Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help Me Pick An Economy Car (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632)

WMCC Gary 02-09-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 6731)
Thanks, Gary. This was a serious question. I know that GM had a few getting just over that 30 mpg mark, but didn't know which ones. I'd recommend GM over any other to "keep it in the family". It looks like there are a few good choices up there.

NO Problem. I do what I can to help promote the the big 3, especially GM. Because if any one of them goes under, WE will ALL be up a creek with out a paddle. They are a HUGE corner stone in the american economy.

Marosolid 02-09-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 6652)
it's a box on wheels. . .I could say more but I'd make a lot of people mad.

cobalt or HHR

Scion Xb is a box on wheels, I don't care what anyone says or wants to say, that car is ugly. I like the tC.

Marosolid 02-09-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 6731)
Thanks, Gary. This was a serious question. I know that GM had a few getting just over that 30 mpg mark, but didn't know which ones. I'd recommend GM over any other to "keep it in the family". It looks like there are a few good choices up there.

I agree, I'd like to keep it in the GM family, however there aren't as many options that fill the specifications that I am interested in, which are mpg, low price, and sporty looking/powerful. I intend on putting rims on and beat in the car and I think we can all agree that rims can change the aggressiveness/styling of a vehicle dramatically.

KILLER74Z28 02-09-2007 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buy American...

Attachment 684

WMCC Gary 02-09-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 6748)
Buy American...

Attachment 684

:stupid: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

boxmonkeyracing 02-09-2007 05:56 PM

I know when I had an ion it got anywhere from 37 to 40 mpg on the interstate. of course that's if I wasn't lead footing it. even then I would get around 34-35 mpg. but personally the ion isn't my thing.

Mr. Wyndham 02-09-2007 06:39 PM

I am SOOOOOO glad that other people are as "American" with their cars as I am...I won't buy a toyota because, well, it's a toyota. Same with the other illegal aliens. The Big Three is for me!

Scotsman 02-09-2007 08:33 PM

What's up w/ the ethnocentric sentiment??? My god, cars are cars....:bonk:

Casull 02-09-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 6758)
I am SOOOOOO glad that other people are as "American" with their cars as I am...I won't buy a toyota because, well, it's a toyota. Same with the other illegal aliens. The Big Three is for me!

I don't understand all of these "American" comments. Since when are you less of an American for buying an import? Hell, almost all of these "jap crap" cars are made in America anyway. I have several family members that work at the Toyota factory in Southern Indiana that makes the Sequoia and Tundra. I would have no problem buying either of those vehicles because it helps to ensure that my fmily has food on their plates and a roof over their heads. Likewise, even if you do buy the majority of other imports, your purchase is still helping to ensure good American families are provided for.

KILLER74Z28 02-09-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 6768)
I don't understand all of these "American" comments. Since when are you less of an American for buying an import? Hell, almost all of these "jap crap" cars are made in America anyway. I have several family members that work at the Toyota factory in Southern Indiana that makes the Sequoia and Tundra. I would have no problem buying either of those vehicles because it helps to ensure that my fmily has food on their plates and a roof over their heads. Likewise, even if you do buy the majority of other imports, your purchase is still helping to ensure good American families are provided for.

Yeah, that can be a catch 22 argument no matter how it is presented.:iono:

On the other hand, when you buy a Chevrolet or Ford product the money stays in "The Good Old U.S.A.". Whereas, when you purchase a Toyota the profit finds itself in "The Land Of The Rising Sun”.

Scotsman 02-09-2007 09:48 PM

Yeh, and most of everything anyone buys anywhere in the world the profit will most surely find itself in communist China.:thumbsup:

KILLER74Z28 02-09-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerScotsman (Post 6773)
Yeh, and most of everything anyone buys anywhere in the world the profit will most surely find itself in communist China.:thumbsup:

Don't forget India... :bellyroll:

Moose 02-09-2007 11:12 PM

If you want my advice, choose the Cobalt, or any GM product.

You may see one of these in front of your house if you don't! :laugh:

http://images.consumerguide.com/auto...3321990001.JPG

Marosolid 02-09-2007 11:34 PM

Alright, you guys are givin me a guilt trip about buyin non AMERICAN. I still dont know what i'm gonna get but I will share with pictures when I get it. I'm goin car shoppin next weekend. I have done alot or reaserch online which is a first for me, I usually am an impulse buyer. I HATE walkin onto a dealership lot though, you get swarmed by salesmen that ****in follow yur ass around and im just like IF I NEED YUR HELP ILL ASK LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE. But a little more polite than that.