Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   STS turbo kit for us 6'rs.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67301)

devildoc 02-23-2010 10:14 AM

STS turbo kit for us 6'rs....

:readthethread:Ok ya'll I think I have some good news for us 6'rs guys. I have just got off the phone with Vernon over at STS and they have a single turbo kit developed for us :thumbup: but are stuck on the tuning. :mad0260: He mentioned that Diablo is their current tuner for the turbo kits but they are stuck on some of the finalization of it. So I told him about Vince at Trifecta and he said he would shoot him a line. Vernon said that STS's top priority is that they give us an outstanding turbo product for a reasonable price. The kit will be a complete bolt-on that goes attaches toward the axle-back of the exhaust. He said that for the SEMA show they actually attached the twin-tubro SS kit to the V6 and had it running but just barely. So this looks really promising. The SS gained 196bhp from the twin turbo kit. Vernon said the rule of thumb he uses with turbo kits is anywhere from 18-22rwhp per psi of boost. So we are looking at around 120-150rwhp:bow:. Just need a damn tune right now! The kit is going to be right at $5995(and thats with all the major accessories and tune) there were only 2 things he recommended to buy along with it but I can't exactly remember them, sorry. So it seems that STS may be the first company with a turbo for us!!

SupremacyCustoms 02-23-2010 10:27 AM

Once its out i will have it for you at a great price i was on the phone with him last week about it. And i will have all the up grades and boost controller!

renderinfo 02-23-2010 10:37 AM

I'm interested in the info. $5995 seems high, but since there is nothing else out (yet), I am waiting. On my casual reading, it seems both Diablo and Trifecta are still perfecting their tunes, and that the "stock" V6 LLT is pretty optimally tuned. Wierdly enough, that makes sense to me as to why it seems such a challenge to tune for an added turbo or supercharger. In my mind, that's the only thing holding up the release of a "commercially" available turbo or supercharger. Still, hoping I can add 100hp (I guess that would be RWHP) for something under $5K, but based on all the info so far, it won't be possible in 2010. Amazing, cause my car is already almost a year old. (Wow, that's a long message for a bump ;) )

pleigh 02-23-2010 10:43 AM

This is great news! It's only a matter of time...

Regardless, when it's finally available, I'm in! :happyanim:

SupremacyCustoms 02-23-2010 10:55 AM

The price is going to be $5995 and you will get around 20 WHP per psi. It will be set to 7 psi so around 140 more whp then stock. If you looking to get one send me a PM.

devildoc 02-23-2010 10:55 AM

Sounds good William on the pricing.
So below is the reply from Vince:

Hi Jacob! Thanks for your email.

I'm actually working directly with the STS's engineering executive on a project where they installed the twin turbo V8 kit on a V6 LLT car. It's not a production kit, but if we make it work, it will prove the concept.
The car is a "show pony" so we're still working on finishing it up due to it being inaccessible, but when I left in January, it was running well, just hitting some torque management issue (that I believe has been resolved, just needs to be tested).

This has all been done remotely, so far, so as long as we work out the torque management issue I am sure we can tune any of them remotely.

- Vince Geglia
Trifecta Performance, Inc.

SupremacyCustoms 02-23-2010 11:00 AM

Very nice. I Will also be doing free shipping. If you want to get a preorder going.

devildoc 02-23-2010 11:10 AM

Yeah, they are basically waiting on this twin-turbo car and I to finish proving it can be done. ;-) I'm not sure how much detail has been communicated on who is working on what and I'm sure STS wants to leave their options open if somebody else suddenly makes tuning available for the LLT.

- Vince Geglia
Trifecta Performance, Inc.

darwin 02-23-2010 01:24 PM

this awesome news cant wait to see results

montej23 02-23-2010 01:39 PM

i am interested in adding this

pleigh 02-23-2010 01:48 PM

I am MORE than willing to pay approx. $43 per RWHP to get another 140 :thumbsup:

Playing devil's advocate...

:needpics:

That and dyno #'s and my credick card and I will be giving you a call....

SlyJester7 02-23-2010 03:02 PM

:popcorn:

Im deff Interested. For that kind of a price i will havta wait on it tho... :cry:

camarowa 02-23-2010 03:17 PM

Looking forward to what STS brings to table. However, at this point I still very much leaning to a supercharger setup (waiting for LPE to come out with an update). Dyno #s and Pics will be very much appreciated when available.

Rdditten 02-23-2010 07:52 PM

We will be selling STS turbo kits also. Installation available. Call for pricing information