Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LS7 availability (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12400)

domano 68 01-27-2009 12:52 PM

LS7 availability

That is LS7, sorry about that!

Can anyone tell me if the LS7 engine is available on the SS model? If so, how much additional? TIA. :chevy:

zebra 01-27-2009 12:54 PM

if you wanna put one in yourself, you can order it from GMPP, but it won't be an option from the factory. i believe the crate engine alone is around $14k

domano 68 01-27-2009 12:54 PM

Maybe some of the dealers will install. :)

LSxJunkie 01-27-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domano 68 (Post 264876)
That is LS7, sorry about that!

Can anyone tell me if the LS7 engine is available on the SS model? If so, how much additional? TIA. :chevy:

No. LS7 Crate motor is around 17k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by domano 68 (Post 264881)
Maybe some of the dealers will install. :)

Absolutely not.

headpunter 01-27-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 265101)

Absolutely not.

you can get them cheaper then that, and some dealers will do the swap...

TheClassicCarKid 01-27-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 265102)
you can get them cheaper then that, and some dealers will do the swap...

Are we talking about a dealer buying a Camaro, installing an LS7, and then putting it on the showroom? Or taking your car to a dealer and have them swap the engines.
Because I'm pretty sure they won't do the first one.

MerF 01-27-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid (Post 265109)
Are we talking about a dealer buying a Camaro, installing an LS7, and then putting it on the showroom? Or taking your car to a dealer and have them swap the engines.
Because I'm pretty sure they won't do the first one.

I took his post as the latter, personally.

pharmd 01-27-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 265101)

Absolutely not.

You must not know my dealer...money talks.

justmeron 01-27-2009 08:20 PM

There was a thread about a dealer in Tx I think the dealership started with an H. They were building a model, I think starting price was like $107,000. Oh and with that you get one day driveing school at the track next door. Not sure, maybe it wasnt on here, but I thought it was here I read it.

headpunter 01-27-2009 10:36 PM

i meant the latter, dealers will swap motors. people need to realize that you need to pay to play. you get something like this done you have to pay for repairs. its not like you can expect to have a car customized and get a warranty to go with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmeron (Post 265368)
There was a thread about a dealer in Tx I think the dealership started with an H. They were building a model, I think starting price was like $107,000. Oh and with that you get one day driveing school at the track next door. Not sure, maybe it wasnt on here, but I thought it was here I read it.

hennesy isnt a dealer, its a tuner company.

LSxJunkie 01-28-2009 02:46 AM

I never meant a dealer wouldn't do it, I meant that he shouldn't even bother asking. Any stealer that actually will do it will bend you over backwards on labor and probably frak it up.

And I lied about the price. Apparently you can get the motor for 13k now. The price has come down. However, it's another 1900 for PCM and assorted other shit. So about 15k for the same amount of power you can make out of a heads/cam package that costs less than half that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 265586)
i meant the latter, dealers will swap motors. people need to realize that you need to pay to play. you get something like this done you have to pay for repairs. its not like you can expect to have a car customized and get a warranty to go with it.

hennesy isnt a dealer, its a tuner company.

Worst. Idea. Ever. I barely trust dealers to change my oil, much less do a complete motor swap. You really want an LS7? Take your money to someone who's not new at this game. Go to an LSx shop. You might even get some semblance of a warranty from the shop, and these are going to be people who are passionate about cars, not just paid a day's wage for a day's work.

headpunter 01-28-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 265815)
I never meant a dealer wouldn't do it, I meant that he shouldn't even bother asking. Any stealer that actually will do it will bend you over backwards on labor and probably frak it up.

And I lied about the price. Apparently you can get the motor for 13k now. The price has come down. However, it's another 1900 for PCM and assorted other shit. So about 15k for the same amount of power you can make out of a heads/cam package that costs less than half that.

Worst. Idea. Ever. I barely trust dealers to change my oil, much less do a complete motor swap. You really want an LS7? Take your money to someone who's not new at this game. Go to an LSx shop. You might even get some semblance of a warranty from the shop, and these are going to be people who are passionate about cars, not just paid a day's wage for a day's work.

i can tell you 4 dealers in my area that i would trust to do these sort of things, i can also tell you 1 dealer i wouldnt give any business to. Really if you are so distrustful of your dealer you need to find somewhere else to give your business too.

CamaroScotty 01-28-2009 06:15 AM

Before you even think about this, you should go TALK to a dealer, and get an idea what they're going to charge you to do this.

Txturbo 01-28-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmeron (Post 265368)

Its not a dealer........its Hennessey Motorsports. They are about 25 miles from my house.