Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Color BLACK. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91987)

csjcsj 06-27-2010 02:35 PM

The Color BLACK.

I will never in a million years ever buy a BLACK car, to hard to keep clean, shows everything, and takes a whole lot of elbow grease just to look decent. My Black SS looks gray if the light hits it just right I have polished buffed waxed again and again. Always looks the same. Pissing me off cause it dont look like it did a year ago..... Just venting.....

spacecowby 06-27-2010 02:55 PM

I feel your pain, but when black is clean it's so sexy. I think a qoute I read on Adams Forums sums it up, "a black car is not a hobby, it's a profession"

2010 SSRS 06-27-2010 02:57 PM

definitely a hard color to keep clean, but definitely worth it.

csjcsj 06-27-2010 04:08 PM

Yeah. I believe its a profession, always a chore, and yes it is a sexy a$$ car when clean, just to much work

wylde1 06-28-2010 09:26 AM

I actually love cleaning and spending time with it haha

it's not for everyone though

kryptonian 06-28-2010 09:27 AM

werd i love my black car. it is a chore but dammit do i get the stares and looks when i drive it around. love it man!

BackinBlackSS/RS 06-28-2010 09:28 AM

I LOVE black. The only color for me in this car. Zaino takes real good care of my baby. :D

FenwickHockey65 06-28-2010 09:29 AM

The Envoy's a garage queen for that reason. I only drive her when it's sunny out.

Bond 06-29-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wylde1 (Post 2035198)
I actually love cleaning and spending time with it haha

it's not for everyone though

Me too!
I've been keeping mine in local storage but am buying my first home this coming Friday. It has a double car garage!

I simply told my realtor for search criteria, look for a double car garage with a house attached!

I can't wait to spend some intimate quality time detailing every surface, and going over every line of the car. Especially those quarters! Loves it!!

wylde1 06-29-2010 11:25 AM

My saturdays are usually spoken for if it's nice outside. takes me like 3+hours to get 'er done right

pre-rinse, spray tire cleaner and goo gone for the bugs and let soak, soap and hand wash with microfibre mitt one panel at a time, rinsing often so no soap dries on, scrub brake dust off wheels, hand shammy dry whole car, wet shammy to clean door jambs, trunk and hood gaps, Mcguiars Show Stopper detail spray, Turtle wax tire shine.... and that's just the outside haha I've only had the car since March 26th and already waxed it twice and clay bar'd it once.

it's an obsession... I am not healthy

PQ 06-29-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wylde1 (Post 2040189)
My saturdays are usually spoken for if it's nice outside. takes me like 3+hours to get 'er done right

pre-rinse, spray tire cleaner and goo gone for the bugs and let soak, soap and hand wash with microfibre mitt one panel at a time, rinsing often so no soap dries on, scrub brake dust off wheels, hand shammy dry whole car, wet shammy to clean door jambs, trunk and hood gaps, Mcguiars Show Stopper detail spray, Turtle wax tire shine.... and that's just the outside haha I've only had the car since March 26th and already waxed it twice and clay bar'd it once.

it's an obsession... I am not healthy

Sounds like fun to me. lol

I got a system down. I literaly take about 10 minutes per day, and an hour on the weekend and it stays clean. AND shiny.

My car NEVER looks gray. I've had a few clients ask me how I keep that black so clean all the time. Even my dealer mentioned it. Not hard at all once you get a system down.