because it did the same thing. Doesn't feel very good when it happened in the Lightning.

Bo Tie 1 11-19-2011 06:06 PM

:troll:

SSE 4 2SS 11-19-2011 06:16 PM

I've seen a lot of Mustangs perform a burnout without wheel hop.

All cars are going to wheel hop without the proper setup... Part of what looked like wheel hop in the video seemed to be due to the camera frame rate... I don't think a professional or experienced driver is going to keep going like that...

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.....

air1kdf 11-19-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Tie 1 (Post 4046373)
:troll:

I hope you didn't hurt yourself with your post. :barf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4046401)
I've seen a lot of Mustangs perform a burnout without wheel hop.

All cars are going to wheel hop without the proper setup... Part of what looked like wheel hop in the video seemed to be due to the camera frame rate... I don't think a professional or experienced driver is going to keep going like that...

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.....

I would normally agree, but I'm seeing this all the time. Not just this video.

JoshBobGuptaMarley 11-19-2011 06:32 PM

Is the gt500 the only current answer to the ZL1 that ford has in production?

SSE 4 2SS 11-19-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by air1kdf (Post 4046424)
I hope you didn't hurt yourself with your post. :barf:

I would normally agree, but I'm seeing this all the time. Not just this video.

Might be an agreement between Ford and the aftermarket manufacturers to insure sales... Not really...

I dont know what to say, but it's not an issue I'll loose any sleep over... I might benefit from it... at the race track... :D

Here's one, I really do not know,

Which axle is more prone to wheel hop... the IRS, or the live axle... and all things considered, which is the easiest to fix... ?

I am not looking for nor will I tolerate any arguments in this thread... If you have legitimate relevant information, please feel free to post it up...

air1kdf 11-19-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4046451)

Yes, but I think that saleen is still making modified mustangs, like Henessee is making modified camaro's

L99CAMA2011 11-19-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4046572)
Might be an agreement between Ford and the aftermarket manufacturers to insure sales... Not really...

I dont know what to say, but it's not an issue I'll loose any sleep over... I might benefit from it... at the race track... :D

Here's one, I really do not know,

Which axle is more prone to wheel hop... the IRS, or the live axle... and all things considered, which is the easiest to fix... ?

I am not looking for nor will I tolerate any arguments in this thread... If you have legitimate relevant information, please feel free to post it up...

Mustangs rear control arms took me about 45 mins, way easier than our Camaro SS. And yes that was wheel hop and juttering left to right not frame rates you can even see the rear right exhaust tip vibrating. The rear stock control arms are too flimsy to control the power of those cars, it is a well known thing amongst Mustang owners. Boss 302s have the GT 500 arms which still leaves room for improvement, good news for BMR , bad news for Boss 302 rivals. There is still room for improvement with even the 302s stock setup.

JoshBobGuptaMarley 11-19-2011 07:29 PM

Seems like we're always a step ahead. Wouldnt even matter if the new stang is faster, it's a day late and dollar short, I mean who cares if your always playing catch up anyway.

Mr. Wyndham 11-19-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4046627)
Seems like we're always a step ahead. Wouldnt even matter if the new stang is faster, it's a day late and dollar short, I mean who cares if your always playing catch up anyway.

Because they keep catching up to go *just* a little bit ahead, and then the cycle repeats. It's the way the Industry works...entertaining, really, to sit back and watch. :)

It would seem to me that the Mustang's rear architecture, being such an old design would be easier and cheaper to modify, while the Camaro's more complex rear design would offer more ability to control, expense and simplicity being the trade-off. :iono:

LimaCharlie 11-20-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4046451)

The GT500 is the fastest car offered in Ford's vehicle lineup. GM has the ZL1 and the entire Corvette line.

I always viewed this video as a win for the Camaro. The GT500 was only a 1/10 quicker than the SS, even though it was supercharged and had 120 extra horsepower. Of course, if the cars kept running to 150 MPH, the GT500 would make the SS look real bad.....

SGOS252382 11-20-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4046648)
Because they keep catching up to go *just* a little bit ahead, and then the cycle repeats. It's the way the Industry works...entertaining, really, to sit back and watch. :)

It would seem to me that the Mustang's rear architecture, being such an old design would be easier and cheaper to modify, while the Camaro's more complex rear design would offer more ability to control, expense and simplicity being the trade-off. :iono:

How far can it go?
500hp Mustang GT in the near future followed by the 525hp Camaro SS.

I remember when I thought my new stock 275hp, 1994 LT1 Camaro Z28 was powerful and fast. I would take my friends for rides and they would be like, WOW! I used to say it had a monster under the hood (lol - 275hp V8).

Camaro_Corvette 11-20-2011 10:34 AM

I love it when obviously biased magazines name videos.